ADVERTISEMENT

Jesse Jackson calling on high profile athletes to Boycott UK

Lol damn. They’re like “let’s build a bunch of buildings across Newberg rd (where traffic is an absolute ****ing nightmare) and put each one at the tip of these giant hills for everyone to walk up.” 🤦‍♂️
For a school with the money they have, you would think they would have a place for umpires to ****ing dress----And not make us have to cross Newburg Road. I mean bro---they don't even come get us in a golf cart. Now I am sure with them going D1, they'll have facilities for umpires---I guess.

Reactions: UL_1986
Also, I’ve met Scotty Davenport a handful of times, and he’s an absolute douche.
I've only met him working games....He can be a clown on the sidelines. But for the most pasrt, he's pretty calm.

Someday I hope fans of other teams get as excited about beating UT as you do when UT beats UK. Titles don’t matter in Knoxville as long as they beat UK! Good to be king!

Someday I hope fans of other teams get as excited about beating UT as you do when UT beats UK. Titles don’t matter in Knoxville as long as they beat UK! Good to be king!
The way UT has been killing UK lately it is good Cats have nine lives. :D

Don't you mean a championship? Isn't that what really matters?
Final Fours matter too. Even blue bloods hang banners for final fours.
We should probably work on getting UT over that FF hurdle first.

The way UT has been killing UK lately it is good Cats have nine lives. :D

Lately? Do you know how many lives UT has had to borrow for the beatings they’ve took over the years? 154-76 Della pooh!

Final Fours matter too. Even blue bloods hang banners for final fours.
We should probably work on getting UT over that FF hurdle first.
They shouldn't though should they. That's just my opinion.
You either win it or you don't. That is why UCLA is the greatest of them all.

I agree that FF are overrated. EE are looked at as a failure (zion and co) but if they had won one more game and lost in the FF it would have been a success. Don’t mean a thing without the ring. Plus FFs are just as romanticized as making the title game and losing. There’s literally no difference. Plus all FFs ain’t created equal.

Reactions: JSCat12

that is why Tennessee sucks
always has, always will
your team will never win a championship and will always suck
think about it, your team is behind such power houses as Holy Cross, La Salle, CCNY and San Fan

Reactions: RunninRichie
I agree that FF are overrated. EE are looked at as a failure (zion and co) but if they had won one more game and lost in the FF it would have been a success. Don’t mean a thing without the ring. Plus FFs are just as romanticized as making the title game and losing. There’s literally no difference. Plus all FFs ain’t created equal.
Ehhh. They're banner worthy in Kentucky so I salute them. Getting to the the final weekend isn't easy.

No offense to you or any others, but I think it's stupid to say Championship or bust. This is coming from a fan of 8 titles. It's possible to have a successful season w/o a title.

imagine saying Chris Mach has NEVER had a successful season. It's a lazy weak way of shitting on teams.

Last edited:
that is why Tennessee sucks
always has, always will
your team will never win a championship and will always suck
think about it, your team is behind such power houses as Holy Cross, La Salle, CCNY and San Fan
As long as we continue to kick y'all's ass I'm good.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Well, I didn't mention the Auburn game and doubt that any of the UK fans would have even been aware of it if you hadn't mentioned it.
200.gif

Kidding. I like you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
But they're not. Yeah, they have the most titles, but you can't disappear for decades and expect to still be thought of as a top program.

You’re definitely in the minority here.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Nah, Dukes 2018 season was considered a failure because they had two transcendent players and 3 more stud 5* guys with possibly the greatest coach of all time.
That team was beyond stacked, but they sputtered through their first three games, should have lost all of them, then finally bit the dust.
If they were an overachieving team, then that E8 would have been a success.

Ehhh. They're banner worthy in Kentucky so I salute them. Getting to the the final weekend isn't easy.

No offense to you or any others, but I think it's stupid to say Championship or bust. This is coming from a fan of 8 titles. It's possible to have a successful season w/o a title.

imagine saying Chris Mach has NEVER had a successful season. It's a lazy weak way of shitting on teams.
Tennessee fans will use whatever they can “final fours don’t mean anything” “titles don’t count unless they were won 5 years ago” Della is a idiot

But they're not. Yeah, they have the most titles, but you can't disappear for decades and expect to still be thought of as a top program.

You can do whatever you want as long as you have the titles. That is what you guys keep harping on, so deal with it.

• Haha
Well, first, I highly doubt that he knows a GRAND JURY decided not to make any indictments related to Taylor's death. He and many others seem to think this is something the attorney general decided, it wasn't. Jackson has always had a problem with all the pesky facts that get in the way of his race baiting narrative, too.

So he wants people to boycott (whatever that means...does he realize they are colleges?) UL and UK because they are in the state that the Taylor stuff went down in? Makes no sense.

You can do whatever you want as long as you have the titles. That is what you guys keep harping on, so deal with it.
Well it's a good thing UT and their fans' opinions don't really matter in this sport.

Western’s campus is actually pretty cool from what I remember. A majority of buildings and dorms were on the flat, but it gradually rose. Idk, I had a lot of good times on that campus. Bellarmine doesn’t know how to party.
If I measure how great a college campus is by how many times I ejaculated. Western would only be second to Eastern. I loved my fair share of Richmond whores. The cherry pit was aptly named. (after hours byob club)

She knows this! She just can’t stand the fact that UK is looked at as the #1 all time team. Eats at her soul!Laughing

If I measure how great a college campus is by how many times I ejaculated. Western would only be second to Eastern. I loved my fair share of Richmond whores. The cherry pit was aptly named. (after hours byob club)

while I was in dispatch academy up there I hooked up with a girl who was also there for DA. Took her to what I thought was a good hiding spot out in a field miles away from town and some old farmer pulled up with his lights right on my ass and my pants was down around my ankles. I stumbled to his truck and explained what was going on and why I was on his property and he looked at me and said “Carry on” and left!Laughing

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I don’t think it’s championship or bust regarding whether or not you have a successful season, that comes down to expectations, imo. And whether you exceed or fail to meet your teams expectations. Sometimes, like Mack’s first year at Louisville, was a good year just making the tournament, bc we lost our two best players from the Nyear before and added next to nothin in terms of recruits.

But imo some elite 8s or even sweet 16s are more impressive than some final fours. And I feel like final fours are vastly over romanticized for whatever reason. Literally no other sport except cfb since the playoffs are teams rewarded for making the conference finals.

I always go back to the year UK lost to Kstate when umbc beat uva and that whole bracket region went to hell. Would UKs season be looked back at as a historic or great season if they had made the final four by beating Cornell, Buffalo, kstate, then Loyola?

Or trez and roziers last year at Louisville. We lost to Sparty in the elite 8 in OT after mango made 1/2 at the line at the end of regulation to make it to OT. Had he hit both and we won, then got smacked in the FF like sparty did. Would that change that season from a decent season to a historically great one?

I know I’m in the minority but I’d rather win a conf tourney than make the final four and just to lose when we get there.

I guess I just don’t understand why the mark of a great season for some is making the final four. I don’t understand why it’s viewed as such a bigger accomplishment than making the elite 8 when it’s only one more win. And I certainly can’t understand why making the FF and losing the first game is basically just as significant as making the title game and losing it. I guess it’s just the history and tradition of it.

I think you can have a successful season without making the final four, but again it’s all about expectations imo.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT