Jeez, California with the fires again...

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
They are getting pretty bad, and really right into populated areas. Ten minutes from my cousins house, fifteen from my best friend from Dukes house. Hope the Cali posters on here are safe and sound!

KyFaninNC

Mar 14, 2005
I don't want anybody getting hurt, but that whole damn state needs burning to the ground.

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
I don't want anybody getting hurt, but that whole damn state needs burning to the ground.
You do realize that is a rather asshole thing to post, right? Wishing that an American state with millions of Americans living in it burns to the ground, literally while it is in the midst of a disaster, and while people on this very forum are literally texting family members to make sure they are okay and checking to make sure their bags are packed?

Sometimes it is best to keep certain thoughts to oneself. It's a good life skill.

Reactions: Dattier
Mar 5, 2013
Thought you were talking about the University of Cal-Berkeley's basketball team which is also a dumpster fire this year....prayers to those effected by this disaster.

LetsGoDuke301

Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Team
Duke
My heart goes out to anyone who has lost loved ones or their homes to this horrible tragedy. Losing your home and all of the memories that go with it is a horrible thing to go through. So saying you don't want to see people get hurt doesn't save you from being a POS by wishing their homes and businesses get burned to the ground. That is literally wanting to see them get hurt.

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Literally JUST got this text from a buddy, when I asked if they were still in the clear.

“For now. It’s some scary shit. We have friends who have evacuated. Hopefully we won’t have to. “

It’s crazy how this one is just smack dab in the middle of LA.

anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Feb 15, 2014
Richmond, California
Team
Louisville
I live in Northern California, but i have some friends down in Southern California, in Santa Monica upward to Ventura and Santa Barbara. The area is devastated. For a mouth breather UK fan to wish an American state burn to the ground, says a lot about character. How patriotic of you.

Reactions: ioliva and Dattier

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke
I live in Northern California, but i have some friends down in Southern California, in Santa Monica upward to Ventura and Santa Barbara. The area is devastated. For a mouth breather UK fan to wish an American state burn to the ground, says a lot about character. How patriotic of you.
Do you live near Charming, CA?

oldsports_

Dec 18, 2010
Do the idiots who set, or cause these fires go to prison for life? A majority of Ca. fires are caused by humans, this fire is still under investigation

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke
Lol, i had to look that up. Sons of Anarchy.

I live in East Bay, a little north of Berkeley.
I know they've banned free speech in Berkeley but has that spread to your town?

I miss sons of anarchy btw, I feel like there's nothing worth watching on TV anymore. Hoping the Mayans spin off is good when it comes out.

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012
2 places I lived burned to the ground in Ventura. An apartment where I brought home my son is gone. So many friends are battling for their homes. It's completely tragic.

I have a bro in law who lives in Texas, made a comment similar to kynumbnuts about California fired and people there deserve it. Dude hurricanes hit Texas all the time. A giant one just decimated the largest city there. No one deserves that.

anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Feb 15, 2014
Richmond, California
Team
Louisville
I know they've banned free speech in Berkeley but has that spread to your town?

I miss sons of anarchy btw, I feel like there's nothing worth watching on TV anymore. Hoping the Mayans spin off is good when it comes out.
They didn't ban anything, just Steve Bannons and Milo's clown asses. It was hilarious. I live in Richmond, as far as i can tell my speech is free, it may be collecting interest though.

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke
They didn't ban anything, just Steve Bannons and Milo's clown asses. It was hilarious. I live in Richmond, as far as i can tell my speech is free, it may be collecting interest though.
I thought they pulled the same crap on Ben Shapiro. Not trying to take this off topic so I'll leave it alone but these kids on college campuses... disagreeing with someone's opinion is fine but rioting because they may something you don't agree with is ridiculous.

anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Feb 15, 2014
Richmond, California
Team
Louisville
I thought they pulled the same crap on Ben Shapiro. Not trying to take this off topic so I'll leave it alone but these kids on college campuses... disagreeing with someone's opinion is fine but rioting because they may something you don't agree with is ridiculous.
They knew what they were getting themselves into as soon as they stepped into Berkeley. Same thing could be said for someone super left wing giving a speech in buttfvck Georgia or Kentucky. It's just the way she goes.

anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Feb 15, 2014
Richmond, California
Team
Louisville
Shapiro was invited back to campus, and there were no injuries or lack of free speech. However, there were protesters but just a few arrests. Nothing like the Milo situation.

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012
Shapiro was invited back to campus, and there were no injuries or lack of free speech. However, there were protesters but just a few arrests. Nothing like the Milo situation.
The words weren't banned from Berkeley, the people (ie Milo) were. Inciting a riot is illegal.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke
The words weren't banned from Berkeley, the people (ie Milo) were. Inciting a riot is illegal.
Milo is a douche bag but I thought he was invited to speak by a conservative group or something. If he was outside with a megaphone saying things just to get a rise out of people I get it but if he is in an auditorium and was invited to speak and attendance is optional.... that shouldn't be inciting a riot.

I like Shapiro, I don't agree with everything he says but he is at least willing to have a discussion with people that disagree with him and he doesn't just try to **** with people like Milo's weird ass.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Feb 15, 2014
Richmond, California
Team
Louisville
Milo is a douche bag but I thought he was invited to speak by a conservative group or something. If he was outside with a megaphone saying things just to get a rise out of people I get it but if he is in an auditorium and was invited to speak and attendance is optional.... that shouldn't be inciting a riot.

I like Shapiro, I don't agree with everything he says but he is at least willing to have a discussion with people that disagree with him and he doesn't just try to **** with people like Milo's weird ass.
I have no problem with Shapiro. I don't agree on a lot of things with him, but I don't have any disdain for him.

Reactions: tw3301

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
Do the idiots who set, or cause these fires go to prison for life? A majority of Ca. fires are caused by humans, this fire is still under investigation
Not usually. The kids who set the fire that ravaged Gatlinburg which killed a bunch of people and destroyed tons of property were charged but the charges were dropped. They started it on purpose but they determined they couldn't be held accountable because the fire shouldn't have reached as far as it did and they couldn't prove criminal responsibility beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Kiimohawk

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2008
Studio City, CA
Team
Kansas
Thank god the air quality was better today but the only reason is the Santa Annas blew all the smoke out to sea.

Ojai is doomed.