ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa offers Reed Shepherd out of Kentucky

UL way more likely than UK
Word on Iowa board is that Cal and his dad don't like each other. What's that about? That's unfortunate. Not because of the recruiting thing, but just when alums don't feel welcomish or whatever in the current program.

Sheppard played for Pitino at UK and against Cal in college. So he always felt more welcome at Louisville when Pitino was there than with Calipari at UK. I think that's a normal feeling to feel closer to a coach rather than a school.

He also isn't a big fan of the one and done system and prefers a more normal/balanced approach rather than a new roster every year. I don't think there is any deep hate or disdain between them.

Calipari could probably reel him in if he really tried. No indication he will do that. If you see Duke or UNC get involved, that might change. Also offered by Pitino at Iona and Tubby Smith at High Point.

All jokes aside, I’m not sure he is the caliber of player Cal normally goes after, although he has made exceptions (Willis off the top of my head) with instate kids who weren’t 5 stars.

Im not sure if Louisville is recruiting him or not, I hope we are but I’m not sure. Is he a 2022 kid?

All jokes aside, I’m not sure he is the caliber of player Cal normally goes after, although he has made exceptions (Willis off the top of my head) with instate kids who weren’t 5 stars.

Im not sure if Louisville is recruiting him or not, I hope we are but I’m not sure. Is he a 2022 kid?

Reactions: Villian07
I beat you to the punch, nerd.
Thanks, for coming back at me. I appreciate it. I was feeling a little guilty for that joke.
FWIW, I still think Cal is a great coach and will get y'all turned around sooner or later.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
At some point Cal has to put Kentucky first.., right?

They provided him with a platform to end generational poverty. Can they get a return on their investment?
If the kid is good enough, he should get an offer. If not, he shouldn’t. Rest is kind of MAGA bs

If the kid is good enough, he should get an offer. If not, he shouldn’t. Rest is kind of MAGA bs

Yea we have homeboarders who think we should offer every three star kid and above from the city of Louisville.

Granted some underrated ones got away in Kelan Martin, Powell from Auburn, and sutton initially,

Yea we have homeboarders who think we should offer every three star kid and above from the city of Louisville.

Granted some underrated ones got away in Kelan Martin, Powell from Auburn, and sutton initially,
I don’t have a problem with offering maybe one a year for continuity, if they have potential to actually contribute. Meanwhile Reed Sheppard is a sophomore in high school and this isn’t Billy Gillispie ball.

Somewhat agree, but some years we have spare scholarships or have given spots to kids who couldn't make the starting lineup for a local church league because their family friends/ donors family. So if there's room even if it's just a PWO I'd rather it go to somebody like that then other options.

Of course it's still early on, so a lot could change.

So if there's room even if it's just a PWO I'd rather it go to somebody like that then other options.
You sure? They’d be a lot harder to get into playing shape after being cooped up for so long. :(

742a683b961a40f5da01593302277aec.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of odd; My family and I went out to eat here in my town and we saw the Sheppards/Reids at the table next to us. Reed was there, and as we were leaving I looked at Jeff & Stacy, pointed to Reed (behind him) and did a fist pump for him signing with UK. They all laughed. I thought how weird it is to be eating with a kid that is a topic on a national college board?

Incredibly gracious family. Fandom is a weird thing.

ADVERTISEMENT