ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a more unlikeable head coach than Jim Boeheim?

Talking point? 13 of the first 15 games are in the state of NY.

So the same as 99% of other power programs?

Make sure to shout from the rooftops that Boeheim should start scheduling games like mid majors. Let me know how it goes.

edit: for comparison, MSU plays one OOC game out of state, against Seton Hall. You’re in the Maui Invitational, but that’s not controllable because the invites rotate. Cuse would go there if invited and has multiple times. So your own school doesn’t even schedule more out of state games than Syracuse, but you want to throw rocks?

Last edited:
Barclays holds 3,000 less than Greensboro. That alone counts for an attendance difference of 42,000 (assuming 14 games).

So the difference isn’t as stark as it’s being made out to be.

edit: Greensboro actually holds 23k+, to Barclays’ 19k. Over 14 games, that’s 56,000 less seats available. That’s almost the entire attendance difference. So the issue is venue size, not location.

That argument would make sense if either venue was actually selling out. Here's a better way to look at the results:

141,159 / 13 = 10,858 (Syracuse didn't compete in 2015)
82,390 / 14 = 5,885

+ 4973 a game for Greensboro, which is also an 84.5% increase from Brooklyn. That is significant.

Reactions: Hoya1987
That argument would make sense if either venue was actually selling out. Here's a better way to look at the results:

141,159 / 13 = 10,858 (Syracuse didn't compete in 2015)
82,390 / 14 = 5,885

+ 4973 a game for Greensboro, which is also an 84.5% increase from Brooklyn. That is significant.

Capacity influences open seats. If Barclays gets less than capacity to show up, that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t sell more seats if capacity was higher. Say Barclays was getting 18k out of the 19k cap. If the cap magically increased to 23k, attendance wouldn’t stay at 18. It would probably inflate to 21 or 22k.

So the same as 99% of other power programs?

Make sure to shout from the rooftops that Boeheim should start scheduling games like mid majors. Let me know how it goes.

edit: for comparison, MSU plays one OOC game out of state, against Seton Hall. You’re in the Maui Invitational, but that’s not controllable because the invites rotate. Cuse would go there if invited and has multiple times. So your own school doesn’t even schedule more out of state games than Syracuse, but you want to throw rocks?
Kentucky was played out of state, and you can't discount Maui just because it doesn't support your argument so that looks like 5 games to me.

What pearl has done as a coach is more impressive to me than anything any of the guys at the historical powers have done. Especially when you compare the resources those guys have done it with. Pearl would Have won more titles than cAlipari had he been at Kentucky the last 8 years. He would have IU back to the height of the knight days. What he has done at Auburn is nothing short of amazing.
Huh? What's the difference between what Auburn did last year and What South Carolina did in '17?

Both teams took on water during the season, both teams were loaded with really good veteran players and both teams peaked at the right time.

Great, y'all made a ff with a veteran team, it's impressive, but definitely not as impressive as what the blue bloods have been doing.

Auburn has the same opportunities as the Blue blood programs do. A lot of these top 10 kids are going to the Missouri's, the LSU's, the Oklahoma State's and the Oregon's of the world, so it's not like UK/duke/unc/ku are getting all the blue chip kids and besides that, Auburn had a stud recruit last year.

So what makes Auburn's run more impressive than anyone else's run? Heck, I'd take Virginia's turn around run last year over just about anyone's run in the modern era.

Kentucky was played out of state, and you can't discount Maui just because it doesn't support your argument so that looks like 5 games to me.

Maui doesn’t count. Nice try though. Everybody else here recognizes that. We’re talking about scheduling. There are only a handful of worthwhile preseason tournaments coaches can go to and they have to get invites. You can’t shoehorn it in because that fits your narrative.

So you have 2 to Syracuse’s 1. Proud of you.

Capacity influences open seats. If Barclays gets less than capacity to show up, that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t sell more seats if capacity was higher. Say Barclays was getting 18k out of the 19k cap. If the cap magically increased to 23k, attendance wouldn’t stay at 18. It would probably inflate to 21 or 22k.

5,885 / 19,000 = 31%
10,858 / 23,000 = 47.2%

Edit: Looks like the NCAA attendance for conference tournaments only captures 7 games. Early rounds aren't factored into the calculation.

So, the numbers would be...

Greensboro, 2015: 141,159 / 7= 20,165 average (87.7% of capacity)
Brooklyn, 2018: 82,390 / 7= 11,770 average (61.9% of capacity)

Either way, Greensboro is a better venue for the conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: AWilli6995
Whiner. Yes

Cheater. Yes

"The NCAA has suspended Syracuse men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim for nine games and imposed harsh sanctions on his program because of violations involving academic misconduct, extra benefits and the university drug testing policy that occurred under his watch for more than a decade"

Reactions: Hoya1987
jim-boeheim-nose-pick.jpg

Huh? What's the difference between what Auburn did last year and What South Carolina did in '17?

Both teams took on water during the season, both teams were loaded with really good veteran players and both teams peaked at the right time.

Great, y'all made a ff with a veteran team, it's impressive, but definitely not as impressive as what the blue bloods have been doing.

Auburn has the same opportunities as the Blue blood programs do. A lot of these top 10 kids are going to the Missouri's, the LSU's, the Oklahoma State's and the Oregon's of the world, so it's not like UK/duke/unc/ku are getting all the blue chip kids and besides that, Auburn had a stud recruit last year.

So what makes Auburn's run more impressive than anyone else's run? Heck, I'd take Virginia's turn around run last year over just about anyone's run in the modern era.

Auburn won the sec the year before. South Carolina had one good season. Auburn hadn’t made the tournament in 15 years until the 2017-2018 season. Now we have in just the last two years:

A regular season sec title
A sec tournament title
A final 4

Auburn has been the most accomplished team over the last 2 seasons in the SEC. This after not even being in the dance for 15 years.

5,885 / 19,000 = 31%
10,858 / 23,000 = 47.2%

Edit: Looks like the NCAA attendance for conference tournaments only captures 7 games. Early rounds aren't factored into the calculation.

So, the numbers would be...

Greensboro, 2015: 141,159 / 7= 20,165 average (87.7% of capacity)
Brooklyn, 2018: 82,390 / 7= 11,770 average (61.9% of capacity)

Either way, Greensboro is a better venue for the conference.

Barclays was damn near half empty? Jeez

"The NCAA has suspended Syracuse men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim for nine games and imposed harsh sanctions on his program because of violations involving academic misconduct, extra benefits and the university drug testing policy that occurred under his watch for more than a decade"

the assertion was cheater. which the excerpt doesn’t speak to.

you sure you want to get into this battle with me? you really sure?

- Billy Edelin was paid slightly more than minimum wage to officiate YMCA basketball games for a summer.

- Fab Melo was suspended by the school for academic ineligibility. He also had a paper heavily edited by a tutor.

- The school had a drug test reporting policy on the books that didn’t match what the Athletic Department did in practice, across all sports. They realized parents didn’t want to get calls about weed test results so they stopped calling parents. Technically, by what was written, failure to call the parents meant players were ineligible to play until the call happened. Drug testing policies also aren’t even required by the NCAA.

These were the infractions. Point me to the one that shows JB had a hand in cheating, not some ‘failure to monitor’ bullshit.

I’ll wait

There are things you ask a sleep-deprived woman recovering from surgery while breastfeeding a newborn and trying not to murder her toddler, and things you don’t ask.
Truer words have never been put in text my friend.

Reactions: brooky03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT