ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Time for Real Conversations About the Kentucky Head Coach Role

The only coaches out there better than Cal/equal too, are not leaving....and one is retiring---the other has retired..

So,if you got that route, who you taking a chance on?

Kentucky is Kentucky b/c they have always made the right decision---BCG being the exception, but even then, they made the right decision when it came apparent he wasn't the guy.

Self is not leaving Kansas
Drew is not leaving Baylor
Few is not leaving Gonzaga
Wright is not leaving Nova

Sooooooooo.......Who ya gonna get?
That's what I said. People get all pissy and want to fire Cal without even thinking ahead. OK, cool, fire Cal (and pay him $43 million)... then what? Way more likely to land the next Gillispie than the next Coach K.

That's what I said. People get all pissy and want to fire Cal without even thinking ahead. OK, cool, fire Cal (and pay him $43 million)... then what? Way more likely to land the next Gillispie than the next Coach K.
JFC, $43 million? Man if I were Cal, I'd fuking tank next year, and call it a career....

Reactions: tw3301
JFC, $43 million? Man if I were Cal, I'd fuking tank next year, and call it a career....
He has the option to step down in the 6th year of his contract (2025) and take a job as Barnhart's assistant for $950K a year. That's the "lifetime" part of his lifetime contract, but his actual coaching contract (10 years) expires after the 2028-29 season.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Na only thing im missing is all the injuries ur hiding behind. Besides the one for the 9th-10th player that comes off ur bench(maybe), who also didnt play a minute all season, who exactly were yall missing vs thursday.

If anything, point to cal for running grady into the dirt when yall did have a few minor injuries in the bc during the year. That might be a legit gripe. Injuries…..not so much.
I said after the injuries the team was never the same, which is true. Not hiding behind anything. We digressed toward the end of the season and tournament play.

I said after the injuries the team was never the same, which is true. Not hiding behind anything. We digressed toward the end of the season and tournament play.
I might buy this if u hadnt listed frederick in ur other post about how bad yall were missing a guy who never even played 😂

He would've done more on 1 leg than what they got from Grady tho.
Grady def had a weird season, lights out one game, having fans proclaim hebis the beat shooter of the cal era, then cant hit water from a boat the next. Gotta wonder why allen got zero clock all season, with no other shooters on the roster. I thought frderick was a guard tho

I might buy this if u hadnt listed frederick in ur other post about how bad yall were missing a guy who never even played 😂
LOL having reading comprehension problems are we. I simply said he was our best shooter whom didn't play, which was true. I never said anything about how much we were missing him. Twice now, try for 3...

Yea no doubt. He had a weird season, lights out one game, cant hit nothin the next. Gotta wonder why allen got zero clock all season, with no other shooters on the roster.
Because Allen can't guard a statue, but it's not like Grady was defender of the year either.

Reactions: Villian07
Because Allen can't guard a statue, but it's not like Grady was defender of the year either.

Cal hated Allen because he said stupid shit all last year about him then the FIRST game he got decent minutes (when he got ejected lmao) he caught fire. Allen sucked the little he played but hard to play well when you only play once a month.

LOL having reading comprehension problems are we. I simply said he was our best shooter whom didn't play, which was true. I never said anything about how much we were missing him. Twice now, try for 3...
“Our best shooter never played a minute bc of injury”

“we never got our chemistry back after all the injuries”

“i never blamed injuries” 🤣

Our best shooter (CJ) was injured and didn't play a single minute. Grady was in a slump and the timing of it was terrible. Something happened to this team's chemistry after the injuries. They've been on a down slide since. We were up 8 with 3 minutes to go. Should've closed it out but didn't. Cal put together a very good team and before injuries, man they were good.

Honestly I was concerned about the first couple of games. I was hoping to see some improvement over how they have been playing. But sadly they didn't.

I can't blame Cal for this one. 2015 yes, but no this one. This was all on the players. I was hoping to see Collins play. I thought he would've thrived with lobs and his athleticism. I do blame C for not developing Hopkins and Collins where they could contribute. You could see flashes from both, but unless you actually get game experience, you're not going to develop,

Boy, UK was fool's gold this year lol.
It was St. Peter's. ST. PETER'S! Knock it off with the excuses. Kentucky's 6-10 guys should be able to beat them by double digits.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdbearde
Grady def had a weird season, lights out one game, having fans proclaim hebis the beat shooter of the cal era, then cant hit water from a boat the next. Gotta wonder why allen got zero clock all season, with no other shooters on the roster. I thought frderick was a guard tho
Allen got a little playing time. In fact he played enough that everyone knew he could not shoot a lick.

I would vote no. I have thought about it and who would UK hire? Who do we want that would be better than Cal?

I don't know.

Kentucky shit the bed Thursday night, but that is the first time Cal has done it. In my 65 years of following Kentucky that was the worst loss of my era, followed by the Middle Tennessee loss under Joe B. Hall.

UK did not fire Joe B. for one bed shitting, nor should they fire Cal.

I actually though Thursday night that Cal intimidated the UK guards. The AD needs to runover that tape and if he did, warn him. Make a threat, but I understand the Cals contract is pretty iron clad, so unless UK want to take a horrible deposit of money in Cals bank account they may want to keep him.

Two different players.

Reactions: I am stupid
Cal intimidated UK guards by bert

there was 2 by you

where does it say which 2 it was?

He probably just watched the game. No links to make it true.
He said they were already listed in this thread, that i should try reading, Im just not seeing it. Hell only names i even see itt are grady and allen and they arent even guards. Maybe i got someone blocked from way back but i didnt think i had anyone blocked for real. Idk.

Oh are u saying its listed in one of the multiple links ITT that i didnt click on, if so my bad. Still not clickin em, which 2 was it?

He said they were already listed in this thread, that i should try reading, Im just not seeing it. Hell only names i even see itt are grady and allen and they arent even guards. Maybe i got someone blocked from way back but i didnt think i had anyone blocked for real. Idk.
Wake up young man. 🤣

Our best shooter (CJ) was injured and didn't play a single minute. Grady was in a slump and the timing of it was terrible. Something happened to this team's chemistry after the injuries. They've been on a down slide since. We were up 8 with 3 minutes to go. Should've closed it out but didn't. Cal put together a very good team and before injuries, man they were good.

Honestly I was concerned about the first couple of games. I was hoping to see some improvement over how they have been playing. But sadly they didn't.

I can't blame Cal for this one. 2015 yes, but not this one. This was all on the players. I was hoping to see Collins play. I thought he would've thrived with lobs and his athleticism. I do blame Cal for not developing Hopkins and Collins where they could contribute. You could see flashes from both, but unless you actually get game experience, you're not going to develop,

Boy, UK was fool's gold this year lol.
@Villian07

The NCAA fanbase seems to be divided into 2 factions;

A) “All that talent and no trophies”

or

B) “Stop it.”

When the “all that talent and no trophies” faction would fire up 6 or 7 years ago I thought it was premature due to getting to final fours or just missing, but the last few seasons (excluding last season due to COVID) UK has been underwhelming, with our 5 star teams being bested by teams with fewer stars but scrappy ballers.

It has become clear to me that Cal can only succeed with overly-superior talent, which has not been seen for a while In Lexington like in the past with exception to Oscar. Someone will say “ . . . and replace him with who!?” One answer to that is; A no-name coach can deliver repeated early-exits just as easy as Cal has.

So, are UK fans just spoiled or should a Blue Blood take a gamble with someone new now?
I say, Stop it. There is no guarantee that you won't get option c (no talent and no trophies).

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I say, Stop it. There is no guarantee that you won't get option c (no talent and no trophies).
depositphotos_52261715-stock-illustration-kiss-this.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT