Jessica Jones- the final Marvel series on Netflix

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset, Jun 14, 2019.

1. EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Season 3 is out now.

The trailer was kinda meh and the villain looks like your average serial killer of the week type, so not exactly getting my expectations up, but.......

This IS the last Marvel show to air under Netflix since the two parties split ways, and Marvel took their ball and went home along with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and most importantly Daredevil, which along with Stranger Things was one of the best shows Netflix had.

And unfortunately because of their differences, there won't/can't be any kind of new season for any of these shows for at least another 2 years (not to mention the high probability that they won't be able to get the same cast and the creative freedom that Netflix offered).

So for nostalgic purposes, I will give this a watch, and maybe it won't be a complete phone-it-in job. :)

RedR8der4Life likes this.
  2. BawlzDeep

BawlzDeep Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I never saw season 2

3. BTSBuckeye

BTSBuckeye Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Couldn't get into it ...

The only thing I remember thinking to myself was "I wonder if the carpet matches the drapes."

4. TeganInBama

TeganInBama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

First season was pretty great. Best season of all the Marvel Netflix series in my opinion. David Tenet kills it as Kilgrave and all of the subplots (Luke's wife & Nuke) are pretty compelling.

Season two was just ok. Focused on Jessica's mom for too long. That should have been maybe half the season. Did like what they did with Trish though.

5. YellowlabOSU

YellowlabOSU Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The first Jessica Jones was by far the best of all the Netflix Marvel series in my opinion. I wasn't the greatest fan of season 2 though. I will certainly watch this though to see if it is anything like season 1.

6. EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Expand Collapse

Nothing can beat Daredevil. Consistently strong through all 3 seasons. Just wish it would've been a little bit bigger towards the end, but I can understand they had certain restrictions being relegated to Netflix and not being able to tie more into the MCU than just in passing.

It's too bad they couldn't even get involved with Agents of Shield either.

JJ season 3 has been alright so far through 6 episodes, but the serial killer villain has been about what I expected so far.

jeremycriss and YellowlabOSU like this.
  7. SoonerInBham

SoonerInBham Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Although not Marvel, I enjoyed Arrow. First few seasons were really good

LSU02 and EvilMonkeyInTheCloset like this.
  8. EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Expand Collapse

I'm interested to see their attempt at Crisis on Infinite Earths later this Fall.

9. Ibis4life

Ibis4life Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Followed Arrow for awhile but got tired of it. Especially the constant flashbacks to his time away from home and how he developed his skills. It did spin off Legends of Tomorrow which I much prefer.

10. Ronin26

Ronin26 Well-Known Member
    Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Liked Punisher and Daredevil the best don't really care for Jessica Jones. Tried to watch Iron Fist and Luke Cage only got through the first season on each both were okay imo. However marvel moves forward I hope they use the same actors for Daredevil and Punisher as I thought they were perfect fits.

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset likes this.
  11. EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Expand Collapse

Pretty good end to the season.

Much like with Daredevil season 3, they left it open enough for future entries, but gave it enough closure that it could make for the end of the series as well..........even though I hope they don't.

12. maxpower024

maxpower024 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing wood floors.