ADVERTISEMENT

Is john calipari being given a pass…

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
For potentially losing the all time wins lead in college basketball? Kentucky had a Pretty healthy lead over Kansas when cal arrived at KU right? No?

For potentially losing the all time wins lead in college basketball? Kentucky had a Pretty healthy lead over Kansas when cal arrived at KU right? No?
UK was just a couple of games ahead of UNC when he arrived. KU is just on a hell of a streak. All three have been close for a while. IIRC KU had it before UK took it back. Can't remember the year.

I'd like to see a list of coaches/schools who have more wins since he's arrived.

*Correction UNC had it before UK. I guess you can blame Roy Williams for KU over taking them. If you're into that kind of thing.

ncaaalltime2020.jpg

Cal has the most wins and tournament wins since he took the job in 2009. How is that not winning? Unlike Auburn we don't correlate season success to just one game.
2009 - 2015 cal was dominant. Pretty much just another SEC team from 2016 on.

SEC has had 2 final four teams in the past 6 years and one of them was South Carolina. By definition, every team in the SEC is just another SEC team.
Agreed. It’s only Kentucky fans that can’t see how average they been in the back half of cal’s time with UK

2009 - 2015 cal was dominant. Pretty much just another SEC team from 2016 on.
The success he had in his first 6 years is impossible to match. Find me another coach that has been to 4 final fours in his first 6 years and was able to match that ratio going forward. We were never going to keep going to a final four every 1.5 years. That isn't realistic. That said, we can still do a lot better than what we have seen the last four years or so.

80 years of success is just too much for these short termers of success to comprehend. Auburn has probably hit its pinnacle this year. Now the downhill slide is next.

We've been through many of those over the years lol. The second most dominate team in the SEC has been Florida and even that was short term. After that the sec has been pretty much garbage, with a popcorn fart every so often.

Cal has been given a hall pass to the heads of our local Auburn residents. The man just keeps winning.
Winning what? He said the other day “a big game for us is the Final 4.” Y’all haven’t even played in a big game in 7 years…

Regular season games are almost a battle of fanbases. Hold court and you're up there in standings.

OP be trolling but Calipari has a 78.5% winning percentage, third to Rupp and Pitino. Self is hovering around 82% at KU, which I believe is 2nd OR 3rd in NCAA. But can you blame Calipari? I guess. After Joe B Hall, Tubby Smith, Eddie Sutton and Billy Clyde?

What was Rupp’s winning percentage you ask, OhPee? Good question. Career is was 82.2%, the 2nd highest all time,

OP be trolling but Calipari has a 78.5% winning percentage, third to Rupp and Pitino. Self is hovering around 82%, which I believe is 2nd OR 3rd in NCAA. But can you blame Calipari? I guess. After Joe B Hall, Tubby Smith, Eddie Sutton and Billy Clyde?

What was Rupp’s winning percentage you ask, OhPee? Good question. Career is was 82.2%, the 2nd highest all time,
100,000 BP on who can name the all time highest win%. If you look it up you have to live with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT