ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas is still the best.

Jay Bilas trying hard to be funny from a picture he found on the internet..Isn't that cute.

I love Walton. Anyone who hates him has to live a miserable life that i want nothing apart of.
I love him as well. I don't even watch the game. I'm afraid that I'll miss something he says....

I'd be a GD disaster on air stoned. Literally dead air with nacho crunching mixed in with uncontrollable cursing on run of the mill plays that i find terrible.
pretty sure i would sound like these two guys as i did the commentary in my head....of course i would think i was talking out loud

Absolutely agree!!! Walton is hilarious. The ultimate “color commentator.”
He is hilarious if you don’t want to watch a basketball game. He is a gimmick announcer. I like the guy and all, just not calling a game I want to watch.

Reactions: ndesgeorges
Bilas is overrated. Lost all credibility in my book with his, “Aw shucks, everybody does it” shtick with the pay for players, “AND FOOTBALL...” Clearly he doesn’t want his beloved Duke thrown into the mud w/ the rest of them. I can only hope the hammer comes down - I know it’s wishful thinking

Reactions: Big ol arms
Bilas is overrated. Lost all credibility in my book with his, “Aw shucks, everybody does it” shtick with the pay for players, “AND FOOTBALL...” Clearly he doesn’t want his beloved Duke thrown into the mud w/ the rest of them. I can only hope the hammer comes down - I know it’s wishful thinking
Bilas turned into an ACC homer just like Kellog is a Big 10 homer. The rest of the country don’t want to hear it. Bilas use to be really good. But the last 3 years, he has become insurfurable. He is actually worse than Vitale now

I've always thought he comes off as impartial as any. And with better analysis than most. Plus he occasionally slips in some solid dry humor.

the more I listen to Walton the more I like him. The more I listen to Bilas the more I dislike him.

Reactions: catman111
Jay Bilas was awful calling the North Carolina - Miami game last night (yesterday?).

I'm pretty sure I disagreed with 90% of his
"that's not a foul!"
"that's a foul!" calls

I ususally love Bilas, but he was so incredibly wrong yesterday, it was hard to listen to.

I'd love for him to put on the pinstripes and have the zebras he was bashing do his in-game commentary.

I like them both, but for serious BB talk I'll take Bilas any day. I wonder if any of those who can't get enough of Walton watch a bunch of P12 games? Take my word for it, it does get old. I mean he has this P12 side kick, "Dave" somebody, who he constantly disagrees with, humiliates and belittles. He carries on with all his "conference of champions" bs nobody believes....It gets old. He's entertaining is small doses, like Vitale, but week in, week out, let me watch the game.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Nah, he called Sean Miller a crook despite knowing full good and well what goes on in top level college sports...including his compatriot, Jay Williams, full on admitting being a part of it as an agent and being offered $ while being recruited. Yet he still acted appalled.

Fvcking spare me. What a tool.

I like them both, but for serious BB talk I'll take Bilas any day. I wonder if any of those who can't get enough of Walton watch a bunch of P12 games? Take my word for it, it does get old. I mean he has this P12 side kick, "Dave" somebody, who he constantly disagrees with, humiliates and belittles. He carries on with all his "conference of champions" bs nobody believes....It gets old. He's entertaining is small doses, like Vitale, but week in, week out, let me watch the game.

Exactly.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I wish he'd explain how paying college players is going to work. He's said for years they should be paid, but is light on the details. I still think he's one of the best, though.

ADVERTISEMENT