ADVERTISEMENT

IQ Test ~15 min for fun

I've done the same thing... Anytime I see words like that, I will look them up. Its easy to figure wht they men if/when used in a sentence...Well sometimes. All depends on who's writing the sentence..

I feel like i picked the max on every question. Dorky story--growing up my mom subscribed to readers digest. They had a section in every edition called word power and she would quiz us. I have more useless knowledge than useful in my brain. Medical terminology is all based on roots/prefixes/suffixes. It can tell you if something is long/short/up/down/internal/external/superficial/deep/origin/insertion/hot/cold. And lurker--we did have catholic mass in latin growing up.

--i also wont pretend I didnt give an educated guess a time or two. Some of the words sounded made up and some sounded like lord of the rings stuff

Yeah, understanding of roots and prefixes and suffixes is huge... lets you make some educated guesses.

See, I avoided guesses. I should go back and reread the directions... do you get punished for guesses?

BTW, you might enjoy this... my nerdy friend doctors were posting on on Facebook for a while:

Yeah, understanding of roots and prefixes and suffixes is huge... lets you make some educated guesses.

See, I avoided guesses. I should go back and reread the directions... do you get punished for guesses?

BTW, you might enjoy this... my nerdy friend doctors were posting on on Facebook for a while:

I've always been fascinated with the meanings of words----Probably since I was 12, when I really started to read. I got tired of stopping, looking up a word, then going back to reading...

I have to go over patients med lists every day. The amount of labels/generics is absurd. Its not uncommon for me to have to google a med.

I've always been fascinated with the meanings of words----Probably since I was 12, when I really started to read. I got tired of stopping, looking up a word, then going back to reading...
In the early 80's my mom got us a set of 70's encyclopedias and a World Atlas. I used to love reading those. I still have them. We got everything late. My Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 was a couple years old as well.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
In the early 80's my mom got us a set of 70's encyclopedias and a World Atlas. I used to love reading those. I still have them. We got everything late. My Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 was a couple years old as well.
Same here....I still enjoy readng them today---And the dictionary.

Not sure if pic will post from my phone. Don’t feel like uploading to an image sharing site.

I got 118. 3 scores from left to right are118, 126, 124.

Am I dumb?

Not sure if pic will post from my phone. Don’t feel like uploading to an image sharing site.

I got 118. 3 scores from left to right are118, 126, 124.

Am I dumb?

ishethough.png

Reactions: brooky03
Classic book smarts vs street smarts. Def a huge difference.

I’m not who u asked but I only took the ACT in rural Kentucky, no SAT. but I pretty much knew I wasn’t gonna go out of state for college bc of the monetary benefits of staying in state, so I never much looked into taking the SAT. Nor do I know the difference besides the grading scales are drastically different.

Reactions: toonces11
Classic book smarts vs street smarts. Def a huge difference.

I’m not who u asked but I only took the ACT in rural Kentucky, no SAT. but I pretty much knew I wasn’t gonna go out of state for college bc of the monetary benefits of staying in state, so I never much looked into taking the SAT. Nor do I know the difference besides the grading scales are drastically different.
We only had the ACT as well. I assume they are equivalent. I always felt pretty comfortable taking standardized tests—-from a getting a solid score standpoint, not the top tier level score. I’ve never really had the fire in my belly to be academically competitive. I was more of a get the job done and move on kind of student. I’ve always held the opinion that education reform needs to happen in the worst way. Many things being taught don’t seem applicable in today’s world. Particularly college and some of high school.

Totally agree. My dad is a high school math teacher and I bust his chops all the time. Like why don’t y’all have a calculator class?

Imo most advanced mathematics is pretty pointless UNLESS you want to be in a field that utilizes it, which is a minority to say the least. But you can say that about a whole lot of stuff you learn in school.

And I was the same way. I was really good at taking tests. You could give me a good study guide and I could ace tests in classes I wasn’t even in. I couldn’t remember much of it the next semester but I could knock a test out of the park.

Writing papers fml, like at this point with thousands of universities across the world, many studying the same things in civ or whatever, what’s really left to be said that hasn’t already been said. I would literally copy and paste relevant info and then just go back through it sentence by sentence and change sentence structure, or use synonyms for words so it wouldn’t flag as plagiarism.

I had one class in my major that was nothing more than write a 30 page research paper on a topic u get approved by the professor. He never even read the damn thing lmao, just ran it through the plagiarism website and gave me an A, which is why I’m not so quick to hammer UNC. There’s numerous BS college classes most everywhere I imagine. Most Colleges, like the rest of the world, first and foremost are about $$$$$$.

Last edited:
Totally agree. My dad is a high school math teacher and I bust his chops all the time. Like why don’t y’all have a calculator class?

Imo most advanced mathematics is pretty pointless UNLESS you want to be in a field that utilizes it, which is a minority to say the least. But you can say that about a whole lot of stuff you learn in school.

And I was the same way. I was really good at taking tests. You could give me a good study guide and I could ace tests in classes I wasn’t even in. I couldn’t remember much of it the next semester but I could knock a test out of the park.

Writing papers fml, like at this point with thousands of universities across the world, many studying the same things in civ or whatever, what’s really left to be said that hasn’t already been said. I would literally copy and paste relevant info and then just go back through it sentence by sentence and change sentence structure, or use synonyms for words so it wouldn’t flag as plagiarism.

I had one class in my major that was nothing more than write a 30 page research paper on a topic u get approved by the professor. He never even read the damn thing lmao, just ran it through the plagiarism website and gave me an A, which is why I’m not so quick to hammer UNC. There’s numerous BS college classes most everywhere I imagine. Most Colleges, like the rest of the world, first and foremost are about $$$$$$.
Pretty sure that is how most college papers are written. Lord knows I did that. In school everyone would have a handful of easy A classes. Basically read straight from a PowerPoint. Used to be pumped at the time. Later in life you get pissed bc you realize you paid $$$ for that bs

Yea man no lie, I got a worthless piece of paper hanging on my wall. Granted a lot of people I went to school with and had the same degree used it to get some pretty good jobs/careers.

I however did not. I Struggle with interviews, as well as not really even enjoying the work within my major. Which I changed majors like 3 times and finally stuck with something bc it was easy, so I’m More to blame than anyone. I’m very much in the category of trying to get stuff done as quickly as possible, even job interviews. I’m fairly introverted and have a bit of social anxiety so needless to say getting dressed up and talking about myself in front of people I don’t know and will likely never see again isn’t really in my wheelhouse.

Plus I feel like 4 years of college can be replaced with a month of on the job training.

GD it was fun though. Upon his graduation I had a buddy declare, man I wish college was a state and you could just move there lol

Man... I wouldnt want to give up my college education... did a lot of thinking and working and learning about interesting things, and learned some useful skills :)

Work experience is different... it’s the grind that hones you. But an education is a foundation.

Plus, it was awesome fun and I met most of my favorite people there:) 2 AM NHL 2K Hockey tournament? Hell yes!

Hahaha no I wouldn’t trade the exp or the friends for the world. The education part is another story, but again a lot of my personal experience falls on me. College truly is like they say “as good as you make it” and I didn’t fully utilize all the advantages. Plus they pulled my majors “placement program” my senior year when the housing bubble burst. Before that they would literally find you a job if u struck out in the on campus interviews that corporations would come in and hold.

if I was as good at life as I was at halo 3 I’d have it made.

Btw, if you want to know what a nerd I am, I wrote down the words I didn’t know so I could look them up afterwards. Did the same on the GREs with questions I wasn’t sure on... I remember there was one with clouds... but had to write them on my drivers license bc we couldn’t bring paper in or out:)

So there is that one unscored section on the GRE and I just assumed it would be last so just guessed on that one because I wanted to get out of there and go party. I was right that it was the last one (assume so at least unless I just got lucky) but apparently it isn't always last. So I could have been really screwed, lol. I did score higher on the writing section than a buddy of mine who is actually a writer so I used to kind of f with him pretty hard about that.

Reactions: TheDude1
I know plenty of morons who did well on their SAT too.
I’m not going to say what my current score is with that test. I was tested at 130 a long time ago. I did rush the test. However, I’ve had two brain surgeries. I used to party so I don’t know how that adds up. Trying to remember things on the fly are and recite them back is not my forte. That was bloody depressing

Reactions: UL_1986
I’m not going to say what my current score is with that test. I was tested at 130 a long time ago. I did rush the test. However, I’ve had two brain surgeries. I used to party so I don’t know how that adds up. Trying to remember things on the fly are and recite them back is not my forte. That was bloody depressing

You aren’t alone. I struggled like hell on those. In my case I think is is weed, and not a brain surgery, but... ****, remembering that stuff was hard.

Some of the most intelligent people I know were old folks who didn't finish high school and they would score low on this test.

Dude, if I was stoned I would have scored about a 12. How the **** did you hold on to ANY of that memory stuff? I couldnt do it NOT stoned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT