ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State @ Iowa -4

Honestly, Iowa is going to truck them. It won't be close. I'm guess 8 before the ft set in and they start fouling, and it will end up 14

Reactions: hawkit3113
Honestly, Iowa is going to truck them. It won't be close. I'm guess 8 before the ft set in and they start fouling, and it will end up 14
From what I saw, in the last 2 weeks Iowa lost to teams with a pulse such as TCU & Duke, While Iowa state was beating high caliber teams like UNC, Villanova and St. John.

I could be wrong, but I think ISU will beat Iowa tonight.

From what I saw, in the last 2 weeks Iowa lost to teams with a pulse such as TCU & Duke, While Iowa state was beating high caliber teams like UNC, Villanova and St. John.

I could be wrong, but I think ISU will beat Iowa tonight.
animal-house-zero-point-zero.gif

UNC is basically the same the team that was the runner up last season.
Yes, the same team that was an 8 seed in the tourney but happened to catch lightning in a bottle for a good tourney run. They were never a great team to begin with though, as shown by their current 4-game losing streak. Manek was also more valuable than Nance, imo.

Yes, the same team that was an 8 seed in the tourney but happened to catch lightning in a bottle for a good tourney run. They were never a great team to begin with though, as shown by their current 4-game losing streak. Manek was also more valuable than Nance, imo.
Even without Manek UNC is still a big, good, battle tested veteran team, but for some strange reasons they're not playing as a team and it shows as they lost 4 straight. imo, it just a matter of time before they're back on their feet. FWIW, ISU did beat them when UNC was #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Even without Manek UNC is still a big, good, battle tested veteran team, but for some strange reasons they're not playing as a team and it shows as they lost 4 straight. imo, it just a matter of time before they're back on their feet. FWIW, ISU did beat then when UNC was #1.
They played without Bacot last game but I think he's good to go again now. They were just way over-ranked to start the season, much like UCLA was last year after going from the First Four to the Final Four and then (ironically) losing to UNC in the Sweet 16.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
So, Murray is out with plantar fasciitis? Pf is super painful and annoying, but I didn't think it was debilitating. I ran an entire track season with it - didn't take any time off. Just did a lot of those tennis ball stretches with the foot.

Reactions: hawkit3113
So, Murray is out with plantar fasciitis? Pf is super painful and annoying, but I didn't think it was debilitating. I ran an entire track season with it - didn't take any time off. Just did a lot of those tennis ball stretches with the foot.
PF can be really bad and take a long time for recovery. Or it can be pretty mild and no big deal. This could be bad news for me.

That was an awesome game, too. Shannon finally decided to show up after snoozing through most of the game and it was good night Longhorns.
Shannon was completely afraid to drive the ball after his first charge.

Plus he is a showman and wanted it to go to OT, so he could go pull out the full hawg on his former coach

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
PF can be really bad and take a long time for recovery. Or it can be pretty mild and no big deal. This could be bad news for me.

The basketball gods look after me - and they were greatly displeased when you undermined my plans to take Murray in the 3rd round. There's no other reasonable explanation for this injury.

The basketball gods look after me - and they were greatly displeased when you undermined my plans to take Murray in the 3rd round. There's no other reasonable explanation for this injury.
I'll accept that. Basketball Gods have always hated me. They didn't like that I never played a minute of organized basketball (played hockey instead) and then when I decided to take up the sport full time after high school I ended up being really good. They responded by giving me 3 back surgeries before age 30 from basketball and forcing me to retire from teh sport forever.

Then last year they took Sasser from me. And now Murray.

**** you basketball gods!

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'll accept that. Basketball Gods have always hated me. They didn't like that I never played a minute of organized basketball (played hockey instead) and then when I decided to take up the sport full time after high school I ended up being really good. They responded by giving me 3 back surgeries before age 30 from basketball and forcing me to retire from teh sport forever.

Then last year they took Sasser from me. And now Murray.

**** you basketball gods!

That makes a lot of sense.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT