ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/Kentucky: Its time to get this game back...

Oh, you mean year 15 of your conference still not winning shit? SmokinSmile

Hell, we can take it back to 1990 and your conference still only has 1 title. The "mighty" B1G. RollLaugh
Do you realize how stupid it is to argue a conference is better, because a SINGLE team, wins a single elimination tournament?

Of course you don't. If not for Billy Donovan, the SEC would still be the one trick pony it's always been: Kentucky.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
****in' trouble maker...
source.gif

That's not true Scotty, I give them hell when they use it as a crutch.

As a crutch? Why would any UK fan use our past success as a crutch? We’ve been good pretty much since day one. Do we have a down year every now and then? Yes! But when you talk about dominance an excellence UK is right there.

As a crutch? Why would any UK fan use our past success as a crutch? We’ve been good pretty much since day one. Do we have a down year every now and then? Yes! But when you talk about dominance an excellence UK is right there.
I don't know why they do it Scotty. You should ask one.

Just curious. Is history in sports the only history you don't like, or do you discount history across the board?

USA is back to back World War champs. Does that mean anything?
It means nothing to the 20-21 CBB season.

losers claim dominance over a timeframe. Winners use their entire history and claim dominance “we have more wins over UK than anyone!” guess what junior? you also have the most losses against UK.
Winners claim wins when they win and they accept a loss with grace and no excuses or any attempt to diminish another teams win.

It means nothing to the 20-21 CBB season.

So then why do you talk about UT’s record against UK the last two years if the past don’t matter? Again, just so you know everybody knows why you don’t like talking about the past.

Reactions: RunninRichie
So then why do you talk about UT’s record against UK the last two years if the past don’t matter? Again, just so you know everybody knows why you don’t like talking about the past.
I don't mind talking about the past at all. Furthermore, I don't begrudge UK her great CBB history. I only take issue when y'all run back to the 1930's or 40's ect.. to attempt to diminish my team's recent success.

Just so you know, everyone knows why some of y'all do that.

Do you realize how stupid it is to argue a conference is better, because a SINGLE team, wins a single elimination tournament?

Of course you don't.
I like how you're arguing a point that I didn't even make.

I haven't called the SEC a "better" conference. Thats a purely subjective opinion.

I have said it is better at preparing teams to win championships, and the objective facts back that up. Do you realize how stupid it is to argue otherwise? Of course not, because you are sitting here doing it.

You can pick any year in history and the SEC has more titles than the B1G since that point in time. You can say "well if you take out UK or UF" all you want, but it just so happens that UK and UF are in the SEC.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don't mind talking about the past at all. Furthermore, I don't begrudge UK her great CBB history. I only take issue when y'all run back to the 1930's or 40's ect.. to attempt to diminish my team's recent success.

They do? Good! Then they know we do it to point out the fact that we have been dominant from day one! We don’t just cherry pick a year here or a year there. We point it out because we have been good for a really long time! Like I said, other teams have had a good 2 or 3 year stretch against UK before and then fall back to the bottom. If you get this excited over UT‘s greatest team ever making an elite 8 I don’t think you can handle being a UK fan and going to Final 4’s and winning titles.

They do? Good! Then they know we do it to point out the fact that we have been dominant from day one! We don’t just cherry pick a year here or a year there. We point it out because we have been good for a really long time! Like I said, other teams have had a good 2 or 3 year stretch against UK before and then fall back to the bottom. If you get this excited over UT‘s greatest team ever making an elite 8 I don’t think you can handle being a UK fan and going to Final 4’s and winning titles.
Like I said, I don't mind UK's past success except when you try to diminish others accomplishments in the here and now. It's like y'all are needy little crybabies when something current is brought up about teams today that doesn't favor UK.

You're right, I couldn't handle being a UK fan. I wouldn't be happy spending 365 days of the year on the CBB board when there are other sports being played. It would be too boring in May and July. I suppose y'all can run over to Bert's place and he can go down to the cellar and pull out and dust off some of the vintage 1920's Cats games. Whoa boy!!

Like I said, I don't mind UK's past success except when you try to diminish others accomplishments in the here and now. It's like y'all are needy little crybabies when something current is brought up about teams today that doesn't favor UK.

You're right, I couldn't handle being a UK fan. I wouldn't be happy spending 365 days of the year on the CBB board when there are other sports being played. It would be too boring in May and July. I suppose y'all can run over to Bert's place and he can go down to the cellar and pull out and dust off some of the vintage 1920's Cats games. Whoa boy!!
smh. Bert doesn't have a cellar.

It's cute you're trying stereotype a UK fan. You're right you couldn't handle being a UK fan. It seems you can only focus on a couple of seasons at a time.

Also, we're not diminishing others by talking about ourselves. Others read our accomplishments and feel diminished. That's not on UK fans.

You make fun of what you don't have.

Last edited:

It's cute you're trying stereotype a UK fan. You're right you couldn't handle being a UK fan. It seems you can only focus on a couple of seasons at a time.

Also, we're not diminishing others by talking about ourselves. Others read our accomplishments and feel diminished. That's not on UK fans.
He does have lots of old Cats CBB games, he said he did. I threw the cellar and vintage in for a wine reference.

Yes you do attempt to diminish others by referencing the past. Y'all are so needy, you can't accept that you got beat or some other team is doing better then UK, so you try to mitigate the disparity by reaching back into the past, like that somehow matters.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
He does have lots of old Cats CBB games, he said he did. I threw the cellar and vintage in for a wine reference.

Yes you do attempt to diminish others by referencing the past. Y'all are so needy, you can't accept that you got beat or some other team is doing better then UK, so you try to mitigate the disparity by reaching back into the past, like that somehow matters.

I've never diminished UT's recent wins. You won fair and square. However..., you seem hellbent on diminishing our history of success against UT and the rest of the NCAA.

Everyone sees your crutch of "recent". It's lazy and easy, but understandable.

Last edited:
I've never diminished UT's recent wins. You won fair and square. However..., you seem hellbent on diminishing our history of success against UT and the rest of the NCAA.

Everyone sees your crutch of "recent". It's lazy and easy, but understandable.
The only problem with what you're saying is that it is not true. I never bring up y'all's history. However, if I say something about UT, you can bet y'all will mention it. All you have to do is read this thread to verify that.

Lurker, you seem fairly smart for a UK fan. It is on you to understand what I'm saying when I'm speaking plainly. I have never diminished UK's history, nor have I denied it. However, I have made fun of y'all for being so needy and insecure to feel the need to fall back on it when the discussion has nothing to do with history.

I am here to talk the upcoming season. I did enter this thread because I didn't think UK/IU were much of rivals cause they rarely play each other.

5 years and further back have no bearing on a team going into this season. It also has no bearing on the strength of the program in the present.

Why do you continue to use extremes? What if a team plays 3 times in 10 years, is that a rival?

Extreme would be using the word never, which you used originally. History matters and yes. it most certainly can be...

Reactions: RunninRichie

“durr wins don’t count because they are old”

No need to say much more than this but I will add that this is prolly one of your weakest attempts at a shot at UK. You’re slipping Della

I think I have been fairly consistent on stating recent games are what matter regarding rivalries. Historians write about the past. Sports writers write about the present and future.

Nope.... this is what you said: "There are W's and L's and that is all." It's an all or nothing scenario, no matter how much you try to talk in circles to get out of it.

UK 156, UT 74. Timeframing is a loser's argument.

No need to say much more than this but I will add that this is prolly one of your weakest attempts at a shot at UK. You’re slipping Della
If you call a bullseye a weak shot, so be it. However, let's be clear that it isn't a shot at UK, but just fans that use that tactic.

Last edited:
Nope.... this is what you said: "There are W's and L's and that is all." It's an all or nothing scenario, no matter how much you try to talk in circles to get out of it.

UK 156, UT 74. Timeframing is a loser's argument.
See, you can't help yourself. I have never said UT had a better historical record than UK. It simply has never been argued by me, so for you to inject it into a conversation shows your pathetic need to feel superior. I suppose this is why UK fans are scarcer than hens teeth on a CFB board.Laughing

You guys are falling for Della's schtick. She does this all the time. She's just stirring the pot by baiting. She's always done it.

I mean, think about it, a UT fan is on a basketball forum trying to talk shit to UK fans. That’s just crazy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
See, you can't help yourself. I have never said UT had a better historical record than UK. It simply has never been argued by me, so for you to inject it into a conversation shows your pathetic need to feel superior. I suppose this is why UK fans are scarcer than hens teeth on a CFB board.Laughing

"There are W's and L's and that is all." ----Della

What is delusional Della saying about me now?

I hate having to do hard work to prove a point, but let us talk about how damned good Tennessee has been lately:

2019-20 record: UK 15-3 UT 9-9 UK won SEC by three games over Auburn
2018-19 record: UK 15-3 UT 15-3 LSU won SEC by 1 game UK & UT 1 game back
2017-18 record: UK 10-8 UT 13-5 Auburn won SEC by 2 games over Florida
2016-17 record: UK 16-2 UT 8-10 UK won SEC by 2 games over Florida
2015-16 record: UK 13-5 UT 6-12 UK tied SEC with Texas A&M over USC by 2 games
2014-15 record: UK 18-0 UT 7-11 UK won SEC by 5 games over Arkansas

Note UK lost out to UT once and UK is the only team that I can ever recall sweeping the SEC and they have done it several times.

UT still is a second rate power in the SEC. Sorry there is no other way to look at it.

Last edited:
You guys are falling for Della's schtick. She does this all the time. She's just stirring the pot by baiting. She's always done it.

I mean, think about it, a UT fan is on a basketball forum trying to talk shit to UK fans. That’s just crazy.
I wanted to talk "shit" to y'all on the CFB board, but couldn't find any of you there.Laughing

Reactions: kyjeff1
I wanted to talk "shit" to y'all on the CFB board, but couldn't find any of you there.Laughing
Haha, I know, UK football seems to just want to lay down for UT.
UT could lose every game, UK could be undefeated with Aaron Rodgers at QB and UT would somehow still freaking win. Ughhh

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Haha, I know, UK football seems to just want to lay down for UT.
UT could lose every game, UK could be undefeated with Aaron Rodgers at QB and UT would somehow still freaking win. Ughhh
Actually, I admire a UK CFB fan. I also admire a Vandy CFB fan. It shows me they love their school, the sport and support them no matter what.

I think Stoops is a great coach, not a good coach, a great one. He had to build the foundation at UK. Given time and if the University will finically support the program, no telling what he can accomplish.

FSU admin were fools not stealing him when they could.

…...no, using your logic, your team will improve to 75-156 vs. UK.
You’re not using my logic or any logic. I have clearly stated that the game at hand is the game that matters.

Actually, I admire a UK CFB fan. I also admire a Vandy CFB fan. It shows me they love their school, the sport and support them no matter what.

I think Stoops is a great coach, not a good coach, a great one. He had to build the foundation at UK. Given time and if the University will finically support the program, no telling what he can accomplish.

FSU admin were fools not stealing him when they could.
I'm glad to see UK stepped up to the plate and paid Vince Marrow enough money to not take the Michigan State job. It confirms that the athletics department believes in Stoops.
I think Stoops is going to put UK football on the map, but that is if he stays at UK. A bigger named program might want him eventually.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see UK stepped up to the plate and paid Vince Marrow enough money to nit take the Michigan State job. It confirms that the athletics department believes in Stoops.
I think Stoops is going to put UK football on the map, but that is if he stays at UK. A bigger named program might want him eventually.
The big programs choose to bet on one hit wonders instead of tried and true. They usually pay dearly for it.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT