ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Scheyer over Tommy Amaker..

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
Pretty clear coach K feels more comfortable with a coach that “looks” like him huh? Seems a bit race driven to me. Also LOL at the president of Duke apparently pushing for Amaker but the basketball coach being able to overrule him. Glad to see the President is in control in Durham.

Pretty clear coach K feels more comfortable with a coach that “looks” like him huh? Seems a bit race driven to me. Also LOL at the president of Duke apparently pushing for Amaker but the basketball coach being able to overrule him. Glad to see the President is in control in Durham.

Oh man, Barstool is like the sports equivalent of the NY Post... it is just such trash.

I doubt that K wants to keep control of the Duke program. The guy is retiring; why would he then want to control the program? Why wouldn't he just keep coaching? And nothing in the actual book they are quoting seems to offer any actual evidence of that... it is just author speculation, and isn't at all supported by the actual source material, which is just about K worrying that Dawkins coming in would create an issue with Scheyer.

And if anyone believes that Duke offered the job to Amaker without K knowing, but then K stepped in... you are a sucker.

But whatever... Barstool knows they will get clicks, and people who hate K and Duke will buy it, no questions asked.

Barstool and New York post? What are you talking about?

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Amaker has been a proven failure. There's no excuse for him not to succeed at Michigan. I"ll take a highly thought of assistant who's spearheaded our #1 recruiting classes over the past few years even if he's an unknown commodity.

• Love
Reactions: orthores and tw3301
Amaker has been a proven failure. There's no excuse for him not to succeed at Michigan. I"ll take a highly thought of assistant who's spearheaded our #1 recruiting classes over the past few years even if he's an unknown commodity.
Duke could have hired anyone in the country. What’s a joke is that it was just between Amaker and Scheyer. When sheyer fails maybe then you will see being tied to coach K shouldn’t not be a requirement

Reactions: englandnu
Oh man, Barstool is like the sports equivalent of the NY Post... it is just such trash.

I doubt that K wants to keep control of the Duke program. The guy is retiring; why would he then want to control the program? Why wouldn't he just keep coaching? And nothing in the actual book they are quoting seems to offer any actual evidence of that... it is just author speculation, and isn't at all supported by the actual source material, which is just about K worrying that Dawkins coming in would create an issue with Scheyer.

And if anyone believes that Duke offered the job to Amaker without K knowing, but then K stepped in... you are a sucker.

But whatever... Barstool knows they will get clicks, and people who hate K and Duke will buy it, no questions asked.
That’s crazy. There was a poster in another thread who was saying something along the same line as this . . . just not as well spoken.

Duke could have hired anyone in the country. What’s a joke is that it was just between Amaker and Scheyer. When sheyer fails maybe then you will see being tied to coach K shouldn’t not be a requirement
Maybe they'll hire Amaker after Scheyer.

@lurkeraspect84 , @TheDude1

Sorry to cross-thread (our threads 🤔) . . . Anyway I saw your all’s back and forth in the other thread, but couldn’t discern if you all thought there was racial discord in the hiring of Scheyer over Amaker? Saw this thread and thought it plugged in well.
They can hire which ever loser they want. It would make more sense to hire someone with coaching experience and doesn't further the white persona from Duke. Wasn't' long ago, K preferred white players, or at least light skinned.

It's time Duke hires a AA coach.

Yeah, I feel the same way... Amaker hasn't really gotten it done. Plus, Scheyer can fail, you know? Like, he is new... if he fails after trying to fill in for Coach K, I don't think it does that much damage to his career... it will almost be like people EXPECTED it to happen. Then the NEXT coach can come in and make the spot THEIRS, instead of being the person who took Ks place. Scheyer is, in some ways, a "safe" choice.

The race card. Of course. Maybe K felt that John was the best person for the job. Ever think of that.

Maybe no ulterior motives. Maybe he just thought he was the best person to be successful and lead Duke.

Ever think of that.

The race card. Of course. Maybe K felt that John was the best person for the job. Ever think of that.

Maybe no ulterior motives. Maybe he just thought he was the best person to be successful and lead Duke.

Ever think of that.
I think K has his motives.

Maybe they'll hire Amaker after Scheyer.
Imagine Kentucky only being able to hire

Ever think of that.
Their are proven coaches that would come to duke. Why were only former players of coach K considered?

Imagine Kentucky only being able to hire

Their are proven coaches that would come to duke. Why were only former players of coach K considered?
Their school, their business, their choice. Simple.

Not sure what your beef is.

And do you have the entire list of people that were under consideration.

Maybe it just came down to Jon and Tommy. Maybe others were considered as well.

And if your Aunt had balls, she would be your Uncle.

Motives huh? Yep, for Duke and Jon to be successful going forward. That crazy SOB wants Duke to win games and titles. Nuts huh?
Yeah. Hiring an unproven assistant is the number 1 way to continue winning games and titles. Name a situation where an assistant successfully replaced a legend? Didnt work at ucla. Didn’t work long term at Indiana. Didn’t work long term at uconn. Doesn’t appear to be working at unc now and didn’t work at unc after dean smith either

Their school, their business, their choice. Simple.

Not sure what your beef is.

And do you have the entire list of people that were under consideration.

Maybe it just came down to Jon and Tommy. Maybe others were considered as well.
It’s a joke of a search and a complete sham if those were the final 2. Duke will see though

Yeah. Hiring an unproven assistant is the number 1 way to continue winning games and titles. Name a situation where an assistant successfully replaced a legend? Didnt work at ucla. Didn’t work long term at Indiana. Didn’t work long term at uconn. Doesn’t appear to be working at unc.
Dont really care what you think. You have an issue with it. I dont. I am a Duke fan. You arent.

Move on.

It’s a joke of a search and a complete sham if those were the final 2. Duke will see though
Yes, they will. Really not sure who you would have liked Duke to hire. Surprised they didnt call you. I mean, I am sure they read this message board every day. I can hear K and the AD now. "Did you read what AuHoosier said in the Rivals message board? I think we should listen to him." :)

Yes, they will. Really not sure who you would have liked Duke to hire. Surprised they didnt call you. I mean, I am sure they read this message board every day. I can hear K and the AD now. "Did you read what AuHoosier said in the Rivals message board? I think we should listen to him." :)
If I was duke I would made jay wright an offer he couldn’t refuse. Then perhaps mark few. Maybe Brad Steven’s. You know proven collegiate coaches at private schools? Then again they may outshine Coach K at some point so that wouldn’t work for him

Maybe, maybe not. By then Bruce will have been fired for cheating, so maybe you can hire Jon then.
Fired for cheating? The ncaa is irrelevant now. It’s now legal to pay players. No coaches are going to be fired for cheating anymore. Even duke can now do what they have always been doing legally

If I was duke I would made jay wright an offer he couldn’t refuse. Then perhaps mark few. Maybe Brad Steven’s. You know proven collegiate coaches at private schools? Then again they may outshine Coach K at some point so that wouldn’t work for him
How do you know they didnt?

Because your duke. Act like it. You would of of gotten one of them. Coach k didn’t want that though.
Do you happen to know the lottery numbers for tomorrow Kreskin? You seem to have psychotic thoughts and I would really like to retire.

Do you happen to know the lottery numbers for tomorrow Kreskin? You seem to have psychotic thoughts and I would really like to retire.
Dude. You don’t settle on those two if your search was legit. Good lord. Stop being so naive for one time in your life

It’s hilarious how much self awareness you lack
It is hilarious at how you are so far over the top on subjects. Pretending you know what others are thinking and basing your opinion off of what you think happened or will happen.

Face it dude, you have no idea. Not one fact backs up your statements.

Duke and K felt that Jon should be his successor. Maybe Duke wanted an AA so it would look politically correct. K is as liberal as they come. So are you saying K said no to an AA ex player because of race? See, that doesnt make sense to me. So K like Jon for the job and convinced Duke to make the hire.

He may be successful, he may not. That is why the play the games.. We shall see. Stay tuned.

It is hilarious at how you are so far over the top on subjects. Pretending you know what others are thinking and basing your opinion off of what you think happened or will happen.

Face it dude, you have no idea. Not one fact backs up your statements.

Duke and K felt that Jon should be his successor. Maybe Duke wanted an AA so it would look politically correct. K is as liberal as they come. So are you saying K said no to an AA ex player because of race? See, that doesnt make sense to me. So K like Jon for the job and convinced Duke to make the hire.

He may be successful, he may not. That is why the play the games.. We shall see. Stay tuned.
Tommy amaker and Jon Scheyer are not elfit candidates and if they okayed for another school duke would t even think of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT