ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hauser... (also Sam Hauser news)

Obviously, I'm disappointed we didn't land Joey or Sam.
I do wonder why would UVa want Sam.

Given how NCAA is passing out waivers like candy it’s a nice 1 year option, especially when they have the roster room.

Reactions: cavs124
Apparently their mom was very adamant about them not going to UW. What the hell did y’all do to the poor kids?

Idk. Must have been bad for her to not want them together down the road from home.

Idk. Must have been bad for her to not want them together down the road from home.

Agreed. Curious to know the details but whatever it is it seems you big ten schools are out of control :eek:;)

Apparently their mom was very adamant about them not going to UW. What the hell did y’all do to the poor kids?
Back in 2014/15, we had only one open spot and Bo wanted a PG.
So he didn't offer Sam even though Gardo tried to recruit him.
That scholarship eventually went to D'Mitri Trice.
Some people don't forget when they feel they have been slighted.

Reactions: JRMSU and cavs124
And the story is indeed rather bizarre.

A couple of guys who cover UW basketball indicated that last weekend both brothers actually gave words to Gardo that they'd come. Now the brothers denied it.

Whatever, I guess.

And the story is indeed rather bizarre.

A couple of guys who cover UW basketball indicated that last weekend both brothers actually gave words to Gardo that they'd come. Now they denied it.

Whatever, I guess.

I’m curious to know how they found out about Gardo getting word from the brothers. Was it just speculation based off rumors around town or did Gardo himself actually tell people he received word?

I’m curious to know how they found out about Gardo getting word from the brothers. Was it just speculation based off rumors around town or did Gardo himself actually tell people he received word?
Obviously I don't know the truth.
Typically they have their sources inside the program. Journalists usually do.

Reactions: JRMSU and cavs124
FTR, I'm ok with not offering Sam previously and not getting him this time. Joey is another story.

What looks bad for Gardo is that he is giving fans the impression that he can't close the deal, not even with Sam, who isn't exactly that sought-after and who has a fxxxing girlfriend at UW. And other head coaches can use it against him as well.

Reactions: cavs124 and JRMSU
Surprised they are going in different directions. I'm sure there were plenty of good programs out there willing to take them both.

FTR, I'm ok with not offering Sam previously and not getting him this time. Joey is another story.

What looks bad for Gardo is that he is giving fans the impression that he can't close the deal, not even with Sam, who isn't exactly that sought-after and who has a fxxxing girlfriend at UW. And other head coaches can use it against him as well.

Sam Hauser is really good and can go to almost any program he wants, he's a lot better than Joey. Don't let HS recruiting rankings fool you

Sam Hauser is going to be a senior and Joey a Sophomore. Obviously next year Sam will be better, but give me 3 years of Joey over 1 year of Sam.

That’s fair but give me UVAs recruiting coming off a national championship over 3 years of Joey. I’d obviously take Joey if he wanted UVA but I’m not gonna sweat him going to MSU.

That’s fair but give me UVAs recruiting coming off a national championship over 3 years of Joey. I’d obviously take Joey if he wanted UVA but I’m not gonna sweat him going to MSU.

Lol, this guy. Good for you dude. Congrats on getting Sam Hauser. We’re all so very proud.

Joey was better as a Freshman than Sam.
Actually he wasn't, Sam practically doubled him in BPM, was more efficient and much better all around. Joey could be good in time but Sam is a big impact player

Actually he wasn't, Sam practically doubled him in BPM, was more efficient and much better all around. Joey could be good in time but Sam is a big impact player
They are both good....There we solved the debate. I would have loved for MSU to land Sam too but only if they could have got a waiver. Not sure taking him for two/one and it possibly impacting 2020 recruiting would have been smart for MSU. Pumped if MSU lands Joey and best of luck to Sam at UVA. Bummer for Wisco. I thought they were both going to be Badgers

ADVERTISEMENT