ADVERTISEMENT

Is “Billions” Worth a Watch?

It's a spectacular show, even overlooking the ridiculously conflicting dual roles of the principal woman character.

Reactions: WojoRising
I watched the first 2 episodes and it was really cheesy, IMO
tenor.gif

It is good, and definitely worth watching. I'm less enthusiastic about it than some of the others, but its still one of like 5 shows I actually watch.

It's a spectacular show, even overlooking the ridiculously conflicting dual roles of the principal woman character.
Yeah. I’m not sure how believable this is. It’s nearly as bad as when the wife becomes president in House of Cards.

Still, love the show. Loved both of em.

Reactions: Silent Banjo
Yeah. I’m not sure how believable this is. It’s nearly as bad as when the wife becomes president in House of Cards.

As the great film critic Roger Ebert once said, "sometimes you just leave your brain in the vestibule and go along with the plot."

Reactions: 829305

House of Cards and Homeland were two of the most disappointing shows in recent memory for me. Extraordinary first seasons only to jump the shark by season three and be nearly unwatchable.

House of Cards and Homeland were two of the most disappointing shows in recent memory for me. Extraordinary first seasons only to jump the shark by season three and be nearly unwatchable.
I quit on Homeland after season 2, I believe.

agreed, although I heard from people that Homeland actually got good again after a few bad seasons.

regarding Billions, I've heard from a lot of people who love it and a lot of people who think it's pretty meh. I haven't given it a shot...too much other TV for me to watch.

agreed, although I heard from people that Homeland actually got good again after a few bad seasons.

regarding Billions, I've heard from a lot of people who love it and a lot of people who think it's pretty meh. I haven't given it a shot...too much other TV for me to watch.
I thought they really did a disservice to Claire Danes making her essentially have a mental breakdown every season, if not multiple times per season. The producers used that character's bipolar disorder as a plot device wayyyyyyy too frequently.

I thought they really did a disservice to Claire Danes making her essentially have a mental breakdown every season, if not multiple times per season. The producers used that character's bipolar disorder as a plot device wayyyyyyy too frequently.
I agree with this. However, I think last season of Homeland was the best since season 2.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT