ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Documentary

People forget how good that Seattle team was. Payton and Kemp were straight up beasts back then and IMO if there was a team that was going to beat the Bulls, it was them.

Glad they are finally talking a bit more about that Jordan was an asshole to his teammates. That seems to have been glossed over a little, and was worried they would avoid it a ton because Mike worked with the filmmakers.

Really enjoying it so far.

Personal opinion, has this documentary made more MJ fans an believers (as in, the GOAT) than before it came out?

I would say that anyone over the age of 25, maybe even a little younger, probably sees Jordan as the best ever, and the younger generation probably sees it as LBJ. I'm guessing that the younger folks that never got to see Michael play live on TV are now second guessing their choice for best of all time.

Personal opinion, has this documentary made more MJ fans an believers (as in, the GOAT) than before it came out?

I would say that anyone over the age of 25, maybe even a little younger, probably sees Jordan as the best ever, and the younger generation probably sees it as LBJ. I'm guessing that the younger folks that never got to see Michael play live on TV are now second guessing their choice for best of all time.
You think it’s 25? I was thinking more like 35 year olds. They would’ve been 13 when he retired so people under 35 basically missed his entire career. I’m 40 and was just barely getting into sports when the Bulls first won the 1991 title.

I have a tough time picking LBJ over Mike, in terms of being a better player... but when you Iook at their numbers, what Lebron has done is really amazing.

For perspective... Lebrons career averages are 27 ppg, 7.5 rbg, 7.5 apg, 1.5 steals per game, 1 block per game, 20 FGa per game, 28 PER, 236 win share.

Jordan, 30 ppg, 6 rbg, 5 apg, 2 steals per game, 1 block per game, 23 FGa per game, 28 PER, 214 win share.

Jordan has three more shots per game but and 3 more points, and fewer rebounds per game, and fewer assists. He obviously has more titles.

You think it’s 25? I was thinking more like 35 year olds. They would’ve been 13 when he retired so people under 35 basically missed his entire career. I’m 40 and was just barely getting into sports when the Bulls first won the 1991 title.
You might be right, it may be older. I was just thinking that my brother and myself (he's 25, I'm 27) have always shared the idea that Jordan was the GOAT. But we are both basketball fanatics, so maybe its just people our age that have done their research. Most friends and family that are at least somewhat close to my age still have Michael as the best.

I have a tough time picking LBJ over Mike, in terms of being a better player... but when you Iook at their numbers, what Lebron has done is really amazing.

For perspective... Lebrons career averages are 27 ppg, 7.5 rbg, 7.5 apg, 1.5 steals per game, 1 block per game, 20 FGa per game, 28 PER, 236 win share.

Jordan, 30 ppg, 6 rbg, 5 apg, 2 steals per game, 1 block per game, 23 FGa per game, 28 PER, 214 win share.

Jordan has three more shots per game but and 3 more points, and fewer rebounds per game, and fewer assists. He obviously has more titles.
LBJ is number two on my all time list. I am enjoying what time he has left playing the game while I can.

Reactions: TheDude1
Would have loved to see Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Green, etc... playing the Bulls. Too bad different era’s, barely.

Glad they are finally talking a bit more about that Jordan was an asshole to his teammates. That seems to have been glossed over a little, and was worried they would avoid it a ton because Mike worked with the filmmakers.

Really enjoying it so far.
Meh, this is overblown. Hell his teammates, for the most part, seemed "OK" with such. Most said they understood. Most said it made them better. Pippen said as much that Jordan HAD to be THAT guy.

IMO the "Jordan was an asshole to his teammats" is just something for those that don't like the dude, to use against him. It could be worse, I guess..He could be known as quitting in the Finals.Winking

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Those three did play vs the Bulls in the 91 finals...Plus Sam Perkins, Divac and Byron Scott.

Kareem was in his own league at center tho. Just saying. Jordan was asked who the best shot blocker in the NBA was. He said Kareem. The interviewer mentioned that he only averaged 1-2 blocks per game. Jordan said because the rest of the league knows not to challenge him inside. Skyhook. Too bad he wasn’t a bit younger and not retired in ‘91.

i noticed someone on there said 6 rings were the most or something like that. I immediately thought of Bill Russell.

Meh, this is overblown. Hell his teammates, for the most part, seemed "OK" with such. Most said they understood. Most said it made them better. Pippen said as much that Jordan HAD to be THAT guy.

IMO the "Jordan was an asshole to his teammats" is just something for those that don't like the dude, to use against him. It could be worse, I guess..He could be known as quitting in the Finals.Winking

I think they were okay with it because all that mofo did was win win win no matter what. He wouldn't ask anything of someone he wouldn't do himself. And yeah, he had to be that guy, because of his insane drive. But the guy could be an abrasive prick... I don't think it is only for people who don't like him; I think a number of his teammates felt that way, and said as much:)

My wife, who is a mental health expert, is fascinated by him, by the drive. I think it is the key to keeping her watching the show with me. That, and she loves analyzing Rodman.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
People forget how good that Seattle team was. Payton and Kemp were straight up beasts back then and IMO if there was a team that was going to beat the Bulls, it was them.

I always thought Portland would be the team that could’ve beat the Bulls of any of the teams they faced in the finals. Never felt like anybody would’ve beat them in the finals but if I had to pick Portland and Drexler get my vote.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

I would have to slightly disagree a little. I’m a huge Boston/Larry Bird fan but I loved Jordan and the way he played. I think he was an ass to his teammates and I think they hated him for the most part. I’m sure they’re all over it now but I’d say back then they wanted to beat his ass. I personally loved the way he pushed them but I would’ve hated to be that Burrell kid (think I spelled it right).

Yep. Jabbar had 6 as well. 1 with the Bucks, 5 with the Lakers. He and Magic together were unfair.

The 80s and their super teams in LA, Boston, Philly, Houston at times and Detroit later that decade. The 80s are defined by the super teams. For 10 years only those 5 teams made the NBA Finals. It wasn’t until Portland breaking through in 1990 and then Bulls in 1991 that we saw someone else make it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think they were okay with it because all that mofo did was win win win no matter what. He wouldn't ask anything of someone he wouldn't do himself. And yeah, he had to be that guy, because of his insane drive. But the guy could be an abrasive prick... I don't think it is only for people who don't like him; I think a number of his teammates felt that way, and said as much:)

My wife, who is a mental health expert, is fascinated by him, by the drive. I think it is the key to keeping her watching the show with me. That, and she loves analyzing Rodman.
Jordans "will" to win...to succeed, is to be quite honest----down right scary. I mean you lie to yourself...then convince yourself of said lie---to motivate you? I mean that is borderline psychotic.

I always thought Portland would be the team that could’ve beat the Bulls of any of the teams they faced in the finals. Never felt like anybody would’ve beat them in the finals but if I had to pick Portland and Drexler get my vote.
After watching this documentary, and seeing this side of MJ? I mean look, we all knew his drive. His mentality..But I don't think any of us realized it, to THAT level. So yeah, a month ago, I would've said the Blazers as well. But now? I'm not sure any team could've beaten those dudes. He(Jordan) simply wasn't going to lose.

Jordans "will" to win...to succeed, is to be quite honest----down right scary. I mean you lie to yourself...then convince yourself of said lie---to motivate you? I mean that is borderline psychotic.

Jordan is loose example of a sociopath. He’s narcissistic and self-absorbed. Plays mental gymnastics to convince himself of a lie. Those are tendencies of a sociopath.

Jordan is loose example of a sociopath. He’s narcissistic and self-absorbed. Plays mental gymnastics to convince himself of a lie. Those are tendencies of a sociopath.
I'd say his tendencies lean more to that of a psychopath....

Agreed, it is a touch much:) My wife said, only half joking, "It is a good thing is a basketball player, because otherwise he might be a serial killer."

Of course, that sort of drive can lead to GREAT accomplishments. But it also seems like a lot to carry... I would not want to me like that, personally.

Agreed, it is a touch much:) My wife said, only half joking, "It is a good thing is a basketball player, because otherwise he might be a serial killer."

Of course, that sort of drive can lead to GREAT accomplishments. But it also seems like a lot to carry... I would not want to me like that, personally.
Yep. Look, I hate to lose. Was very competitive. Couldn't stand it. BUT....Not to that extent. Not to where I had to fabricate shit, to motivate myself. TBH, I bet deep down, for MJ, its a curse. Maybe. WHo knows. But I know this---Its what separates him from guys like Kobe, LeBron, etc, etc.. Its also why I don't think anyone was gonna beat that guy, in his prime. Had he not retired, I'm 100% sold the Bulls win 7 or 8 straight titles. That dude just wasn't going to lose.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Jordan is a massive doosh
42af67a5c5cdaf29c7e6baf72f621f95.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT