ADVERTISEMENT

Is KY getting shit together?

Really like the way Green has been playing- interested in Kentucky Florida next week.

I forgot you guys were playing. Assume you are looking good? Good for you guys.

They're starting to play for each other now, and they're smiling/having fun. Put MO down tonight by 20+ points, who they lost two a few weeks ago. They're starting to become a problem for some teams.

The small ball lineups have been on another level these past couple of weeks.

JV getting minutes at the 5 was not something I ever expected to see.

They are no different than the team they’ve been all year. They were never as bad as their fans made them out to be when they were losing and they didn’t all of a sudden become a dominant team now that they are winning. Kentucky is a good basketball team.

8e3.jpg

I do not want them in KUs bracket. I can see a FF run easily.

Not gonna lie, it does appear as if UK is getting their collective act together. Couldn't pick a better time.

I do not want them in KUs bracket. I can see a FF run easily.
Flattery is like gum . . . chew it, but don't swallow it.

Nice of you to say, but as UK fans should be (are?) is aware that an opponent running on all cylinders could still dismantle this team, but I certainly like our trend.

Really? They are a perfect match up for Kansas. And a FF run easily? Have people lost their minds?

Length would bother Kansas as much as it did the first time. And Vanderbilt is on the team now. I'd much rather have someone else as a 4/5 than UK if I was Kansas imo.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Length would bother Kansas as much as it did the first time. And Vanderbilt is on the team now. I'd much rather have someone else as a 4/5 than UK if I was Kansas imo.

Kentucky had a rough season overall, and at one point had a terrible slide, but no team in the country wants to see UK as their 4/5. Kentucky still has 1 seed talent, and it's beginning to look like it's meshing. Vanderbilt is a game changer. He's looking like MKG, but with better passing ability, and better size (he's playing the 5. MKG was our 3/4 in 2012).

I genuinely feel like when UK gets Quade Green, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Kevin Knox, PJ Washington, and Jarred Vanderbilt, right now, that may be as good of a two-way lineup as any in the country.

Kentucky had a rough season overall, and at one point had a terrible slide, but no team in the country wants to see UK as their 4/5. Kentucky still has 1 seed talent, and it's beginning to look like it's meshing. Vanderbilt is a game changer. He's looking like MKG, but with better passing ability, and better size (he's playing the 5. MKG was our 3/4 in 2012).

I genuinely feel like when UK gets Quade Green, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Kevin Knox, PJ Washington, and Jarred Vanderbilt, right now, that may be as good of a two-way lineup as any in the country.
You do love your wildcats.

...just a heads up, you can post over here even when your team isn’t playing well.

Last edited:
It wasn’t meant to be a big slight or anything. Any team we’ve played ranked top 5 or top 100 has been 50/50. The better the comp, the better our team plays. Kansas and UK have both went on a little run here in the past 3 games, but if we are both being honest—-we are each one game away from looking like hot garbage again. The margin of error against good teams is rather small for both squads. Seeding won’t mean a thing for either team in my mind—-other than one game. The rest is about matchups and shooting.

Worst picture of John Higgins I ever saw. Surely you can do better.

I think if we do end up matched up this year it would be awesome if Higgins was assigned to the game and actually favored us this year instead of Kentucky. Not sure we could overcome it two years in a row but it would be sweet revenge if we got the calls the second time around.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
I knew Cal would get them straight. To me Quade Green is the key why you guys are playing so well.

I knew Cal would get them straight. To me Quade Green is the key why you guys are playing so well.

He got back into his groove. Calipari said earlier this season in a press conference that if this team were to lose Quade Green, our offense would suffer greatly for it. We lost Quade Green, and our offense suffered greatly for it. He got back, but he wasn’t really “back” I suppose. He started getting into a groove, and he even became a more tenacious defender, and our offense has been really good lately. Jarred Vanderbilt has shaken off the rust, and suddenly we might be the best offensive rebounding team in the nation, and the defense has gotten much, much sharper overall. Ball movement has gotten better too (a product of your 5 man having the same skill set as Ben Simmons, no doubt).

Team is peaking at the right time. It’s been frustrating to watch this season, but they’re getting their shit together at the perfect time.

Vanderbilt averaging 11 and 11 in 21 minutes per game since Kentucky has gotten hot. That's why I would give him the nod as our MVP. Quade Green has been really important for UK though.

There just isn’t a happy medium with some Kentucky fans, they either give up on a season, or they think they are the team to beat...,sometimes both in the same week. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT