ADVERTISEMENT

"Inside the Dark World of Internet Trolls"

Spoiler: Turns out it's NOT just UK fans afterall. :confused: Also, for those who want to ride the UK-harasser wave . . . of the 700 or so losses in UK history, only one ref has been actively sought out. One. Not saying it's right, but that's to provide a little perspective.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2018/03/29/twitter-internet-trolls-sports-athletes

Perspective? Am I getting tolled in the thread about trolls? Hey you can murder someone, it's only 1 out of 6 billion people, not that big of a deal.

When you give everyone in the world a voice via social media which is what has happened over the last 15 years then you are going to have extreme voices being heard. Just like with anything among 6 billion people, some will be substantially more atheltic than others, some will be smarter, and some will be the best at trolling on the internet. You cant stop it, the pandora's box has been open for way too long to try and shut it down now, all you can do is create legal precedents to atleast make people think twice before mouthing off on the internet.

I'm not sure how you think creating this thread is going to help. Just stop talking about a game that happened over a year ago and move on. UK fans (not all but 99% of them easily) bitch about calls in every game, including the ones you win. Just accept it, it's what you guys do, even the good posters on this board are really bad about it.

In the spirit of bringing up games in which UK fans bitched about refs, I'm going to go bump one of my all time favorite threads...

I'm not sure how you think creating this thread is going to help. Just stop talking about a game that happened over a year ago and move on. UK fans (not all but 99% of them easily) bitch about calls in every game, including the ones you win. Just accept it, it's what you guys do, even the good posters on this board are really bad about it.

In the spirit of bringing up games in which UK fans bitched about refs, I'm going to go bump one of my all time favorite threads...
This one was better.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/homecooking-was-strong-tonight-at-allen-fieldhouse.417828/

just bumped the Kansas/UK game thread, didn't remember that one.

Folks, you have GOT to learn to let things go! These threads are two years old. Can't you see the emotional toll that this fascination of yours is taking on your friends? Your family? Your jobs? Your LIVES!?

Can't you see that we all LOVE YOU, damn it?!

rs_350x197-140123124348-look-at-your-life-look-at-your-choices.gif

Those are honestly some of the worst trolling attempts that I've ever seen

…create legal precedents to atleast make people think twice before mouthing off on the internet.

freedom of expression (like all freedoms) are concomitant with responsibility and America already has plenty of laws covering these misbehaviors

just hold folks to the legal responsibilities already in force and it’ll work itself out

ADVERTISEMENT