ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a such thing as make-up calls?

I’ll take this one. Not to UK’s favor. Too many pictures and gifs of blatant violations in one form another. Usually on the biggest of stages.

You watch - the typical cockshiners will be on here shortly trying to convince UK fans we don’t see what is as clear as day in those images. Just sit back and watch.

I’ll take this one. Not to UK’s favor. Too many pictures and gifs of blatant violations in one form another. Usually on the biggest of stages.

You watch - the typical cockshiners will be on here shortly trying to convince UK fans we don’t see what is as clear as day in those images. Just sit back and watch.
You dudes could win by 70, and still would still cry... 🤣

I know....I know----"shot clock game....."

Blah, blah, blah....

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You’re probably right. Only thing is the games with pictorial proof of obvious violations are all games we lost.
Could you post, along with that "pictorial proof", how many second chance points UK allowed....turnovers they had....missed FT's.....missed shots....I mean I know those stats don't play more of a role than ONE call----But hey, just for fun.

Could you post, along with that "pictorial proof", how many second chance points UK allowed....turnovers they had....missed FT's.....missed shots....I mean I know those stats don't play more of a role than ONE call----But hey, just for fun.
That burden of proof is up to the other pickle nosed queefbreathers to provide. It would be a call to their disadvantage - just like I provided.

I would say it's pretty rare. Officials in general do their best and are pretty good EXCEPT for calling charges. I don't care what anyone says. They suck at getting this call right and until they simply stop calling them in favor of calling blocks unless it's obvious it won't ever get better. The more games I watch the more awful charge calls I see. Night after night dudes flopping all over the court and officials making terrible calls rewarding teams for it.

You dudes could win by 70, and still would still cry... 🤣

I know....I know----"shot clock game....."

Blah, blah, blah....
That shot clock was bs. I never liked your excuse. and F' Wisconsin.

Some how this don't count b/c it's against a perfect season for UK.

CBzCSwZW4AEhV2V.jpg-large.jpeg

F&ck all y'all.

giphy.gif

Literally the only thing that call did was make Kentucky 38-1 instead of 39-1.

Also, Kentucky was bailed out against ND to even make it to 38 wins. Should have been 37-1

• Haha
That shot clock was bs. I never liked your excuse. and F' Wisconsin.

Some how this don't count b/c it's against a perfect season for UK.

CBzCSwZW4AEhV2V.jpg-large.jpeg

F&ck all y'all.

giphy.gif
No yellow LED lights.....means shot clock had not expired. Tenths of a second don't quit existing because they're not visible....

Also, try not going 5 minutes with no points, and two shot clock violations----at the end of the game. Might help ya win next time...

• Sad
No yellow LED lights.....means shot clock had not expired. Tenths of a second don't quit existing because they're not visible.... << They do when the clock shows zero.... I've programmed a few time systems in my career lol

Also, try not going 5 minutes with no points, and two shot clock violations----at the end of the game. Might help ya win next time...
So zero doesn't mean zero. That's a pretty lame excuse... I do know how clocks work. Refs should too.

Also could you quote the rules regarding that even though the clock stated zero, the yellow lights weren't on. Its a stupid rule if its for real.... Are refs that stupid they need yellow lights to confirm the clock is zero?

Last edited:
So zero doesn't mean zero. That's a pretty lame excuse... I do know how clocks work. Refs should too.

Also could you quote the rules regarding that even though the clock stated zero, the yellow lights weren't on. Its a stupid rule if its for real.... Are refs that stupid they need yellow lights to confirm the clock is zero?
Also, doesn't a buzzer sound when the shot clock expires?

Kentucky fans didn't have the mental capacity to handle losing to Duke. Losing to Wisconsin was the best thing that could have happened to UK. That way they could always have it in their minds that they would have beaten Duke had they not "been cheated" out of playing them for the championship.

• Haha
I'd argue that you don't watch basketball if you think make up calls don't exist. Sometimes they are absolutely blatant.

Another thing you notice a lot lately is that refs tend to try and err away from calling fouls against someone that might foul out if they are an integral part of that team.

I think there is, especially for the home teams. This is why if I were the coach, I'd always tell the players to cool the heads down if the refs make a mistake. Theres a decent chance that a make-up call will happen later in the game, but trying to challenge/irritate the ref will just make things worse.

Officials are human. There are reasons certain coaches berate officials all game long. They don't really think they are getting screwed. It sometimes works, even it it's subconsciously.

ADVERTISEMENT