ADVERTISEMENT

Instagram getting rid of likes

20190509_181225_zpsidrgx9ja.jpg

Mercy post.

20190509-181225-zpsidrgx9ja.jpg

I was just checking to see if it had to do with what thread it was in. Turns out, I just suck no matter what thread.
It's not you. I tried with your same link and it failed (if I quote you, I can see the link and it shows up). I only got it to work by saving the image and reuploading it to a different img hosting site.

So, what's the story with that tree?

Last edited:
Turns out, according to dictionary dot com, it's called the circle game.

The Circle Game is an activity where one person makes a “circle” with their fingers and holds it below their waist, convincing a second person to look at it. If the second person looks, they receive a punch to the shoulder.

Playable anywhere, the Circle Game is initiated when one person makes a circle with their forefinger and thumb, resembling the OK gesture, and holds it below waist-level. If someone else makes eye contact with the circle, then the “circler” gets to punch them in the arm. Players especially enjoy the gamein inappropriate situations, sometimes setting elaborate or creative traps for their target.

In one common variation of the Circle Game, if the target person breaks the circle with their finger, they get to punch the “circler” instead.

The origins of the Circle Game are disputed. People anecdotally recall playing the game in the schoolyard in the 1970–80s. Vice traced the game to one, Matthew Nelson, who claims credit for inventing it in New Bremen, Ohio in the early 1980s—though there’s no proof he either created or named the game. The TV show Malcolm in the Middle, which featured the game, helped popularize the Circle Game in the 2000s.

In the 2010s, references to the Circle Game have grown in popularity, often as an online meme, marking a new digital era of the schoolyard game. Its contemporary usage may be driven by millennial nostalgia (or an effort to capitalize on it) or simply by the possibilities the internet has opened up for the game.

Pictures of people making the circle with their hand, particularly as a way to photobomb an otherwise serious photograph, are often accompanied by the phrase got ‘em or simply gotem, meaning that the circling hand has “got” whoever is looking at it. Not surprisingly, the popularity of the Circle Gameand “got ‘em” has been commercialized to sell t-shirts and coffee mugs.

Yeah, some dudes did it when I was in HS. Now my 14-year-old does it as well. We are currently in WWIII right now with him because he wants Instagram and our condition is that his username is not his actual name. He seems to think this is the most unfair thing ever and is currently acting pretty absurd about it. Thankfully he is at the grandparents house tonight so he can turkey hunt in the morning or else his mother would probably finish him tonight.

Yeah, some dudes did it when I was in HS. Now my 14-year-old does it as well. We are currently in WWIII right now with him because he wants Instagram and our condition is that his username is not his actual name. He seems to think this is the most unfair thing ever and is currently acting pretty absurd about it. Thankfully he is at the grandparents house tonight so he can turkey hunt in the morning or else his mother would probably finish him tonight.
Tell him it's now taboo and he should never play it again.

It's not you. I tried with your same link and it failed (if I quote you, I can see the link and it shows up). I only got it to work by saving the image and reuploading it to a different img hosting site.

So, what's the story with that tree?
It is one of the trees getting taken down this week. Was trying to post it in the other thread. Wasn't sure what picture it was, it just happened to be the first one in the clipboard.

Did you get fat or something in '08 and lost a few inches?
It was just the year everyone's dick got smaller. And they lost their balls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT