ADVERTISEMENT

Jalek Felton siap

That will hurt their APR.
tenor.gif

We still don't know what actually happened but rumors haven't been cheating on a test.

Oh, some of them have I've heard at least 9 different things, lol. I don't think anyone actually knows though.

Reactions: tw3301
Yeah, I continue to be disappointed at the level of academic humor regarding UNC on this board. There are better shots taken on other boards by our own fans in self-deprecating humor. The haters need to step their game up or stop.

Yeah, I continue to be disappointed at the level of academic humor regarding UNC on this board. There are better shots taken on other boards by our own fans in self-deprecating humor. The haters need to step their game up or stop.

You see, I think that's actually an interesting psychological phenomenon. The UNC scandal humor DOES tend to be less clever than some topics of humor... but I think that is partially due to people really being genuinely disgusted by the whole thing, partially that people are not truly wanting to be funny but more just wanting to take a shot, and partially because people are just so tired of it, and made tired BY it, that they almost refuse to put the energy in to be funny.

That make sense?

Also partially that sometimes people just aren't funny.

Reactions: Scotty00
You see, I think that's actually an interesting psychological phenomenon. The UNC scandal humor DOES tend to be less clever than some topics of humor... but I think that is partially due to people really being genuinely disgusted by the whole thing, people partially not really wanting to be funny but more just wanting to take a shot, and partially because people are just tired of it, and made tired BY it, that they almost refuse to put the energy in to be funny.

That make sense?

Also partially that sometimes people just aren't funny.

I don't think anyone that actually understands it is disgusted by it. I just don't think people are very smart.

I don't think anyone that actually understands it is disgusted by it. I just don't think people are very smart.

First, that's not true. Even if you believe it was just some rogue professor and rogue secretary doing it for some non-sports related, surely you'd be disgusted by it... nobody is okay with classes at one of our top universities where people are getting paid and very little education goes on. I'd assume that, as a UNC grad, you certainly are not. I mean... look at how many people got fired for what UNC felt happened. I wouldn't say even UNC was okay with it. And for the vast majority of the world, whose understanding of it is rather different... well, the cause for disgust is obvious.

Second, even if someone isn't smart or isn't informed, they can still be disgusted enough to not give something their jovial all.

Third, being smart has nothing to do with it. Lots of people I know are smart. They are all disgusted by the whole thing.

I think your closeness to the situation has gotten in the way of you being able to look at it in a balanced manner, and your stance on what happened has influenced what you consider funny, smart, and understanding.

Oh, and yes, lots of people aren't very smart. Won't get me disagreeing there. And I agree that, after all these years, a lot of the UNC scandal "jokes" are lazy and boring.

Last edited:
This the legacy UNC administrators has left you fans. May as well get use to it. It will never go away.

I have no real issues with people taking shots. Just want the bar raised on quality.

Also, never did see the movie about the teachers with Cube in it. Is is worth it?

I have no real issues with people taking shots. Just want the bar raised on quality.

Also, never did see the movie about the teachers with Cube in it. Is is worth it?
Not really.

It has a couple parts that make you laugh. I thought Ice Cube tried too hard to re-use one liners from Friday myself. I think most comedies try too hard nowadays though.

Yeah, comedies are largely disappointments outside of a few parts here and there.

There are certain sitcoms I think are funny but movies usually fall short. We have been watching this show 'Divorce' on HBO that I think is really humorous, one of the better ones to come out in a while.

This the legacy UNC administrators has left you fans. May as well get use to it. It will never go away.

No I’m good. You try to make a smart ass comment and that one sucked. Step your game up because I wanna good laugh every now and then. SmokinSmile

It’s so cute when the UNC fans try an act like all the jokes and shots at UNC doesn’t bother them. They go straight into the “You’re Obsessed” or “that joke was week” routine.Laughing You can tell it gets to them!

Reactions: KyFaninNC

No idea. Not seen it either.

No I’m good. You try to make a smart ass comment and that one sucked. Step your game up because I wanna good laugh every now and then. SmokinSmile
Just the opposite. I was being serious. Too many clowns out of work for me to be funny

Damn, Felton's attorney is going all scorched earth with her comments:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article202919699.html

“We have a problem with how he has been treated,” Sutton said. “And this is far from over. He had UNC’s back when they were up against the wall with the NCAA. He was the only five-star recruit that would even talk to them. UNC in a heartbeat turned their back on him."

Yeah, she is doing some good lawyering I suppose, knowing that UNC can't say anything. I have a hard time thinking UNC would not allow him back on campus if it was something he would want public. Who knows though.

Not a good look for anyone involved, especially considering nobody knows what the hell is going on. I wonder how Raymond feels about this?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
It's a bad look for Felton. I figured people would think UNC was doing the right thing so I'm not sure how it is really a bad look for them.

It's a bad look for Felton. I figured people would think UNC was doing the right thing so I'm not sure how it is really a bad look for them.
Because nobody outside of the university and Felton's team knows what's actually going on, and his lawyer is taking a flamethrower to UNC in the press and saying they turned their back on him. This isn't rocket science. Not to mention, I find it ironic that anyone would assume that people would simply "think UNC was doing the right thing" in light of what transpired with their NCAA investigation. I appreciate the fact that these may be completely separate issues, but public perception is never that understanding.Winking

Last edited:
Cory and Mark, I think you are both right and both wrong. It just depends what side of the fence you’re on. It’s the kind of world we’ve created today. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Or simply put, the Heels were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Because nobody outside of the university and Felton's team knows what's actually going on, and his lawyer is taking a flamethrower to UNC in the press and saying they turned their back on him. This isn't rocket science. Not to mention, I find it ironic that anyone would assume that people would simply "think UNC was doing the right thing" in light of what transpired with their NCAA investigation. I appreciate the fact that these may be completely separate issues, but public perception is never that understanding.Winking

Yeah, I hear you. I would just assume most realize UNC can't say anything and would not want to kick a student out, especially a star basketball player they really need next year, and not allow him back unless they were taking the appropriate measures though. However, no doubt the public is often all screwed up perception wise. We have definitely dealt with that for a little bit.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Mark, as a lawyer if she feels her client does have a case why can she not say more about the situation? If it isn't a criminal matter then how would stating the facts hurt her client? It couldn't be held against him, correct?

Mark, as a lawyer if she feels her client does have a case why can she not say more about the situation? If it isn't a criminal matter then how would stating the facts hurt her client? It couldn't be held against him, correct?
I would imagine she's taking advantage of UNC's silence, which UNC can't really get around because of FERPA, to build public support for Felton's case, whatever that might be. I would bet they're laying the groundwork for some sort of lawsuit stemming from an alleged due process violation, with the ultimate goal of getting an easy settlement in order to avoid actually having to litigate this. Pretty sure UNC would also rather settle any forthcoming lawsuit rather than have any more of this aired out in public.

I would imagine she's taking advantage of UNC's silence, which UNC can't really get around because of FERPA, to build public support for Felton's case, whatever that might be. I would bet they're laying the groundwork for some sort of lawsuit stemming from an alleged due process violation, with the ultimate goal of getting an easy settlement in order to avoid actually having to litigate this. Pretty sure UNC would also rather settle any forthcoming lawsuit rather than have any more of this aired out in public.

Yeah, probably so. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT