ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana needs to get…

It’s shit together. Auburn stroked Syracuse just last Friday by 20. Purdue about to be number 1 in the country. Sad to see for the Hoosiers.
Brand new coach. You're going to have to wait to see how he does recruiting wise. Considering how Purdue has been doing lately though, it will be a tough job to do. If he can get them back to being good again, it could be a lot of fun.

I know one fan who’d LOVE to see IU return to prominence; @pig1960. I know he’s loving him some #1 ranking of his Boilers!
Have to win Friday first. Purdue has been here before. Everyone above them loses and get a key injury, then drop the next game. Beat Iowa, then Purdue is #1.

There are going to be a lot of IU fans becoming Iowa fans come Friday night 🤣

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It’s shit together. Auburn stroked Syracuse just last Friday by 20. Purdue about to be number 1 in the country. Sad to see for the Hoosiers.
Turnovers man......26 of them. Woody has to fix that----quick.

IU shot 55% overall....40% from three(4th straight game), 74% FT line, and out rebounded SU, 46-31. Those numbers win games---a lot of them. But 26 turnovers to 12, does not.

Cut those to 12/15 last night, and Indiana rolls. Gotta get it fixed.

Colgate beat Syracuse by 15 and hung 100 on them, at Syracuse.
Yep.....They hit 18 three's(41%)....SU was awful from there(7-23, 30%). Biggest difference---Colgate only turned it over 11 times....

We have to fix the turnovers....

1st half we were awful vs the zone, and horrible defensively...2nd half we destroyed the zone, and defended much better.

Yep.....They hit 18 three's(41%)....SU was awful from there(7-23, 30%). Biggest difference---Colgate only turned it over 11 times....

We have to fix the turnovers....

1st half we were awful vs the zone, and horrible defensively...2nd half we destroyed the zone, and defended much better.

I thought that Marshal game would have you guys prepped, lol

Big West Champs, 7-0, #1 Wrestling in the county.

Eat it and like it
SIOqMbS.gif

The best thing about IU basketball fans is that the vast majority don't watch much basketball outside of watching IU yet, for some reason, they think they know more about the game than the rest of it because they are "blue blood" IU fans. Hell, I know more about IU basketball than 95% of them and, as a PU fan, Lafayette native and PU grad living south of I 70 I DESPISE IU. I do watch all their games though.

What the hell are they going to do this year when they face a team that even remotely tries to defend?

Big West Champs, 7-0, #1 Wrestling in the county.

Eat it and like it
This reminds me of the first time I went to Iowa city for a Purdue versus Iowa basketball game. Purdue was top 15 good and Iowa as pretty bad, maybe towards the end of the Todd Likliter (sp?) years. The bus that was taking us stopped at a mall of some sort to allow us to grab some food and use the restroom, we were walking around this mall in our Purdue gear, and some old guy walks up to us and says “we missed you at the wrestling match last night didn’t we? Guess you all didn’t want to come to that, only the game you might win?” We were so confused, did this dude think we were going to come watch a wrestling match? A road wrestling match? Did Purdue really wrestle them last night? Do they even allow fans at wrestling matches?

If that guy meant to savagely burn me in a way I’d remember 15 years later, he did a damn good job

This reminds me of the first time I went to Iowa city for a Purdue versus Iowa basketball game. Purdue was top 15 good and Iowa as pretty bad, maybe towards the end of the Todd Likliter (sp?) years. The bus that was taking us stopped at a mall of some sort to allow us to grab some food and use the restroom, we were walking around this mall in our Purdue gear, and some old guy walks up to us and says “we missed you at the wrestling match last night didn’t we? Guess you all didn’t want to come to that, only the game you might win?” We were so confused, did this dude think we were going to come watch a wrestling match? A road wrestling match? Did Purdue really wrestle them last night? Do they even allow fans at wrestling matches?

If that guy meant to savagely burn me in a way I’d remember 15 years later, he did a damn good job

Shitty burn or attempt I should say. But yes, we pretty sell out Carver every meet. Wrestling is huge here. We are one of the only wrestling programs that actually makes money.

The best thing about IU basketball fans is that the vast majority don't watch much basketball outside of watching IU yet, for some reason, they think they know more about the game than the rest of it because they are "blue blood" IU fans. Hell, I know more about IU basketball than 95% of them and, as a PU fan, Lafayette native and PU grad living south of I 70 I DESPISE IU. I do watch all their games though.

What the hell are they going to do this year when they face a team that even remotely tries to defend?
I enjoy lurking on other teams’ forums to see how different B1G fan bases look at things (and because Illinois’ Rivals site isn’t free…), and I have kind of noticed this, as well. Indiana’s fans - at least on the Rivals board - seem to post about college basketball outside of their own state WAY less than most fan bases. Very insular perspective.

It's not a very happy time to be an IU fan. Their football team had lofty expectations and fell flat on their face, while their rival greatly exceeded expectations, kicked Indiana's ass, and will be off to a sunny bowl destination for the holidays. Meanwhile, that same hated rival is about to be ranked #1 in basketball, while their team is unranked, plays a boring, creampuff schedule, and predictably stepped on its own dick the first time they left Assembly Hole.

They're being summarily dismissed in both sports, while Purdue has TWO of the most talked-about programs in the country this year.

All of this has made them absolutely MISERABLE and they are grasping at anything to make themselves feel better. Rest assured, there will be a freaking parade in Bloomington when Purdue loses its first basketball game this season.

Reactions: B-Westy

I highly doubt this....But now if someone had said, "I kow more about PU basketball than 95% of their fans....I could understand that. After all, there really isn't much to know....

BTW, thank you for watching Indiana.....

ANd I watch a ton of basketball....And not just ACC, B10, SEC, etc....I've worked in the OVC, SunBelt, Atlantic SUn, etc, etc...I know a lot about those teams.

And speaking of facing teams the remotely tries to defend.....I mean can't the same be said about Purdue? Best defensive team ya'll have faced is Villanova----and they currently sit like 50th defensively...Iowa is 80th. Its not like you dudes are dropping90ppg vs Top 20 defenses or something....Now, with that being said---Purdue is absolutely terrific offensively....And the defenseis getting there....Same IMO with Indiana...Just not on the level of Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT