ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Redick hates America. Bails on Team USA. Bam Adebayo steps up

sheeshh...roster getting really watered down.

US is going to have to earn this one. Probably still the most talented team, but these guys don't have continuity playing together like other teams. I think Canada could have a really impressive roster. Not sure how things will shake out for them. But here's a possible lineup:

Starters:
  • G: Jamal Murray (18.2 PPG, Denver)
  • G: RJ Barrett (22.6 PPG, Duke)
  • G/F: Andrew Wiggins (18.1 PPG, Minnesota)
  • F: Tristan Thompson (10.9 PPG, Cleveland)
  • C: Kelly Olynyk (10.0 PPG, Miami)
Bench:
  • G: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (10.8 PPG, LA Clippers)
  • G: Cory Joseph (6.5 PPG, Indiana)
  • G: Dillon Brooks (7.5 PPG, Memphis)
  • F: Dwight Powell (10.6 PPG, Dallas)
  • F: Brandon Clarke (16.9 PPG, Gonzaga)
  • F: Chris Boucher (3.3 PPG, Toronto)
  • C: Khem Birch (4.8 PPG, Orlando)
Still lots of options for them. Brady Heslip and Melvin Ejim are usually in the mix, but I was going for a lineup with only NBA players.

Some more Canadians that come to mind:

Nick Stauskas
Trey Lyles
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Marial Shayok
Ignas Brazdeikis
Tyler Ennis
Andy Rautins
Kris Joseph
Xavier Rathan-Mays
Joel Anthony

They'll have a really solid team, either way.

US is going to have to earn this one. Probably still the most talented team, but these guys don't have continuity playing together like other teams. I think Canada could have a really impressive roster. Not sure how things will shake out for them. But here's a possible lineup:

Starters:
  • G: Jamal Murray (18.2 PPG, Denver)
  • G: RJ Barrett (22.6 PPG, Duke)
  • G/F: Andrew Wiggins (18.1 PPG, Minnesota)
  • F: Tristan Thompson (10.9 PPG, Cleveland)
  • C: Kelly Olynyk (10.0 PPG, Miami)
Bench:
  • G: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (10.8 PPG, LA Clippers)
  • G: Cory Joseph (6.5 PPG, Indiana)
  • G: Dillon Brooks (7.5 PPG, Memphis)
  • F: Dwight Powell (10.6 PPG, Dallas)
  • F: Brandon Clarke (16.9 PPG, Gonzaga)
  • F: Chris Boucher (3.3 PPG, Toronto)
  • C: Khem Birch (4.8 PPG, Orlando)
Still lots of options for them. Brady Heslip and Melvin Ejim are usually in the mix, but I was going for a lineup with only NBA players.
Looks like defense will be a question mark---good measurables

He probably felt like he would potentially be too close to falling off the earth or maybe find dinosaurs since he now apparently is finally convinced they actually existed.
haha wow... duke gets some really fvcking stupid basketball players.

And just like that, bam cut.
Maybe the greatest true American hero in all of history.

tenor.gif

Are you all rooting for USA too?
Despite not really liking the top of the coaching staff, heck yeah I will be rooting for team USA! I am excited to see other great players get an opportunity to play for the stars and stripes. There is also the Celtic connection as well. Kemba is basically a lock to make it, and I would think Tatum could be close to that as well. I would love to see Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart somehow get on the team too.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Marvin Bagley has been added to the group. Duke now has 3 players on the roster - Jayson Tatum and Mason Plumlee are the other two. Wonder if Plumlee will be the low maintenance #12 guy again, like he was in 2014.

Kyle Lowry and Marvin Bagley have both withdrawn consideration from Team USA. This is crazy. I like Kemba Walker, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, and Khris Middleton. After that, you're looking at a bunch of role players. Team USA certainly isn't a lock to win this one. It's gonna be a battle, no question.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Despite not really liking the top of the coaching staff, heck yeah I will be rooting for team USA! I am excited to see other great players get an opportunity to play for the stars and stripes. There is also the Celtic connection as well. Kemba is basically a lock to make it, and I would think Tatum could be close to that as well. I would love to see Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart somehow get on the team too.

Yeah, I always root for USA. No matter who plays or coaches.

i mean don't get me wrong Duke> any college team. but some of the of things their players say make you wonder about them.

You can't rationalize what Duke fans do and think. They are a weird group.
Now that is hysterical coming from a fan base that still believes the NCAA and N&O were after them and they did not cheat for 20+ years. Cant make this shit up.

Reactions: Quavarius
ADVERTISEMENT