ADVERTISEMENT

Is Brad Stevens Waiting For The Duke Or UNC Job?

Is Brad Stevens Waiting For The Duke Or UNC Job?

• Yes, Either

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • No, Neither

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Just Duke

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Just UNC

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
He would only leave for Duke or Kentucky. Both pay their coaches $9 million a year.

If you believe Indiana offered him the world to come home and rebuild that program and that he said no with the distinct possibility he's going to get fired in a couple months from a losing Celtics job, then I don't think he's going to go coach anywhere in college on purpose again.

Where does this idea come from? Has Stevens ever indicated serious interest in either job? He’s got (arguably) the most prestigious job in the most prestigious league. Short of being fired, I can’t picture him willingly trading that to text 15 year olds

Reactions: sgrooms
If you believe Indiana offered him the world to come home and rebuild that program and that he said no with the distinct possibility he's going to get fired in a couple months from a losing Celtics job, then I don't think he's going to go coach anywhere in college on purpose again.

Duke's job is far better and more attractive than Indiana's though. Only the delusional IU fans still think their jobs are top 5 in the country, its barely top 25 nowadays. If Celtics fire him a few years later, I surely can see him going to Duke if Coach K is retired then, but not Indiana.

Reactions: boilerzz
Duke's job is far better and more attractive than Indiana's though. Only the delusional IU fans still think their jobs are top 5 in the country, its barely top 25 nowadays. If Celtics fire him a few years later, I surely can see him going to Duke if Coach K is retired then, but not Indiana.
Any other coach regardless of name besides Coach K would have been fired at Duke this year.

You are going to be sitting in a chair way too big for you at first.

We see how reactionary people are towards college basketball coaches.

Duke can easily become Indiana.
UCLA is probably the best example. UCLA fires coaches who go to three straight Final 4s

You are a smart man. Use your common sense.
A new coach at Duke will be under extreme pressure. A season like this one you would have people calling for his head.

Job security is a big deal. Always better to be the guy creating a program rather than the guy inheriting one

You are a smart man. Use your common sense.
A new coach at Duke will be under extreme pressure. A season like this one you would have people calling for his head.

Job security is a big deal. Always better to be the guy creating a program rather than the guy inheriting one
A season like this would have a portion of fans calling for his head, or have Duke firing him? There’s a BIG difference

Reactions: duckboy33
We will see. Duke can get very ugly. Like I said the #2 guy is the key.

Can they maintain. Obviously the replacement will never be good enough
Short of a major scandal, I can guarantee that Duke’s next head coach would not be fired for a first year of 13-11 (10-10) or whatever they were. And that’s a normal year, forget about all the COVID stuff.

I think you know this, too. But again, throwing in the “people calling for their head” is lame. People have been calling for K’s head every year minus maybe 5. Fans are idiots.

Any other coach regardless of name besides Coach K would have been fired at Duke this year.

You are going to be sitting in a chair way too big for you at first.

We see how reactionary people are towards college basketball coaches.

Duke can easily become Indiana.
UCLA is probably the best example. UCLA fires coaches who go to three straight Final 4s

True, but with TE talent to win at least 1 NC out of those 3 ff’s. Westbrook coming off the fvcking bench as a 6th man. That’s some dumb s***.

True, but with TE talent to win at least 1 NC out of those 3 ff’s. Westbrook coming off the fvcking bench as a 6th man. That’s some dumb s***.

The entire time I was there the UCLA coach was on the hot seat.

UCLA is what happens when you allow history to work against you.

No one knows what will happen at Duke. My opinion would be most coaches would be wai and see.

Regarding Howland. People didn't like his style. But he won...
What screwed him was after the renovations. They threw a bunch of money into the program and he fell on his face.

Westbrook wasn't going to start over Collison

ADVERTISEMENT