ADVERTISEMENT

Is Garza really that good?

supergreennole

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2019
I know he has scored a lot of points in his career, but whenever he goes against someone his size, he is just too slow to be effective, and doesn’t win with athleticism

I mean I doubt there aren’t players his size on every team, at least height wise.

Iowa.... RollLaugh

Okay, seriously. Can someone look at their resume and tell me why they deserve to be in the top 25, much less top 10?

I know he has scored a lot of points in his career, but whenever he goes against someone his size, he is just too slow to be effective, and doesn’t win with athleticism
20 years ago----Hell maybe even 10 or 15----he would be an overwhelming #1 pick. He is a GREAT post player. He is. Facts. But his type of game doesn't translate like it once did. He's not very athletic...slow. Meh defender.He'll get drafted. But my money is on him making his money, overseas.

That fact that he has been there 4 years says it all.

20 years ago----Hell maybe even 10 or 15----he would be an overwhelming #1 pick. He is a GREAT post player. He is. Facts. But his type of game doesn't translate like it once did. He's not very athletic...slow. Meh defender.He'll get drafted. But my money is on him making his money, overseas.
I don't think that's remotely true. Even Christian Laettner didn't get drafted #1.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I don't think that's remotely true. Even Christian Laettner didn't get drafted #1.
I agree, Garza is going to really need to transform his body at the next level. He can barely keep up when his guy is sprinting down court, imagine someone like Whiteside or Wood being matched up against him. I really don't see him translating to the next level in the NBA, but he can definitely make some money somewhere. I think he has maximized his ability to put up some great numbers, and maybe if they had a better point guard who could get to the basket he wouldn't have to work so hard on the block to get shots.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I agree, Garza is going to really need to transform his body at the next level. He can barely keep up when his guy is sprinting down court, imagine someone like Whiteside or Wood being matched up against him. I really don't see him translating to the next level in the NBA, but he can definitely make some money somewhere. I think he has maximized his ability to put up some great numbers, and maybe if they had a better point guard who could get to the basket he wouldn't have to work so hard on the block to get shots.
Who gives a f*** about the NBA?

That's what I have to say to all the criticisms of Garza's game.

"Yeah, he's great...but it won't translate at the next level"

Who gives a sh**?.........

:)

Who gives a f*** about the NBA?

That's what I have to say to all the criticisms of Garza's game.

"Yeah, he's great...but it won't translate at the next level"

Who gives a sh**?.........

:)
Well, the players who have aspirations do. And back to my original point, he isn't a difference maker against elite competition at this level either. If someone has equal measurables, or better athleticism, he looks very pedestrian

He struggles when he plays the better post guys and is fairly unathletic. He cant get his shot up over a guy like Dickinson.

Last edited:
WVU's Culver would eat Garza alive just by running the floor.

That dude looks like he's stuck in mud trying to get up and down the floor.

Most wins vs. Top 25 teams in the country do it for ya?
Actually, that would be Kansas. Iowa has 7 wins against top 25 opponents, KU has 8.

However, I think it should be noted that 3 of Iowa's 7 wins came against Rutgers(ok, but 9-9 in conference with zero quality wins), Northwestern(lost 13 of their last 14), and Minnesota(lost 11 of their last 15)

As long as he wins the national championship for Iowa, he can be a f***ing legal typist for all I care.
I gotta say I agree. It’s great when a player from a fans school goes to the NBA because it means they were probably great at that school (not always). But give me that 4 year player that dominates at the collegiate level all day every day. If he’s an NBA player...great. If not, then put that free education to use.

Scores lots of points and lots of point are good, so I'll go with good.

It should also be noted that Iowa > Kansas
Maybe. IMO, they're similar teams though. Both were hot at the beginning of the year and started well in conference, both had a mid-conference slump where they played some really bad basketball, and both made some adjustments and are playing well again.

Scores lots of points and lots of point are good, so I'll go with good.
Yep, he is a GREAT college player. He won’t be a great pro player, but that doesn’t take away from what he can do at the college level.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Well my friend, what other year could you possibly be talking about?
200.gif

Reactions: Turinturumbar
ADVERTISEMENT