ADVERTISEMENT

IU is the most overrated basketball program

Indiana had some of the best teams college basketball has ever seen under Bobby Knight in the 70's and 80's

I wouldn't say they are on the Top Line.

Started really paying attention to CBB in 72 or 73.
For the most part UNC has been the most consistent program in my life
Then comes Kentucky and Duke.

I would put Indiana with Louisville in my life.

Indiana had some of the best teams college basketball has ever seen under Bobby Knight in the 70's and 80's

I wouldn't say they are on the Top Line.

Started really paying attention to CBB in 72 or 73.
For the most part UNC has been the most consistent program in my life
Then comes Kentucky and Duke.

I would put Indiana with Louisville in my life.

How old are you

I have ALWAYS considered IU and Louisville as roughly equal “6 and 7” all-time teams, and I legitimately have no idea why that is controversial to anyone, lol. Call them “Blue Bloods,” don’t call them that, doesn’t matter ... but it seems pretty obvious to me that the all-time top seven goes like this:

1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Kansas
4. Duke

5. UCLA

6. Indiana
7. Louisville

Obviously, in the last twenty years or so, IU has been nothing close to that, and if that continues into another decade, the people who consider them elite all-time will fade away.

Reactions: KUhawks34
I have ALWAYS considered IU and Louisville as roughly equal “6 and 7” all-time teams, and I legitimately have no idea why that is controversial to anyone, lol. Call them “Blue Bloods,” don’t call them that, doesn’t matter ... but it seems pretty obvious to me that the all-time top seven goes like this:

1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Kansas
4. Duke

5. UCLA

6. Indiana
7. Louisville

Obviously, in the last twenty years or so, IU has been nothing close to that, and if that continues into another decade, the people who consider them elite all-time will fade away.
This is the accurate post.

1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Kansas
4. Duke

5. UCLA

6. Indiana
7. Louisville
Up

Kansas. RollLaugh

1. Kentucky
2. North Carolina
3. Kansas
4. Duke

5. UCLA

6. Indiana
7. Louisville

Nobody, and I mean nobody....refers to l’ville as a blue blood.

Nobody, and I mean nobody....refers to l’ville as a blue blood.

A lot of it matters how old you are. Unless of course you take the time and research the history of CBB.
In my lifetime Louisville has been up there. Like I said I started paying attention to college basketball around 72 and 73. Really only thing that was known then was the Tournament.
Louisville since then has been a large part of the NCAA Tournament.

BlueBlood is relative to who is speaking.

Reactions: cape ann eagle
I grew up with the UCLA with 10 of 12 titles. 64 and 65 are a little hazy as a small kid. Add another title years latter. My God they did not want to hang the NIT banner in Pauley when they won! At BC it would be hung in neon lights our program is so down.

A lot on this message board aren't huge fans of UCLA
They claimed they lack fans.

I lived in Southern California for about 17 years. Till about 2007.

I have seen firsthand the unrealistic expectations of their basketball program.

They are Indiana x10

You can claim they don't have fans but that doesn't change the fact that it is win or GTFO.

Even today I wouldn't want my worst enemy taking that job.

Ben Howland went to 3 Final 4s in a row and was fired. That was only about 10 years ago.

Is there a program outside of UCLA who would do that

Maybe Duke after Coach K.
For some odd reason I feel like Duke will have similar issues as UCLA. Mainly because of the success is limited to one coach

There will be a Gene Bartow for Duke

giphy.gif

Officer @IUfanBorden we have a 240 in progress at the corner of Rivals and basketball. Proceed there immediately.

Blue blood is so gay ftr. Like who gives a fockk.
I mean, this....It has no relevance to the game....Or how good.bad you are. I mean hows that "Blue blood membership" working out for 4-7 Kentucky? Or a 5-3 Duke......Or last years 14-19 UNC team; for that matter, an 8-4 UNC team this year...

Look at the standings in the ....

ACC:
UVA, Louisville, VaTech and Clemson....

Big 10: Michigan, Iowa and Illinois...

SEC: Bama, Tenn and LSU.....Sure UK is 3-1, but an Indiana State like 4-7 overall.

Its meaningless.....Its a crutch. I am happy with IU's history, and where historians view them. Couldn't care less what some dudes on here think..

How is MSU overrated? This year, sure, but not overall
I mean OVERALL, I get....Even under Heathcoate, they were up and down...Sure won a title in 79. He had some dynamite teams. But overall...sure.

But since Izzo? Nope. Been as good as anyone.

After arguing with Kentucky fans who are burning jerseys because our players took a knee, I’ve been told I must go back to national boards. Apparently some of the redder ones think I’m a rabble rouser.

Ps. I made this list when I drank way too much. I have no idea why I added Michigan State. I just wanted to troll Borden, I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT