ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/Kentucky: Its time to get this game back...

The big programs choose to bet on one hit wonders instead of tried and true. They usually pay dearly for it.
I like you. I understand your angle. I'd do the same.

Already gave all/everyone notice we'll be in Knoxville Jan 1st.

See, you can't help yourself. I have never said UT had a better historical record than UK. It simply has never been argued by me, so for you to inject it into a conversation shows your pathetic need to feel superior. I suppose this is why UK fans are scarcer than hens teeth on a CFB board.Laughing
misspelling of words and bringing up football on a basketball board...yep you’re a UT fan. Hey, junior why don’t you go over to the CFB board so you can post a “hey remember 1998!” thread.

misspelling of words and bringing up football on a basketball board...yep you’re a UT fan. Hey, junior why don’t you go over to the CFB board so you can post a “hey remember 1998!” thread.
When you can formulate a complete sentence get back to me on spelling. Are you a graduate of the Gilligan school of thread writing?

I'm not the one that brags about past successes, you have not heard me gloating about cfb victories of the past.

The only way you even know there is any board other then CBB is noticing me mention it.

I like how you're arguing a point that I didn't even make.

I haven't called the SEC a "better" conference. Thats a purely subjective opinion.

I have said it is better at preparing teams to win championships, and the objective facts back that up. Do you realize how stupid it is to argue otherwise? Of course not, because you are sitting here doing it.

You can pick any year in history and the SEC has more titles than the B1G since that point in time. You can say "well if you take out UK or UF" all you want, but it just so happens that UK and UF are in the SEC.
The SEC is UK and Florida, bro. That is it. Period. End of discussion. Arkansas was a gift in 1991, and haven't done shit since their title in 94. When you have a team finish SECOND in your conference, and they go to the ****ing NIT----that tells ya all ya need to know.

But hey, lets go by your logic---SEC is better at preparing TEAMS for championships---therefore they are better than the Big 10. Well I guess that mean you feel the PAC 12 is a better conference than the SEC? After all, they have "prepared" teams to win 16 national titles(UCLA, Arizona, Oregon, Utah , Cal and Stanford). I mean shit, actually, the PAC 12 is THE conference. After all, they have help prepare the most teams to win championships....Edged out the ACC by one(they have 15).

Anyways, back to your original statement: The SEC is better at preparing TEAMS, to win championships...Weird.

SEC has 3 teams that have won a title: UK, FLorida, and Arkansas.
Big 10 has 5 teams: Indiana, Michigan, MSU, OSU and Wisconsin.

If the SEC is better at preparing TEAMS, then how do you explain the Big 10 having more TEAMS that have won titles?

Sure the SEC has more overall---11-10. But you said TEAMS. Well, I mean, last I checked, 5>3.

Just using your logic, bro...

It is so sad to see this addled old man barking at the moon. No one has stated UT has a CBB Championship. The only thing that has been argued is that UT is kicking UK's ass on the regular now and old Championships from the past are not an effective Salve against the sting.

Once a man, twice a child...

• Wow
Reactions: cdbearde
It is so sad to see this addled old man barking at the moon. No one has stated UT has a CBB Championship. The only thing that has been argued is that UT is kicking UK's ass on the regular now and old Championships from the past are not an effective Salve against the sting.

Easy young lady, let's not stereotype. :)

Is there any benefit to UK playing this series? Beating IU doesn't have the prestige it did in the 70s.
There is a benefit if the fans want it. Do the UK/IU fans look back fondly to when UK played IU or not? Would they like to make it a seasonal game?

On a scale of 1-10, just how much do you hate UK?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
There is a benefit if the fans want it. Do the UK/IU fans look back fondly to when UK played IU or not? Would they like to make it a seasonal game?
Really, the only IU v UK game that UK fans look at as a great win would be the 1975 NCAAT game. Maybe the FF game in 2012 if you want to reach.

Really, the only IU v UK game that UK fans look at as a great win would be the 1975 NCAAT game. Maybe the FF game in 2012 if you want to reach.
That wasn't the question. As a UK fan would you like a yearly rivalry with IU? Was there anything special about it in the past? If so, do you think yearly match up would be a good thing or just meh?

That wasn't the question. As a UK fan would you like a yearly rivalry with IU? Was there anything special about it in the past? If so, do you think yearly match up would be a good thing or just meh?
They celebrate to the 10's when winning.
Sound familiar?
Beating UK is the standard for our rivals.

They celebrate to the 10's when winning.
Sound familiar?
Beating UK is the standard for our rivals.
Why avoid the questions I put to y'all? Do you wish y'all played them or not? There is no right or wrong answer.

Why avoid the questions I put to y'all? Do you wish y'all played them or not? There is no right or wrong answer.
I missed the question. What was it?

You do agree beating UK is better than a Final Four?
Nevermind. You don't know what it's like to be in the final four.

😜 Do you believe it fits all men? And do you feel comfortable using that phrase? 👍
If they live long enough, pretty much. Obviously I do since I used it.

It means, first you are a child and then you grow up to be a man. Then old age brings diminished mental and physical changes and you metaphorically go back to child. It is just part of the circle of life.

Last edited:
If they live long enough, pretty mush. Obviously I do since I used it.

It means, first you are a child and then you grow up to be a man. Then old age brings diminished mental and physical changes and you metaphorically go back to child. It is just part of the circle of life.
When will UT become a man?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I'm slow but I'm understanding your mindset. UT fan. Your extent of success is based on UK.

Lil surprised you admit it.
I believe that you're slower then you think. You're over analyzing it. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. The question was about renewing the IU/UK game. UT doesn't figure into it.

When will UT become a man?
The UT men's CBB program is full of men. When will UK's male CBB team grow up to the point they don't have to rely on their grandfather's accomplishments?

The UT men's CBB program is full of men. When will UK's male CBB team grow up to the point they don't have to rely on their grandfather's accomplishments?
Not sure. UT holds ppl back. UK puts up freshman.

Seriously why do you all hold them back?

Not sure. UT holds ppl back. UK puts up freshman.

Seriously why do you all hold them back?
College has always been a 3 or 4 year proposition. What kinda majors do kids that only plan on attending for 1 year take?

Definitely meh, IU is not what they were in the 70's and/or 80's. There are some that think they have lost their blue blood status.
They just aren't anything to get excited about any longer. Maybe if they had a bigger name coach it would help, but Miller is a very average coach that doesn’t do.much to stir the pot.

I really don’t care anymore about it. This from someone whose been to multiple games at RCA dome, Freedom Hall, and Assembly Hall.

I am sending a note to UK not to even consider renewing the series.

IU stopped the football series because they could never win but want the basketball series restarted because they think that they can win 1 out of 5.

Screw IU. In 2012 they acted like asses.

Right on queue....

BTW----IU leads the football series, 18-17. As for the basketball side----past 10 years, its UK 6-4. With IU winning 2 of the past 3. A far cry from, " 1 out of 5".. SmokinSmile

That 2012 game in Bloomington has a lot of you mentally scarred...Laughing
IU fans acted like the caddy’s on pool day in caddyshack. They ruined it for themselves and then went out and got eliminated right out of the tournament by UK later that season. The celebrating trash got took out. IU isnt worth the gas to get there.

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT