ADVERTISEMENT

January 2nd B1G Game Thread

hey your team losing streak to Iowa had to end sometime, now it = the FB team Iowa has won 5 out of the 6 and now the BB has won 5 out of the last 6 against the great Michigan teams

Michigan hasn’t been great in either sport in awhile. Congrats on beating their down teams.

Michigan hasn’t been great in either sport in awhile. Congrats on beating their down teams.
oh you mean like when Michigan was rated 3rd when Iowa beat them and you mean a team that gets top 10 recruiting classes on a regular basis vs Iowa who had 3 straight recruiting classes in the 50's followed by a pair of classes rated in the 40's

if that being down it will be interesting when they are up. Laughing

Michigan is 9-8 in their last 17 in football. That’s pathetic. Congrats though.

Can’t wait to whoop Iowa’s ass on the 23rd.

How many losses does IU have now ?? Feels like 31
8-7. Not worried. Transitional year. Cannot wait for Johnson and Newkirk to go. More so Johnson. He just plays with absolute zero desire. Goes thorugh the motions.

Reactions: KisteK
I don't think we could win at Wisconsin with LBJ and Curry.

Seriously though....Sans the first 10 minutes or so, we were just awful. No desire. No heart. These seniors(Newkirk and Johnson) are killing us. Next game will be uuuuuuuuuugly.

With the effort tonight, I'd start Smith, McRoberts, Hartman and two other walk-on's.

Nickens & Wiley need to step up!
Just back from game. Wiley is tough to watch out there. Seems barely able to get up and down the court and extremely lethargic.
Nickens actually didn’t play awful and contributed on the boards.
It was a big win for the Terps because everyone from here on out is going to be a grind. Not sure they can find 10wins with out Jackson and Bender. There will be several games ahead that Bruno will struggle with fouls in all liklihood.
Thursday may get fugly.

Reactions: bMORE607
8-7. Not worried. Transitional year. Cannot wait for Johnson and Newkirk to go. More so Johnson. He just plays with absolute zero desire. Goes thorugh the motions.

and who will they replaced with?? I think next year is also going to be a transitional year for you guys. I just have this feeling Langford will go to Vandy or Kansas where he can win next year.

and who will they replaced with?? I think next year is also going to be a transitional year for you guys. I just have this feeling Langford will go to Vandy or Kansas where he can win next year.
Langford may or may not come to IU. But even if he doesn't, IU still has a strong class, and a solid nucleus returning, i.e. Morgan, Durham, Green, Davis and Smith.

As for who replaces Newkirk and Johnson? Probably Durham at the point. Not to mention incoming 4* PG in Robert Phinese. Very good player. Green probably replaces Johnson. And again, not to mention 6"6" 4* SG/SF Damezi Anderson. Very good shooter. Also have Top 50 Jerome Hunter(6'7") coming in. AS well as another 4* in Race Thompson.

SO next year, we SHOULD have:

Juwan Morgan(Sr.), De'Ron Davis(Jr), Devonte Green(Jr), Durham(So.)....all who have started this year. Justin Smith(4*) is going to be a really nice player. He'll be a sophomore. Throw in a Top 15'ish class, and we will be just fine. Toss in Romeo and we suddenly become really, really good.

I don't think next year will be anything close to this year. IMO, we will be much, much better. Roles will be more defined. Players this year will have a year of Millers system under their belts.

IMO, I think we will be pretty good next year. With ROmeo, we will be very good.

As for Romeo....He may go to KU or Vandy. But to say he may go to Vandy "where he can win next year" is kinda of out there. I understand they have Garland and Shitu(sp?). But that doesn't mean they'll win. Kansas, sure. But VU? Meh....not so sure.

Or he could come to IU with what they have returning, and what they have coming in and realize---"I will start from Day 1. Be idolized...Offense will be built around me; That won;t be the case at KU or VU.

In other words, the reasons to go to IU are just as reasonable as they are for him to go to KU or VU.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
please a moment of prayer as Iowa is on life support this season.

JTFC, Michigan is 9-8 in their last 17 games. Not talking games only against Iowa. Just their last 17. If that's not down I don't know what is.
you talk about 9-8 in there 17 games covers less than 2 seasons. I am talking about 6 seasons and Iowa did not play Michigan in 2017.
2009 Iowa 30 Michigan 28
2010 Iowa 38 Michigan 28
2011 Iowa 24 Michigan 24-16 the year Michigan went 11-2 and won the Sugar Bowl.
2012 Michigan 42 Iowa 17 the year Iowa went 4-12
2013 Iowa 24 Michigan 21
2014 DNP
2015 DNP Iowa went 12-2
2016 Iowa 14 #3 Michigan 13 Michigan went 10-3 also Michigan started out 9-0 before they lost to Iowa
2017 DNP

so don't spew your crap about the last 17 games,
Iowa in both sports is 10-2 in their last 12 meetings with Michigan. so stop with these false excuses.

JTFC, Michigan is 9-8 in their last 17 games. Not talking games only against Iowa. Just their last 17. If that's not down I don't know what is.
that is not down having multiple losing seasons is being down, Illinois is being down, Rutgers is being down, Maryland is being down.

Langford might not be too happy with his final 3, all 3 playing pretty shitty.

Iowa is down.
we were talking about FB not BB. as for this year never counted on injuries nor did I expect Iowa to have 2 new starters in this years lineup as they returned 5 players that started last season.

but injuries occur and how you survive them is the most important element.

Langford might not be too happy with his final 3, all 3 playing pretty shitty.
I like it. Some were harping on our guard play as being a deterrent for him to come to IU. I would say that it proves we have a huge need for solid guards. We've got good big men and wings, just need more guards.

I think the way the final three teams are playing helps level things out a bit. I like it.

Reactions: KisteK and Da_Bull

So if being 'down' is the norm for Michigan, then isn't beating 'down' Michigan teams just BAU?

So you literally just made the point UM is an average program in both sports that has random good years but aren't consistently good? (it's not a point, it's pretty much reality)

Gil was puffing his chest on Iowa's recent records vs Michigan. I'm saying those aren't vintage or good Michigan teams. I.E. congrats on beating average Michigan teams. Everyone is doing it lately.

not much a team any team can do when a team shoots out of their ass 64.3% from the field then 8-11 from 3, Michigan has missed their last 4 3 point shots.

the biggest BS call was the charge on Moss when the Michigan player was still moving trying to get in front of Moss.

Iowa 3-10 from 3 and only down by 12.

The guy can be moving and still take a charge if he has position and the defender charges into him.

I like it. Some were harping on our guard play as being a deterrent for him to come to IU. I would say that it proves we have a huge need for solid guards. We've got good big men and wings, just need more guards.

I think the way the final three teams are playing helps level things out a bit. I like it.

I agree. Close to home. He'll obviously have the ball in his hands. Big stage.

Reactions: SNU0821
The guy can be moving and still take a charge if he has position and the defender charges into him.
the thing he never had position as they were both going the same direction until the Michigan player tried to step in front of the Iowa player. plus they made contact inside the arc, that is a block pure and simple and yet the call went against the Hawks, so instead of Moss shooting FT's the Michigan player shot FT's for a 4 point swing on one possession.

Gil was puffing his chest on Iowa's recent records vs Michigan. I'm saying those aren't vintage or good Michigan teams. I.E. congrats on beating average Michigan teams. Everyone is doing it lately.
6-8 years Bull Sh*t stop making up these lies.

What lies do you speak of? You’ve beaten mediocre Michigan teams in both sports.

I thought Iowa was going to go undefeated at Carver-Hawkeye?
my prediction came before all the injuries. the loss to Michigan came from a pair of bench player one avg'ing 3 points per game who scored 13 points
one avg'ing 4'5 ppg who scored 15 points both career highs
Michigan went 8-11 from 3 then they went 3-14 the rest of the game, Iowa was in a hole that they could not get out of.

PSU went 12-23 from 3 and won just by 4,

guess what they haven't come close to duplicating that again plus it snapped a losing streak in Carver that dated back to 2001, every losing streak comes to a end.

Indiana game saw Iowa shoot 7 FT's in the 1st half and just 2 FT's in the 2nd half. Indiana has not even come close to duplicating that amazing feat of not fouling,

in the ISU game Iowa shot just 6 FT's in the 1st half and just 2 FT's in the 2nd half same thing with them they have not come close to duplicating that feat again and they won 84-78 as they went 15-20.

you know I would like to coach teams that can only allow 2 FT attempts in 20 minutes. that's phenominal not even NBA Players can do that.

What lies do you speak of? You’ve beaten mediocre Michigan teams in both sports.
Michigan is not mediocre but Harblow is, not when the get recruiting classes in the top 5/10.

kiss my Arse if that's mediocre and I thought that Bielien is supposed to be a far superior coach to Fran or are you now saying that Fran and KF are both far superior coaches to anything Michigan has?

What does any of that have to do with Michigan being mediocre?

I don’t give a shit about recruiting class rankings. UW’s are always in the 40’s neighborhood but that hasn’t stopped us from anything.

ADVERTISEMENT