ADVERTISEMENT

Jalek Felton siap

It’s an honor code violation so not sure how they can take legal action against UNC. Seems like it’s his obligation to clear his name but the attorney isn’t indicating what he needs to be cleared of. Rumors are pretty messed up and paint Felton as a POS. Considering he has been silent with no public attempts to clear his name, that falls on him. Lawyer is doing her job but I don’t see how UNC can stand with or against him considering no case has been made one way or the other.

All of this is very reminiscent of the Rasheed Sulaimon dismissal at Duke. A lot of speculation, a lot of public casting of blame on both sides, and no real insights into what actually happened in the end. Only difference to me, if I recall correctly, is that Sulaimon and his family never went after Duke like Felton is currently doing with UNC.

All of this is very reminiscent of the Rasheed Sulaimon dismissal at Duke. A lot of speculation, a lot of public casting of blame on both sides, and no real insights into what actually happened in the end. Only difference to me, if I recall correctly, is that Sulaimon and his family never went after Duke like Felton is currently doing with UNC.

Is it possible they aren’t going to go after UNC but just posturing for perception? Not sure if one would hire a lawyer just for that or not.

With Sulaimon there was a case, similar to a FB Allen Artis that was cleared. Felton has been very quite, as has his attorney until yesterday. I can’t say I blame the university for not publicly taken either side.

Is it possible they aren’t going to go after UNC but just posturing for perception? Not sure if one would hire a lawyer just for that or not.
I imagine positive public perception is exactly what Felton needs at this point, given the rumors swirling. I feel like that is especially true given how "toxic" he might appear to other schools, if he is contemplating enrolling somewhere else, much less professional basketball teams. With the present state of things culturally in this country in light of the #metoo movement, I imagine any professional team in this country wouldn't see the benefit in signing a kid with those kinds of rumors swirling, not to mention the amount of development he apparently needs from what UNC fans seem to indicate.
Felton has been very quite, as has his attorney until yesterday. I can’t say I blame the university for not publicly taken either side.
Felton could elaborate on this publicly if he wanted to. FERPA isn't stopping him from talking about himself. Obviously if this is a sexual assault or domestic violence thing, then he couldn't disclose the hypothetical alleged victim, but he could still say he had been wrongfully accused. UNC's hands are certainly tied in terms of saying exactly what happened, which I think will just hurt UNC, fair or not. At the risk of speculating further, I just don't see how it would get to this level if this was him simply cheating on a test.

Personally I would think if it were academic in nature we would know exactly what he was accused of. Which I don’t think it’s academics.

Felton's attorney is definitely playing the cards she got dealt when Felton retained her. Makes sense that her strategy is (1) muddy the waters at the outset, (2) point fingers at UNC, and (3) paint a picture of an innocent young man disowned by an institution he was loyal to in their time of need. If his innocence was so certain, they would be taking a far different public stance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...asts-mike-krzyzewski-over-sons-dismissal/amp/

I believe his mom had plenty to say.

I stand corrected.
The universities have their hands tied in these situations. They have to respect the privacy of the students, while being blamed for mistakes that others made.
I’m huge Jalek fan & huge UNC fan. I also have a 16 year old daughter. If the rumors are true & I’m not saying they are but if they’re true, then I’m glad his ass is gone.
I also have a 13 year old son & if something like this happened to him & he was completely innocent, I’d be on every news station defending him.

Reactions: jakeallen32
The universities have their hands tied in these situations. They have to respect the privacy of the students, while being blamed for mistakes that others made.
I’m huge Jalek fan & huge UNC fan. I also have a 16 year old daughter. If the rumors are true & I’m not saying they are but if they’re true, then I’m glad his ass is gone.
I also have a 13 year old son & if something like this happened to him & he was completely innocent, I’d be on every news station defending him.
Hell must have frozen over, because I agree with everything you just said.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
He does but what can you say about someone who gets banned at THR, masquerades as a UNC fan, gets caught and banned again. Laughing

I can’t help myself, you guys are funny as shit and crack me up! Never know, I may still be over there posting so you better watch out!Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT