ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Baker

Ugafan1123

Gold Member
May 3, 2022
Anybody know where Joey Baker might be leaning? Looks like he’s down to Michigan and Georgia the two places he’s visited.

Anybody know where Joey Baker might be leaning? Looks like he’s down to Michigan and Georgia the two places he’s visited.

No intel. But, I would guess and hope Georgia. Dude needs to to get consistent minutes, hopefully 20 plus, and I think that'd be a lot easier to come by in Athens. Great shooter, but defense still needs to improve.

I cant believe joey baker was once a five star recruit. Thats baffling to me

I cant believe joey baker was once a five star recruit. Thats baffling to me

k did him dirty, talked him out of redshirting, played sparingly for the remaining of that year. On top of that recruited over him with lottery picks year after year. He wasn't allowed to to play through his mistakes so his minutes suffered.

k did him dirty, talked him out of redshirting, played sparingly for the remaining of that year. On top of that recruited over him with lottery picks year after year. He wasn't allowed to to play through his mistakes so his minutes suffered.

I’ll agree with the redshirt burn. If I remember correctly he went there a year early with the expectation of redshirting so he could start playing actual games with his true class. Then Zion got hurt so that went out the window.

The recruiting over thing happens everywhere, so that one I don’t really put on their coaches. I’m just surprised he stuck it out and stayed there for as long as he did when he had slim to none chance of getting any real playing time.

I’ll agree with the redshirt burn. If I remember correctly he went there a year early with the expectation of redshirting so he could start playing actual games with his true class. Then Zion got hurt so that went out the window.

The recruiting over thing happens everywhere, so that one I don’t really put on their coaches. I’m just surprised he stuck it out and stayed there for as long as he did when he had slim to none chance of getting any real playing time.

He did go there a year early thinking he was going to redshirt but we all know how that turned out. I think he should of left after his second year being that he wasn't playing meaningful minutes.

Always good to see people who have absolutely NO inside information and are not a member of the persons families spouting BS and innuendo based on absolutely nothing.

Lol. I like Baker and will root for him to succeed in Michigan. But he had opportunities, he just never stayed consistent on either end of the court. I always enjoy the brilliant basketball minds who know better than coach K how to use a player, though.

Reactions: Villian07
Lol. I like Baker and will root for him to succeed in Michigan. But he had opportunities, he just never stayed consistent on either end of the court. I always enjoy the brilliant basketball minds who know better than coach K how to use a player, though.

I know you aren't the sensitive type but this board is all about ones opinion. Some can't handle taking it but they can sling it. Roy got clowned on the regular and for the most part duke fans were leading the charge. Are duke fans getting soft because k isn't the coach?

I know you aren't the sensitive type but this board is all about ones opinion. Some can't handle taking it but they can sling it. Roy got clowned on the regular and for the most part duke fans were leading the charge. Are duke fans getting soft because k isn't the coach?
No man. I am not sensitive at all about opinions. I just laugh at some of them. Maybe you were just being sarcastic, if not. Than it was a funny opinion. K didn't ruin him. He had opportunities and unfortunately, he didn't capitalize on them despite being on a team with the need for his potential. I wish it were different. There are players who I think K didn't use correctly, I am definitely not saying that he was the perfect coach. But Baker did get chances. I mean, Bates Jones ended up getting time ahead of Baker.

Reactions: tw3301
It might look easy to figure out how to be a role player surrounded by a ton of talent, but it isn't. If you have a single special skill set you can get into that role and be a key player.

Y'all watched Baker more than I did but it kinda felt like they wanted him to be some spot shooter maybe? A guy might be a decent shooter but it's still tough if that's your role and you aren't some knockdown shooter. You can't run offense through the guy with so many better options. So he just looks kinda useless in a limited role.

You are this sensitive over talk on a message board. May wanna swap out the thong for boxers Philly.
Look up hypocrisy in the dictionary. A very large picture of you is in the definition. You give opinions, I give opinions, everyone here gives opinions. Sensitivity has nothing to do with it. I could care less about Joey Baker. He had his shot and never delivered. But you, with no information at all seems to have all the answers. It isn't sensitivity at all, it is must me responding to your stupidity.

No man. I am not sensitive at all about opinions. I just laugh at some of them. Maybe you were just being sarcastic, if not. Than it was a funny opinion. K didn't ruin him. He had opportunities and unfortunately, he didn't capitalize on them despite being on a team with the need for his potential. I wish it were different. There are players who I think K didn't use correctly, I am definitely not saying that he was the perfect coach. But Baker did get chances. I mean, Bates Jones ended up getting time ahead of Baker.
Excellent response. But keep in mind, Unc fans know much more inside information about the Duke program than Duke or other college hoops fans. Just ask them.

Look up hypocrisy in the dictionary. A very large picture of you is in the definition. You give opinions, I give opinions, everyone here gives opinions. Sensitivity has nothing to do with it. I could care less about Joey Baker. He had his shot and never delivered. But you, with no information at all seems to have all the answers. It isn't sensitivity at all, it is must me responding to your stupidity.

That thong must be a tad to small for you.

You should seek help for your obvious sexual problems. You seem to bring sex or something sexual in the majority of your posts.

No problems here. Just pointing out your sensitivity which is off the charts when it comes to duke and your dad. A so called grown ass man this tore up over things said about duke isn't normal.

I didnt mean to flame, louisville leads the nation in 5 star busts. VJ king, shaquann aaron were the worst, but derreck character, chane behanen, wayne blackshear, samardo samuels, and terrence jennings never lived up to the hype either, although a few had pretty good college careers.

And those guys were all under pitino, while not known for producing alot of high draft picks, he was pretty well known in coaching circles for his skill development.

Last edited:
No problems here. Just pointing out your sensitivity which is off the charts when it comes to duke and your dad. A so called grown ass man this tore up over things said about duke isn't normal.
You truly do not understand message boards and I do seem to recall all of your defensive posts during the AFAM scandal and for a couple of years after that and even now when it is brought up. Especially when I bring it up. You are normally the first one to comment on any post I make. So, from your skewed definition, I guess you are sensitive as well. Sad, please go stalk someone else.

You truly do not understand message boards and I do seem to recall all of your defensive posts during the AFAM scandal and for a couple of years after that and even now when it is brought up. Especially when I bring it up. You are normally the first one to comment on any post I make. So, from your skewed definition, I guess you are sensitive as well. Sad, please go stalk someone else.

And when duke is mentioned you always come running. Like I said you feel some kinda way when duke is the topic of conversation good or bad. UNC/Roy has been trashed a lot, some of it deserving some not but I’m not nor anyone on here is in the same stratosphere as you when it comes to the level of sensitivity when we talk shit about duke. Also I do it because I know your sissy ass will come running which makes for great comedy for us. Bottom line is you take it personal when shade is thrown at duke and it wouldn’t surprise me if you shed a few tears.

And when duke is mentioned you always come running. Like I said you feel some kinda way when duke is the topic of conversation good or bad. UNC/Roy has been trashed a lot, some of it deserving some not but I’m not nor anyone on here is in the same stratosphere as you when it comes to the level of sensitivity when we talk shit about duke. Also I do it because I know your sissy ass will come running which makes for great comedy for us. Bottom line is you take it personal when shade is thrown at duke and it wouldn’t surprise me if you shed a few tears.
It is called being a fan. Damn, you are so fng stupid. All fans do it. YOU do it.

It is called being a fan. Damn, you are so fng stupid. All fans do it. YOU do it.

All fans aren't sensitive/thin skinned like you. You put that on display every time you post and that's who you are. It's safe to say duke basketball is your life, probably got a duke bluedevil wallet with a pic of k in it. I can dismiss opinions I don't agree with, you proved ever since you started posting here you can't.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
All fans aren't sensitive/thin skinned like you. You put that on display every time you post and that's who you are. It's safe to say duke basketball is your life, probably got a duke bluedevil wallet with a pic of k in it. I can dismiss opinions I don't agree with, you proved ever since you started posting here you can't.
Funny. As per your usual, you are so wrong. You continually make assumptions that are not even close.

What was it you did for a living again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT