ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Documentary

Ali would beat Tyson both in their primes. Ready to have this debate with anyone who disagrees
Now this is an interesting discussion...I saw Tyson in his prime..

YIKES...Easily the best fighter I ever saw. What made him so good, and so scary was---The mufferducker fought MAD. He fought ANGRY. He didn't want to beat you---He wanted to ****in hurt you. And the scary part, and THE part that made him great---Wsa he was able to control that, early in his career. Opponents were literally scared of this dude.

Scared.

I dunno, man. Mike Tyson was from a different cloth, bruh. A ****ing animal.

Now this is an interesting discussion...I saw Tyson in his prime..

YIKES...Easily the best fighter I ever saw. What made him so good, and so scary was---The mufferducker fought MAD. He fought ANGRY. He didn't want to beat you---He wanted to ****in hurt you. And the scary part, and THE part that made him great---Wsa he was able to control that, early in his career. Opponents were literally scared of this dude.

Scared.

I dunno, man. Mike Tyson was from a different cloth, bruh. A ****ing animal.
I agree with this. When Tyson was on his game, he was the GOAT.
What made him so great is also what destroyed his career... the man was crazy.

Did Ali ever lose to a chump like Buster Douglas? Seems that would be important. Many of you like to say that Bron's loss to Dallas was a death knell for any shot at GOAT status. Buster knocking Tyson the fvck out should matter, a lot.

Did Ali ever lose to a chump like Buster Douglas? Seems that would be important. Many of you like to say that Bron's loss to Dallas was a death knell for any shot at GOAT status. Buster knocking Tyson the fvck out should matter, a lot.
It does...It's certainly a stain. But Tyson in his prime, and under control, was a God damn monster.

Also, there's more than the "Dallas loss" that separates LBJ and Mike...

Note: Buster was a waste of talent. Dude was built to box. He had talent. He did go like 38-6,with 26 KO's. He had zero business beating Tyson. But that'sa prime example of where Mike was mentally.

It does...It's certainly a stain. But Tyson in his prime, and under control, was a God damn monster.

Note: Buster was a waste of talent. Dude was built to box. He had talent. He did go like 38-6,with 26 KO's. He had zero business beating Tyson. But that'sa prime example of where Mike was mentally.

So, Ali didn't lose to any chumps? Would MJ have lost focus? Would Ali? GOATs don't.

Ali would have worn Tyson down. Wouldn’t have let him close the distance without getting tagged a few times. It would have gone a lot like the Foreman fight. I don’t think Foreman could punch like Tyson, but Ali would still wear him down.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I enjoyed the documentary. Will say though the last 3-4 episodes it was a little too overload on the narrative that Jordan carried the Bulls by himself to some of those titles. Jordan was obviously the most important player but it made some players, especially Pippen, look awful.

I loved Tyson but he isn’t beating Ali. If they fought ten times he might win twice. Ali was/is the greatest!

Reactions: JimboBBN
Ali was a master of head games too. Everybody thought Liston could not be beat. Big George looked invincible. Frazier was a slightly lesser version of Tyson IMO. Devastating left hook.

Reactions: AWilli6995

Loved Tyson, but he was exposed as a guy with a weak chin in that Douglas fight. We didn't know about it prior to that fight because no one had managed to land a shot on him before Buster tagged him. It wasn't even that hard a shot, but it crumpled Tyson like a $2 folding chair. I still remember the ref counting out Tyson who was so dazed that he was more interested in grabbing his mouth guard off the floor as opposed to getting to his feet.

Loved Tyson, but he was exposed as a guy with a weak chin in that Douglas fight. We didn't know about it prior to that fight because no one had managed to land a shot on him before Buster tagged him. It wasn't even that hard a shot, but it crumpled Tyson like a $2 folding chair. I still remember the ref counting out Tyson who was so dazed that he was more interested in grabbing his mouth guard off the floor as opposed to getting to his feet.
First off, Douglass should have been counted out in the 7th round...But that is irrelevant.

Secondly, it wasn't "A" pucnh that knocked Tyson out, it was a combination of pucnhes---the last being a pretty solid left..

At the end of round 8, Mike dropped Buster with a right hand bomb. It was an uppercut to the challenger’s chin. Douglas was up on the confused referee’s count of nine. Now here is the controversy. Meyran had taken 14 seconds to count to nine! It could have been the crowd noise or the hand signals from the timekeeper. The referee knew he had screwed up, but it was too late. The bell rang. The round was over. Tyson’s window of opportunity had closed. There would be no KO for Tyson in round 8. It was another famous “long count” that is still argued about today.

Tyson should have won the fight in the 8th round. It took 14 seconds for the referee to count to 9...I mean, damn.

First off, Douglass should have been counted out in the 7th round...But that is irrelevant.

Secondly, it wasn't "A" pucnh that knocked Tyson out, it was a combination of pucnhes---the last being a pretty solid left..

At the end of round 8, Mike dropped Buster with a right hand bomb. It was an uppercut to the challenger’s chin. Douglas was up on the confused referee’s count of nine. Now here is the controversy. Meyran had taken 14 seconds to count to nine! It could have been the crowd noise or the hand signals from the timekeeper. The referee knew he had screwed up, but it was too late. The bell rang. The round was over. Tyson’s window of opportunity had closed. There would be no KO for Tyson in round 8. It was another famous “long count” that is still argued about today.

Tyson should have won the fight in the 8th round. It took 14 seconds for the referee to count to 9...I mean, damn.

I’m sure it’s because you was typing fast but you got your “C” and “N” backwards in “Punched”. Just a heads up.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Read a good write up on line on who the GOAT is. Guy admitted he was all MJ, until he delved deeper. Compared MJ, Kareem, and Bill Russell. Compared stats, championships wins, MVP’s, etc... Dude stuck with MJ slightly. Said case could be made for all 3 as well as a couple others. Defensive stats were not considered. May not have been kept years ago? Russell averaged over 22 rebounds per game over career. Wow.
He concluded one thing could not be argued, Kareem the GOAT career HS-College-NBA. Not close. College made dunking illegal because of Kareem lol.

ADVERTISEMENT