ADVERTISEMENT

Is Auburn this Year's Michigan?

Original_Irish

Apr 27, 2010
A lot of parallels between the teams and the fan bases of this year's Auburn and last year's Michigan.

Both are/were Football schools that just can't beat their dominant rivals. Fan Bases see the success of their basketball teams now and are feeling extra special and relevant in a way that their football program has not been able to provide lately. And with this new feeling of superiority, the fan bases have become very.... loud lately.

I hope y'all take this post in the good fun that I made it, but the similarities are there!

I see what you’re going for but Michigan is a pretty historic basketball program. Auburn has been solid the last 4 years or so as well, despite being down last year

I see what you’re going for but Michigan is a pretty historic basketball program. Auburn has been solid the last 4 years or so as well, despite being down last year
I agree with Michigan's historical success in basketball.

Point being, last year Ohio State played for a Natty in football and UM was terrible. UM fans got way more into their basketball team than I had seen from them in the past. Its a large similarity to how Auburn fans are celebrating this year's team.

Reactions: duckboy33
I'm bumping this because I just think that I was very spot on with this assessment 😂

Auburn seems to be struggling a lot lately, we will see if they will be able to win more than 2 games in March Madness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT