ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa gets the BT their 1st bowl win

nitewing

Sep 19, 2017
to start the bowls season and snaps a 5 bowl game losing streak 27-20 over BC of the ACC.
Iowa had 200 yards of total offense vs 383 total yards for BC
player of the game Wadley
88 yards rushing on 22 carries,
24 yards receiving
171 return yards on 5 attempts.
283 total yards,

Reactions: Mgkcbb
I had them -3.5 so am glad. I'm also glad I forgot how terrible they are in bowl games since I probably would have gone the other way had I remembered that.
in most bowl games they were the under dogs to ranked opponents.
this game they had to adjust their OL, as their LT RSFR Jackson was suspended because of breaking team rules
in his place FR Wirfs made his 1st start at LT after starting the previous 6 games at RT
RSSO Levi Paulson made his 1st start at RT and it looks like he will replace RSSR Welsh at RG,

the BC defense was geared to stop Wadley

Yeah, I thought they did a pretty solid job in the second half of imposing their will. Honestly, in better conditions I think the game would have been more lopsided as Iowa had the better passing game. Early on BC ruled the LOS on both sides. Iowa did a nice job in the second.

yes the field became more slippery as the night went on. Yankee stadium field does not have their field heated like most of the northern FB Stadiums.

It’s not very often that a team gets doubled up on in yardage and still wins, Iowa did just that.

It’s not very often that a team gets doubled up on in yardage and still wins, Iowa did just that.
that's why stats are for losers and liars. Iowa played on a short field as they had 2 INT's and 1 Fumble recovery that all led to scores the 1st was from 6 yards out as the INT was downed at the BC 6 yard line.

my apologies for starting this on the BB board as I was switching between the FB board and the BB board.
BC gained 300 yards in the 1st half and 83 in the 2nd half. Wadley had 283 total all purpose yards,

Reactions: Mgkcbb
that's why stats are for losers and liars. Iowa played on a short field as they had 2 INT's and 1 Fumble recovery that all led to scores the 1st was from 6 yards out as the INT was downed at the BC 6 yard line.
Said a fan of a team that won even though they sucked.

the
Said a fan of a team that won even though they sucked.
they won 27-20 and that is the only stat that counts.
Purdue had 555 total yards and won 38-35
guess what they both get credit for 1 win not 1 and a 1/2 for Purdue because they gained more yards.

Iowa also had a change to their OL
RT FR Wirfs made his 1st start at LT because RSFR Jackson was suspened for team rules violation
RSSO Levi Paulson made his 1st ever start at RT after being the back up at RG, making next years OL look like this
LT RSSO Jackson
LG SR Render
C SR Daniels
RG RSJR Paulson
RT SO Wirfs

ADVERTISEMENT