ADVERTISEMENT

IQ Test ~15 min for fun

I am stupid

Mar 18, 2013
Several times in the past posters intelligence has come into question. This can be due to being a fan of certain teams(UK fans= dumb), political beliefs, or answers to Would You Wednesday threads. It has been mentioned in the past that we should do an IQ test on here but they are easy to cheat, not accurate, and you can simply not post if you do not like the results. Regardless, I found one that is harder to cheat(only one section is easy to cheat on), so here we go.

Test is here- https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/FSIQ/
The Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is the measure of human cogntive ability. Scores are set so that the average is 100. There is controversey about how IQ scores should be broken down, this test uses the 3 domains from Hampshire, Highfield, Parkin and Owen (2012) of (1) Short-Term Memory, (2) Reasoning, and (3) Verbal. This model seems to fit best on internet populations.

This test has six sections. Each section has its own instructions. This test is meant to be taken solo, without references or materials. It will only be valid the first time you take it, so if you want an accurate result do not start the test until you are ready. The average person takes between 10 and 15 minutes to finish the test, and this is important.

~~~~Important instructions~~~~
DO NOT TAKE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY AND HAVE 20 MIN TO SPARE.
MAKE SURE TO READ INSTRUCTIONS. Failing to read instructions could be detrimental.
Post your results.
I will automatically deduct 15 points from everyone because I do not trust any of you. :)
Tag people ITT
Also, for memory section do not be distracted. I was listening to stuff the first few rounds and did horrible. Much better after shutting it off.

266zOb.png

PS- I don't think my IQ is that high. I personally think its about 15 points high.

Tagging people in order of their expected IQ(highest to lowest)- @Bert Higginbotha @JimboBBN @TheDude1 @SNU0821 @toonces11 @brooky03 @schoonerwest @IUfanBorden @dukedevilz @hailtoyourvictor @Jaycg15 @GhostOf301 @Ipartiedwithhopgood @UL_1986 @Global Havok @Villian07 @829305 @Random UK Fan @della @MrBaracus

I took it late last night but had been drinking whiskey for a while, lol. Pretty fun and similar to some real IQ tests I've taken before.

Reactions: I am stupid
131 is high, especially for someone with the user name "I am stupid" :)

Is there a way to cheat? That's what seems likely, but I don't know if it is possible.

I'll give it a look if I can find 20 spare minutes... that's harder to do than you'd think:(

20201012-103825.jpg

My ADD was kicking in while unscrambling words and especially with the image matching.

Alao, was so close on the distance tests but don't think I got more than two correct.

Last edited:
Wish I knew the drop off from when I was 17-18 till now to see the cumulative effects of drugs and alcohol. I can’t recall ever taking an iq test in school, just the act and I’m never gonna carve out time to do that again nor pay for it.

131 is high, especially for someone with the user name "I am stupid" :)

Is there a way to cheat? That's what seems likely, but I don't know if it is possible.

I'll give it a look if I can find 20 spare minutes... that's harder to do than you'd think:(

If a person wanted they could cheat easily in 2 sections. One section is vocabulary based. You select all words with similar meaning. So obviously just google the words and get them all right.

Next is the memory part. It flashes symbols and you have to remember them. You could record it and get them all right also. I typically do well in this category, but I think it was my worst this time. Was listening to a podcast while doing it, and that was not a good idea.

PS- It is broken down in sections. So you could do 3 or 4 minute sections at a time. One of the word sections is timed and the memory/symbol flashing is only shown once. So those are the only ones that CANT be interrupted.

PSS- I put you on the list in that position just to troll you. I think you will be probably the highest.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm too stupid to even understand how these tests determine your IQ. I range anywhere from 110-140 depending on the test. I have always done better on the memory segments than anything else. But lose focus as they go on. This one wasn't terribly long.

So far Im' last.

Still a solid score. Thats closer to what I think my actual is.

Alao, was so close on the distance tests but don't think I got more than two correct.

You don't have to get them exactly correct. The closer you are the more points you get though.

My issue with tests like these:
The section based on vocabulary doesn't seem like a good thing to base ones IQ on. I did well in this category, but I don't think having an expansive vocabulary means you have a high IQ. It is a good indicator of knowledge, such as smarter people likely read more, are exposed to more words, etc... but I don't think it is a definitive indicator.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I take it you put me in that position because I am easily the dumbest conservative on here. Eh?

After the first 4 or 5 I clicked a few threads and just started tagging people based on the first names I saw. :cool: Plus your name is hard to tag. You are like10th on the scroll list for @ ghost

Reactions: GhostOf301
I’ll give this a shot when I get to my hotel room tonight. Good way to kill 20 minutes.

If a person wanted they could cheat easily in 2 sections. One section is vocabulary based. You select all words with similar meaning. So obviously just google the words and get them all right.

Next is the memory part. It flashes symbols and you have to remember them. You could record it and get them all right also. I typically do well in this category, but I think it was my worst this time. Was listening to a podcast while doing it, and that was not a good idea.

PS- It is broken down in sections. So you could do 3 or 4 minute sections at a time. One of the word sections is timed and the memory/symbol flashing is only shown once. So those are the only ones that CANT be interrupted.

PSS- I put you on the list in that position just to troll you. I think you will be probably the highest.

Hah! That's kind, but I'm not sure I will score THAT high! A lot of pot smoking has made a wreck out of my memory... and I'm not sure I am the smartest person here regardless:) There are definitely a few very bright people here!

And yeah, vocab as a measure of IQ seems off. I mean... I suppose there is likely some correlation between intelligence and reading, and intelligence and holding onto definitions... but still, seems flawed.

Well, I started it, and just as I got to the part where you have to figure out which longer combos of letters form words, I got pulled into a zoom meeting about diversity, and I couldn't focus on both:( I think I would do TERRIBLE anyway... I am REALLY bad at that sort of thing, and there is a reason I ****ing hate scrabble:)

Last edited:
Ughhhh and I didn't understand the stupid green box thing for the first few:)

My IQ is going to be like an 83. I apologize in advance:)

Oh yeah, I bombed a bit:(

Edit: Oh, is that thing in verbal, the A: one, is that the scramble? That makes sense. ****, and that CP thing, that's gotta be the green box one. It took me a few to figure out.

And ****, the memory man... maybe it would have been better 20 years of pot smoking ago, but man, I couldn't hold on to a damn thing:( But I can tell you all about the law and our district policy about kids coming out to teachers!

dude.png

Last edited:
Given that 130+ is the top of the IQ scale in many measures... either this forum is 75 percent geniuses, or maybe the test scores aren’t accurate :)

Reactions: Villian07
I just ran through the first few sections, looks the same, although the order of the questions might be different?

Wait wait, you got 100 percent on that first part? I gotta say, there were a few words there I didn’t know.

Last edited:
Btw, if you want to know what a nerd I am, I wrote down the words I didn’t know so I could look them up afterwards. Did the same on the GREs with questions I wasn’t sure on... I remember there was one with clouds... but had to write them on my drivers license bc we couldn’t bring paper in or out:)

Btw, if you want to know what a nerd I am, I wrote down the words I didn’t know so I could look them up afterwards. Did the same on the GREs with questions I wasn’t sure on... I remember there was one with clouds... but had to write them on my drivers license bc we couldn’t bring paper in or out:)
You should work some of your new words into a political rant.

Reactions: TheDude1
I've done the same thing... Anytime I see words like that, I will look them up. Its easy to figure wht they men if/when used in a sentence...Well sometimes. All depends on who's writing the sentence..

Reactions: TheDude1
I feel like i picked the max on every question. Dorky story--growing up my mom subscribed to readers digest. They had a section in every edition called word power and she would quiz us. I have more useless knowledge than useful in my brain. Medical terminology is all based on roots/prefixes/suffixes. It can tell you if something is long/short/up/down/internal/external/superficial/deep/origin/insertion/hot/cold. And lurker--we did have catholic mass in latin growing up.

--i also wont pretend I didnt give an educated guess a time or two. Some of the words sounded made up and some sounded like lord of the rings stuff

I feel like i picked the max on every question. Dorky story--growing up my mom subscribed to readers digest. They had a section in every edition called word power and she would quiz us. I have more useless knowledge than useful in my brain. Medical terminology is all based on roots/prefixes/suffixes. It can tell you if something is long/short/up/down/internal/external/superficial/deep/origin/insertion.

--i also wont pretend I didnt give an educated guess a time or two. Some of the words sounded made up and some sounded like lord of the rings stuff
I helped my wife study for her state license and this came into play a lot.

The tests are the same, but they do change up the order of it all. I expected the results to be higher than normal. I believe some studies in the past stated that college BB fans were of higher intelligence than the average person. Mainly due to people supporting schools they attended. So I'm not shocked by the results so far.

ADVERTISEMENT