ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Hubert Davis - FML

It’s not dumb if you have that option to choose from.

Well hell, most every program has a dude that played there and has been an assistant. That’s how you ended up with Doherty and Guthridge.

Doherty recruited the major players for the 2005 title, Gut went to a FF, what's your point?

Good, I am glad you are happy. I hope Davis has the same level of success. After all, he's "family". 😄

Let’s see if Coach Davis can pull off his 1st shocker this afternoon.
Stay tuned

Matt Doherty 2.0

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Hubert is basically begging Kessler to come back, hardly Matt Doherty's style. lol

Interesting. Optics might look strange, though, if he enters the transfer portal, Roy retires a week later, UNC quickly hires Hubert Davis, and then Kessler decides to come back.

Obviously Davis & UNC should care more about getting Kessler back than optics, but would be an interesting perspective if Roy is seen as the reason, whether fair or not, that he was leaving in the first place.

Interesting. Optics might look strange, though, if he enters the transfer portal, Roy retires a week later, UNC quickly hires Hubert Davis, and then Kessler decides to come back.

Obviously Davis & UNC should care more about getting Kessler back than optics, but would be an interesting perspective if Roy is seen as the reason, whether fair or not, that he was leaving in the first place.
Who knows, but I'm not sure why Hubert would beg him back, if Kessler's problem wasn't with Roy. Also, Bacot's tweet seems to also imply that he's good to come back now that Roy's gone. Idk.

Scroll down for Hubert's comments.

Have assistants been announced? This guy really needs a strong staff, and could use that old man guru to get him thru tough times.

It could be scheme related. Kessler may not see his role/skill set the same way Roy did. Perhaps Davis’ vision is more in line.

Definitely an odd look, but I’d be fine with him coming back. All that said, if he comes back and wants to be a stretch big then he better start hitting shots. The relatively small sample size did not show much of that skill set.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Hubert was the one I hoped UNC would choose. It's going to be entertaining. For UNC fans, I hope he is a better coach than he was an analyst, cuz he sucked at that.

Not sure what victory Hubert has. He picked up a guy in the portal that isn't very good and won't really help, embarrassed himself by begging a dude to come back who basically shit on a HOF coach, lost out on a shooter to another ACC school, and had his main target for an assistant turn him down.

Reactions: 829305 and sgrooms
$400,000 base salary w/incentives....? for the Carolina job??

It’s more like $1.8 million 1st year and an average of $2 million over the contract, which is still pretty low. But the $400,000 as I understand it is just from the school then he gets apparel money and a bunch of other types. Whenever someone says Cal makes $8 million (give or take) very little of that is his base pay. Quite a lot comes from apparel and other sources.

It’s more like $1.8 million 1st year and an average of $2 million over the contract, which is still pretty low. But the $400,000 as I understand it is just from the school then he gets apparel money and a bunch of other types. Whenever someone says Cal makes $8 million (give or take) very little of that is his base pay. Quite a lot comes from apparel and other sources.
Calipari's base pay is also $400,000.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yeah. Still wish we would've backed the Brinks truck up somewhere instead of getting a grateful alum on the cheap.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT