ADVERTISEMENT

Is the XII the Most dominant league since the Old Big East?

KStateFootball82

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2017
New AP poll:

2 ku
10 Texas
11 kstate
14 ISU
17 TCU
26 Baylor

Half the league in the top 17.

Back to back natties. 3 years in a row finishing #1 in country (Covid 2020 KU). 3 tourneys in a row 2019-21-22 playing in the natty (tech, Baylor, KU).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The Big XII looks really good. So did the Big Ten in 2021, though. March Madness will continue to be a crapshoot and non-conference play can be just as deceiving ... I honestly think the real message is that comparing conferences is a lot more difficult than most people think. However, yes, I would probably say the Big XII is the best league this year and last year. Not sure about your other claim.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
It is def appears loaded, but its still pretty early. After the OU game I think Kansas plays 6-8 straight games against ranked teams. Its going to be a very difficult stretch.

New AP poll:

2 ku
10 Texas
11 kstate
14 ISU
17 TCU
26 Baylor

Kansas State hasn’t reached the Final Four in your lifetime.

E6-A45262-C4-F4-4-ABB-B1-EA-7304-A0-AC18-BB.jpg

It’s pretty damn deep.

Houston will be in for a rude awakening when they joins the big 12. They’re number 1 now but don’t play another ranked team for the rest of the season. You don’t go a week without playing a ranked team in the big 12.

It’s pretty damn deep.

Houston will be in for a rude awakening when they joins the big 12. They’re number 1 now but don’t play another ranked team for the rest of the season. You don’t go a week without playing a ranked team in the big 12.

I actually think Houston will continue its run

They’re legit

Rank order matchups vs SEC, and the sec takes the series...

Sit down son….Sec last championship? Kentucky 2012.

Last team beside Kentucky to play for a natty? 2007 Florida?

Big 12 has went back to back (3 in a row #1 finishes including KU 2020) and played for the natty 3 years in a row.

Sec doesn’t touch the big 12’s jockstrap in bball

• Haha
Reactions: rdgtr
Sit down son….Sec last championship? Kentucky 2012.

Last team beside Kentucky to play for a natty? 2007 Florida?

Big 12 has went back to back (3 in a row #1 finishes including KU 2020) and played for the natty 3 years in a row.

Sec doesn’t touch the big 12’s jockstrap in bball
The SEC kicked your ass in the challenge last year. Your #1 team's lone loss is to the SEC. The SEC will beat the Big 12 with Kentucky tied behind our back.

The Big XII looks really good. So did the Big Ten in 2021, though. March Madness will continue to be a crapshoot and non-conference play can be just as deceiving ... I honestly think the real message is that comparing conferences is a lot more difficult than most people think. However, yes, I would probably say the Big XII is the best league this year and last year. Not sure about your other claim.

This is a stupid comparison. I watch Big Ten and Big 12 almost exclusively. There really is no comparison. The skill level throughout the rosters of the Big 12 is just different. If you look at the top 8 teams in the Big 12, every team has 5 to 7 players on the roster who can create a shot on their own and also defend. its uncanny.

In the BIG, you have only 2 or 3 teams with that skill level, while most Big Ten teams just have players who are really only role players without any versatility on both sides of the floor.

This is a stupid comparison. I watch Big Ten and Big 12 almost exclusively. There really is no comparison. The skill level throughout the rosters of the Big 12 is just different. If you look at the top 8 teams in the Big 12, every team has 5 to 7 players on the roster who can create a shot on their own and also defend. its uncanny.

In the BIG, you have only 2 or 3 teams with that skill level, while most Big Ten teams just have players who are really only role players without any versatility on both sides of the floor.
The only thing stupid is your inability to read what I wrote. I said in 2021, circa Selection Sunday, the Big Ten looked just as good. It's only with your 20/20 hindsight (and a bit of bias) that you could see it wasn't. I said nothing about this year's Big Ten in any part of my post.

The only thing stupid is your inability to read what I wrote. I said in 2021, circa Selection Sunday, the Big Ten looked just as good. It's only with your 20/20 hindsight (and a bit of bias) that you could see it wasn't. I said nothing about this year's Big Ten in any part of my post.

Yes, but at the time I knew the Big Ten was never that good. And its still not that Good. Big 12 is elite and shits all over the Big Ten in basketball.

Yes, but at the time I knew the Big Ten was never that good. And its still not that Good. Big 12 is elite and shits all over the Big Ten in basketball.
So we are going by your subjective opinion? 😂 Because yeah, obviously I cannot compete with that kind of wisdom.

Look, I have nothing against the Big XII ... in fact, given the stress its fan bases have been through during conference realignment, I will gladly let you puff your chests about having good basketball teams. Rock on, Big XII fans, and enjoy it while it lasts. :)

• Haha
So we are going by your subjective opinion? 😂 Because yeah, obviously I cannot compete with that kind of wisdom.

Look, I have nothing against the Big XII ... in fact, given the stress its fan bases have been through during conference realignment, I will gladly let you puff your chests about having good basketball teams. Rock on, Big XII fans, and enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Clearly you don't know as much about College Basketball as I do, so yes.

The SEC kicked your ass in the challenge last year. Your #1 team's lone loss is to the SEC. The SEC will beat the Big 12 with Kentucky tied behind our back.

I thought you were about the here and now?

Besides, the Big 12 stomped the SEC overall last year and easily outperformed them in the tourney. SmokinSmile

New AP poll:

2 ku
10 Texas
11 kstate
14 ISU
17 TCU
26 Baylor

Define "Old Big East"----Georgetown/St.John's circa? Or early 2000's to around 2013, or so? Which one?

B12 is very good. Baylor and KU with natty's. TTU runner-up. Oklahoma 2 FF's(2002/2016). Texas FF in 2003. But no one but Kansas has been consistent.

Baylor---Been solid under Drew for sure. 5 SW 16's since 2010. 3 Elite 8's(2010, 12 and 21). FF and title in 21. But other than that, not much TBH. Althoug I guess ya could argue that in the 10 NCAAT's Drew has led them to, they have to the SW 16 50% of the time. SO there is that.

Texas----2003. After that, no noise. Elite 8 in 2008. But thats the last time they have been past the SW 16. MOF, that is the last time they have been to the SW 16..

TTU- Elite 8 in 2018/19. FF/Runner up in 2019. Other than that, not much to write home about.

ISU---Couple of SW 16's here an there. Nice run last year. First SW 16 since 2016. Last Elite 8 was in 2000

TCU--Well they have made the tourney a few times.

KSU---Elite 8 few years ago....Other than that, nope.

Kansas is the cream of the crop, AND BY A LOT.

Solid so far this year, but history tells us who's likely to be left standing of all the teams----Kansas.

I thought you were about the here and now?

Besides, the Big 12 stomped the SEC overall last year and easily outperformed them in the tourney. SmokinSmile
That knucklehead was going on about 2007. Also, The Big 12's top team got beat this year. That is hardly a trip down memory lane.

Granted the Big Ten can’t win a damn title, I’m pretty sure the Big Ten still leads all other conferences in Final Four appearances this century.

Indeed they do. Very strong.

It's not completely out of the question for all 10 Big 12 teams to make the tournament. Very unlikely to happen, given that a few teams always seem to lose 2/3 of the league games or more. But, the computer numbers are going to go bonkers with 18 conference games against top 40 opponents.

Teams like Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are more vulnerable because their resumes from OOC games are uninspiring, so they'll need to be reasonably close to .500 in the conference. Iowa State went 7-11 last year and made the tournament (and the Sweet 16). Almost any school that goes 8-10 in the Big 12 will be a lock for the tournament. If the OOC resume is strong enough, I think a Big 12 school that goes 7-11 or 6-12 is capable of receiving an at-large.

It's not completely out of the question for all 10 Big 12 teams to make the tournament. Very unlikely to happen, given that a few teams always seem to lose 2/3 of the league games or more. But, the computer numbers are going to go bonkers with 18 conference games against top 40 opponents.

Teams like Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are more vulnerable because their resumes from OOC games are uninspiring, so they'll need to be reasonably close to .500 in the conference. Iowa State went 7-11 last year and made the tournament (and the Sweet 16). Almost any school that goes 8-10 in the Big 12 will be a lock for the tournament. If the OOC resume is strong enough, I think a Big 12 school that goes 7-11 or 6-12 is capable of receiving an at-large.
Is it talent or has the big 12 slowly accumulated the best coaches in the nation.

Yet sec choked in the tourney…when it matters

That’s like bragging about bowl games or ooc when the playoff / natty is what matters.

Ya. Tourney defines you so we’ll see.

But big 12 been balling in tourney last few years. 4 different teams in final four last 5 years. Houston will be 5 in last 5 when added.

Yet sec choked in the tourney…when it matters

That’s like bragging about bowl games or ooc when the playoff / natty is what matters.
It matters and that is why we are playing doofus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT