ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Documentary

42907262021_cbf49dc3de_b.jpg

Reactions: speedfrk
I’m probably one of the the only people on the planet to love the Heels but loathe MJ. Lol.

Regardless, I can’t wait for the doc.

Reactions: shun1
I like Lebron more than MJ but can respect each ones greatness. Lebron just seems like a better human being, but that really has nothing to do with basketball. I’d put Jordan 1a and Lebron 1b...

Reactions: 829305 and JimboBBN
I like Lebron more than MJ but can respect each ones greatness. Lebron just seems like a better human being, but that really has nothing to do with basketball. I’d put Jordan 1a and Lebron 1b...
Think most would agree with you on this. Although I do think Jordan has a soft side that he doesn't let a lot of people see (watch his tribute to Kobe)

But as far as pure basketball perspective. There is one GOAT, and he wore 23 in red.

Think most would agree with you on this. Although I do think Jordan has a soft side that he doesn't let a lot of people see (watch his tribute to Kobe)

But as far as pure basketball perspective. There is one GOAT, and he wore 23 in red.
I don’t think Jordan is a bad person by any means, and he’s def the goat, but Lebron is inching his way. Idk if he’ll ever surpass Jordan in terms of what’s considered “the goat”, however the dude gets a lot of hate, and he’s the best player in basketball right now at the age of 35. It’s pretty amazing. The haters are missing out on our version of Jordan. Oh well..

Reactions: 829305 and JimboBBN
I’m not the biggest LeBron fan but I can definitely appreciate his talent & I enjoy watching him play.
Not really sure about how great of human beings any of them are.
They all have that “ big dick” mentality & that’s what makes them so great on the court.

I don’t think Jordan is a bad person by any means, and he’s def the goat, but Lebron is inching his way. Idk if he’ll ever surpass Jordan in terms of what’s considered “the goat”, however the dude gets a lot of hate, and he’s the best player in basketball right now at the age of 35. It’s pretty amazing. The haters are missing out on our version of Jordan. Oh well..
I will fully admit I used to be one of the biggest Bron haters out there. It all started when he was in his first stint with Cleveland. He would routinely destroy my Pistons in the playoffs (big fan of them when they had Tayshaun)

Then after that, I just found silly reasons to hate the guy. Finally started to appreciate him after he went back to Cleveland and won them a title. Kind of told myself what you just posted. The odds of me seeing another LBJ in my lifetime are very slim. Why not appreciate the greatness I'm watching. I wouldn't say I'm a fan now, but I don't root against him anymore.

Reactions: UL_1986
I will fully admit I used to be one of the biggest Bron haters out there. It all started when he was in his first stint with Cleveland. He would routinely destroy my Pistons in the playoffs (big fan of them when they had Tayshaun)

Then after that, I just found silly reasons to hate the guy. Finally started to appreciate him after he went back to Cleveland and won them a title. Kind of told myself what you just posted. The odds of me seeing another LBJ in my lifetime are very slim. Why not appreciate the greatness I'm watching. I wouldn't say I'm a fan now, but I don't root against him anymore.
My biggest problem with LBJ is him jumping from team to team to team.
I understand MJ & even Kolbe played with great players but it just seems like LBJ is always looking for the next team to join to try & get a ring.
That don’t mean I can’t appreciate his talent or his place in history.

I understand MJ & even Kolbe played with great players but it just seems like LBJ is always looking for the next team to join to try & get a ring.
He definitely started the current trend as far as super teams go. No doubt. I don't have any issues with him going to the Lakers or back to the Cavs. One team wasn't very good, the other was his home town team. The first move to the Heat I will give you. Kinda weak for a superstar. But he justified it.

As a Chicagoan who experienced his sports prime (ages 15-28) during MJ's Bulls tenure you better believe I'm excited for this.

He definitely started the current trend as far as super teams go. No doubt. I don't have any issues with him going to the Lakers or back to the Cavs. One team wasn't very good, the other was his home town team. The first move to the Heat I will give you. Kinda weak for a superstar. But he justified it.
I agree but he did go back to Cleveland with a nice team. Him, Kyrie Irving, Kevin love, JR Smith, Kendrick Perkins.... he went back to a pretty nice team.,

Reactions: JimboBBN
I agree but he did go back to Cleveland with a nice team. Him, Kyrie Irving, Kevin love, JR Smith, Kendrick Perkins.... he went back to a pretty nice team.,
They were pretty good, but the fact they beat that stacked warriors team was a testament.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Out of curiosity, why do you hate MJ?
Well, I became a Tar Heel fan in 1987? Right around the JR Reid SI cover. My old man did business in NC and brought me a UNC mini-ball and that was my squad. Around the same time I become a Barkley fan, growing up in Central Illinois. So, not only was I rooting against MJ, but I’m an asshole for doing so. Ha. Many encounters along the way, one in the Wrigley Field bleachers during the ‘93 Finals (I was only 17), and several others forced me to resent MJ and root my ass off against him. So, his time at UNC just didn’t matter to my world.

I was pretty whatever w LeBron until he left Cleveland. Then, I couldn’t stand him. But, once he went home, I fell in love. Dude is a total drama queen about things and loves to control narratives, but there has never been a specimen like him, imo. However, he’ll never be the winner MJ was. But, that’s cause Jordan operated on an assassin’s mentality, one nobody has come close to matching, even Kobe (who had a hell of a version of it).

Well, I became a Tar Heel fan in 1987? Right around the JR Reid SI cover. My old man did business in NC and brought me a UNC mini-ball and that was my squad. Around the same time I become a Barkley fan, growing up in Central Illinois. So, not only was I rooting against MJ, but I’m an asshole for doing so. Ha. Many encounters along the way, one in the Wrigley Field bleachers during the ‘93 Finals (I was only 17), and several others forced me to resent MJ and root my ass off against him. So, his time at UNC just didn’t matter to my world.
Fair enough. Thought maybe you had a bad experience with him or something.
My nephew was a huge Bryce Harper fan & ran into him in Cincinnati a few years ago.
He asked him to take a quick pic with him & he was a total dick about it.
Told him to get Instagram famous on his own.

Fair enough. Thought maybe you had a bad experience with him or something.
My nephew was a huge Bryce Harper fan & ran into him in Cincinnati a few years ago.
He asked him to take a quick pic with him & he was a total dick about it.
Told him to get Instagram famous on his own.
Harper is a total douche....

I was pretty whatever w LeBron until he left Cleveland. Then, I couldn’t stand him. But, once he went home, I fell in love. Dude is a total drama queen about things and loves to control narratives, but there has never been a specimen like him, imo. However, he’ll never be the winner MJ was. But, that’s cause Jordan operated on an assassin’s mentality, one nobody has come close to matching, even Kobe (who had a hell of a version of it).
This. He was just cold-blooded, man.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I agree. I was a LBJ fan till he went to Miami and teamed up with Wade and Bosh. Kobe or MJ wouldn't never pull a move like that but I do love what LBJ does when it comes to social issues, something MJ ignored. Also LBJ and Kobe are all about their families and you can't help but give them respect for that.

I agree. I was a LBJ fan till he went to Miami and teamed up with Wade and Bosh. Kobe or MJ wouldn't never pull a move like that but I do love what LBJ does when it comes to social issues, something MJ ignored. Also LBJ and Kobe are all about their families and you can't help but give them respect for that.
See, I think when we say we can’t compare eras, we are probably right. And partly because we don’t know what MJ would’ve done had he played in the age of player empowerment. The players run the league now. Used to be the owners. imo.

Personally I don’t want LBJ opinions on social issues. I can think for myself & don’t want or need his opinion on different topics.
Maybe that’s why I like MJ so much. He was there to kick ass on the court & put shoes on your feet.lol

Personally I don’t want LBJ opinions on social issues. I can think for myself & don’t want or need his opinion on different topics.
Maybe that’s why I like MJ so much. He was there to kick ass on the court & put shoes on your feet.lol
He doesn’t just offer opinions, though. LeBron does a lot for his community. MJ just wanted money. “Republicans buy shoes, too.” To each his own.

I think people expect too much out of athletes.
They didn’t sign up to be a spokesperson to any & every event or back certain politicians.
The majority do great things for their communities.

nobody has ever said MJ was a great father, husband or even roll model.
BUT he was the greatest human being to ever pick up a basketball !!!!!

I think people expect too much out of athletes.
They didn’t sign up to be a spokesperson to any & every event or back certain politicians.
The majority do great things for their communities.

nobody has ever said MJ was a great father, husband or even roll model.
BUT he was the greatest human being to ever pick up a basketball !!!!!
I think I agree with you, at least part of your statement. While I do think being a responsible public figure is kind of thrusted upon athletes, especially bigger stars, it kind of comes with the territory. You have a platform and audience that 99.9 percent of the world doesn't have. People are going to look to you in situations other than sports whether you like it or not. Is it fair? No, its not fair. Athletes are just doing their jobs, but with their jobs comes publicity and access.

So yea, not fair to have expectations beyond your sport, but at this point, you have to expect it if that's the path you choose. Social media won't just let you play a sport without the extras.

I think I agree with you, at least part of your statement. While I do think being a responsible public figure is kind of thrusted upon athletes, especially bigger stars, it kind of comes with the territory. You have a platform and audience that 99.9 percent of the world doesn't have. People are going to look to you in situations other than sports whether you like it or not. Is it fair? No, its not fair. Athletes are just doing their jobs, but with their jobs comes publicity and access.

So yea, not fair to have expectations beyond your sport, but at this point, you have to expect it if that's the path you choose. Social media won't just let you play a sport without the extras.
While that’s true, let’s remember that MJ played in an era without social media.
Is there a chance that he might have been more socially active if he had Twitter or Instagram back then?
This is a free country & I respect LBJ for standing up for what he thinks is right or situations he believes are wrong. I might not agree with him or necessarily want his ( or any public figure ) opinions but for people to say that MJ didn’t speak up like LBJ & just cared about making money isn’t fair because of the era MJ played in.

While that’s true, let’s remember that MJ played in an era without social media.
Is there a chance that he might have been more socially active if he had Twitter or Instagram back then?
This is a free country & I respect LBJ for standing up for what he thinks is right or situations he believes are wrong. I might not agree with him or necessarily want his ( or any public figure ) opinions but for people to say that MJ didn’t speak up like LBJ & just cared about making money isn’t fair because of the era MJ played in.
No I agree with you. LeBron is pressured (at least partially, I would think) to speak beyond basketball on issues and politics. I don’t really agree with the guy either, but I can’t sit here and say if I was in his position I wouldn’t give me opinion on things if people were asking me or begging me for them, you know?

Jordan never had the platform LeBron does

Was hoping it would be on Netflix. ESPN will censor the hell out of it.

Didn't ESPN show all of the awful photos in the OJ doc on ESPN? I doubt they'll censor stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT