ADVERTISEMENT

IYO, What Makes UK Fans So Obnoxious to Outside Fans?

Funny thing is, the exact opposite is true in this case. Dukedevilz is just putting together an unbiased ranking (at someone else's request, I think), using a widely accepted starting point.

You, meanwhile, want to change the timeframe because you don't like the result. Trying to put your program at a level it doesn't deserve in this conversation.
Wrong... Not hamstringing things with a timeframe is what I want. Not trying to change it. Don't want one in the first place, comprende'?

"using a widely accepted starting point."..... widely accepted by fans of programs with limited history/accomplishments.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Wrong... Not hamstringing things with a timeframe is what I want. Not trying to change it. Don't want one in the first place, comprende'?

"using a widely accepted starting point."..... widely accepted by fans of programs with limited history/accomplishments.
It's only fans with limited history who distinguish between the modern era and peach basket era? Interesting.

If those are the only fans who cite specific timeframes, how do you explain all the "UK is #1 in ____ since Cal was hired" posts that used to be so common?

Oops.

It's only fans with limited history who distinguish between the modern era and peach basket era? Interesting.

If those are the only fans who cite specific timeframes, how do you explain all the "UK is #1 in ____ since Cal was hired" posts that used to be so common?

Oops.

If the argument was about Cal at UK, by definition, you can only talk about the Cal era at UK. Duh.

That's not what this thread is about, clown.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan

You know you can ignore the output, right?

You know you can ignore the output, right?
That’s kind of the point of this thread. Some of them simply can’t ignore topics that aren‘t UK related, without making them UK related. You would be dumbfounded, and very confused, at how often UK fans show up at UofL games or events (completely unrelated to UK) dressed head to toe in UK gear. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I don’t have an opinion of UK fans. The fact that a thread was created by a UK fan asking why everybody hates them, might be an indication of the answer, though.

Some ‘the world revolves around us’ type stuff, probably.

If the argument was about Cal at UK, by definition, you can only talk about the Cal era at UK. Duh.

That's not what this thread is about, clown.
Yeah...I'm not talking about a Rupp Rafters thread about Cal. I'm talking about when it's randomly interjected into a conversation here. Until the last year or two, UK fans loved to point out Kentucky's win % and other numbers in the Calipari era.

Bottom line: your claim is backwards. No one is making a modern era ranking to hide anything. You're the one who wants to hide the fact that Kentucky hasn't been da bestest in the modern era.

Yeah...I'm not talking about a Rupp Rafters thread about Cal. I'm talking about when it's randomly interjected into a conversation here. Until the last year or two, UK fans loved to point out Kentucky's win % and other numbers in the Calipari era.

Bottom line: your claim is backwards. No one is making a modern era ranking to hide anything. You're the one who wants to hide the fact that Kentucky hasn't been da bestest in the modern era.
And Kansas, UNC, Indiana et.al. are not either.

It was as hard to win the NCAA in 1952 as it is today.

In fact it was a lot harder because you had to win your damned conference to even get into the NCAA.

GEEZE.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

....and the addition by subtraction efforts continue.

I don’t have an opinion of UK fans. The fact that a thread was created by a UK fan asking why everybody hates them, might be an indication of the answer, though.

Some ‘the world revolves around us’ type stuff, probably.
Like far left Democrats? JFK
Sorry I had to do it because it's you, and it is in fun. 😎

In fact it was a lot harder because you had to win your damned conference to even get into the NCAA.

GEEZE.
You also were automatically in the Sweet Sixteen in 1952 so I don't think "a lot harder" is the right term there.

Would you also be offended if I also compiled a database that included the greatest programs of the past 10 years?

GEEZE.
Needing half as many wins (in an era with much less parity), and facing a field that didn't include a lot of the top teams in the nation was a lot harder?

I know that KU is not the top program of the modern era. They'll fall in at #3 behind Duke and UNC. Unlike some, it doesn't rustle my jimmies to admit that.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Haha what's irrelevant? What are you even try to say?

Kentucky is the greatest program of all-time. That is pretty clear. But, when does the modern era begin? I don't know exactly, that part is obviously subjective. So, I'm just using the poll data to reach a consensus.
The modern era, for me, began in 1960. My birth. Seems simple to me.

I personally have no problem with any poster being loud and proud about their program. Despite some poster’s biases, most every program who have posters here have some legitimate accomplishments of which they can and should take pride in. The issue I have with the “obnoxious” UK fans is that they can’t/won’t allow any other program to have their moment in the sun without crapping on whatever accomplishment is the current topic of discussion. Some just can’t scroll on by, or Gawd forbid say “good game” or whatever the accomplishment may be. They HAVE to show their insecurities with a “yeah but, Kentucky….”. As a UofL fan/poster, and being UK’s most hated rival, we simply can’t ever have a positive UofL discussion on this board without it being over run with negative “obnoxious” UK poster comments. And the simple fact is, they have the overwhelming majority on this board, so if you are going to post here, you just have to put up with a lot of shit from those “obnoxious” UK posters. Being somewhat of a proud person and proud fan myself, it mostly makes posting on this board, or even reading it for that matter, often intolerable. Bottom line, there is a difference in being a proud fan of your program and an a-hole towards other programs.

Disclaimer: there are plenty of good UK posters here who are also good people, but they voices are drowned out by the obnoxious ones.

Props to RandomUKfan for posting this topic. It’s allowed the obnoxious posters to post examples of their obnoxious attitudes.
UK had nothing to do with the problems YOU people created for yourselves. Quit handing us hand grenades.

UK had nothing to do with the problems YOU people created for yourselves. Quit handing us hand grenades.
Here’s the thing, EVERY program has some dark sides, some scandal. But not every fan base brings it up EVERY time another program is mentioned. It goes like this: “Hey, we got a new coach; we think he might be good”. UK poster: “Yeah, but does he have his own table/bed at Porcini’s?” Or “Hey, that Hailey Van Lith is a heck of a player”. UK poster: “Yeah, but does she squirt to the ceiling?” Or “We believe UofL is a Top Ten All-Time basketball program”. UK poster: “Not with all the vacated wins you aren’t. The point here is two fold, some UK posters here just can’t seem to tolerate any other program to shine without inserting “yeah, but UK is better”. And, some UK posters can’t seem to tolerate or allow anything UofL related to be discussed without interjecting some unrelated, completely un-instigated shit talk. It’s really obvious some of you just revel in being a-hole posters under the guise of being proud fans,

Here’s the thing, EVERY program has some dark sides, some scandal. But not every fan base brings it up EVERY time another program is mentioned. It goes like this: “Hey, we got a new coach; we think he might be good”. UK poster: “Yeah, but does he have his own table/bed at Porcini’s?” Or “Hey, that Hailey Van Lith is a heck of a player”. UK poster: “Yeah, but does she squirt to the ceiling?” Or “We believe UofL is a Top Ten All-Time basketball program”. UK poster: “Not with all the vacated wins you aren’t. The point here is two fold, some UK posters here just can’t seem to tolerate any other program to shine without inserting “yeah, but UK is better”. And, some UK posters can’t seem to tolerate or allow anything UofL related to be discussed without interjecting some unrelated, completely un-instigated shit talk. It’s really obvious some of you just revel in being a-hole posters under the guise of being proud fans,
Look at the Yum scout forum and you'll find examples of everything you just listed...but from your fanbase.

Look at the Yum scout forum and you'll find examples of everything you just listed...but from your fanbase.
Not really familiar with Yum Scout, but judging from the name it’s a UofL home board…like Rupp’s Rafters. You’re on a national board shit posting like most do on their home board. I’m confident you truly do know the difference.

Suck it losers. No one cares about you.

FZ1guckXkAEgfrE

Quote from an article about him...
"Then came, perhaps, the most fitting question from Auburn’s head coach as he let out a laugh: “Is K.D. [Johnson] not bat-shit crazy?”

Auburn’s mercurial two-guard has quickly become a fan favorite on the Plains for his tenacity and seemingly infinite motor on the court. There has yet to be a game this season in which Johnson hasn’t let out a fiery roar or dramatic, celebratory twitch, or even an emphatic gesture toward the opponent’s bench after draining a big shot near the sideline.

“BP just lets me be me,” Johnson said. “All the energy I bring and the craziness I bring out there that you see, he just lets me be me.”
"
Here is a photo album of him, he really likes to celebrate.

Not really familiar with Yum Scout, but judging from the name it’s a UofL home board…like Rupp’s Rafters. You’re on a national board shit posting like most do on their home board. I’m confident you truly do know the difference.
If you're looking for 'nice' posting here (especially as you're a U6 fan), you're in the wrong place.

Reactions: treyforuk
If you're looking for 'nice' posting here (especially as you're a U6 fan), you're in the wrong place.
Maybe not “nice”, but maybe SOME semblance of being a decent human being or good sport with some ability to interact without being a complete ass 100% of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT