ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana/Kentucky: Its time to get this game back...

It's remarkable to me that someone as seasoned as Bert can't show a shred of modesty. I mostly like the guy, reminds of my dad, (except for the lack being modest). He is so easily bruised by anything non UK love fest.
Modesty?

Man, I have not missed a Kentucky basketball game since December of 1964, radio, tv or being there. That court storming in the 1970's does not register with me. Oscar Combs, who I know, was not even associated with the Cat's Pause at the time it happened (he had not invented it until 1977-78), so I do not see it as being immodest to question his authority.

Kentucky does not storm the court. They do not need to so that is not modesty, just fact.

In real life I am not likeable. I retired from the railroad and we railroaders are bad! We are bad mofos. Borden knows this, plus I love Borden. He is a good guy who is obsessed with Kentucky basketball. (Plus he is married to a good Kentucky girl.)

Last edited:
WOW, that is the way I remember it: three time in Indiana and one in Kentucky.

Stick it IU.

Modesty?

Man, I have not missed a Kentucky basketball game since December of 1964, radio, tv or being there. That court storming in the 1970's does not register with me. Oscar Combs, who I know, was not even associated with the Cat's Pause at the time it happened (he had not invented it until 1977-78), so I do not see it as being immodest to question his authority.

Kentucky does not storm the court. They do not need to so that is not modesty, just fact.

In real life I am not likeable. I retired from the railroad and we railroaders are bad! We are bad mofos. Borden knows this, plus I love Borden. He is a good guy who is obsessed with Kentucky basketball. (Plus he is married to a good Kentucky girl.)

Alls good. Im nota smaert person. I just no the game is a national watch. Its good for CBB

Reactions: cdbearde
I LIKE/respect UK basketball----I am by no means obsessed. Hell I'm not obsessed with my Hoosiers---much less UK. Here's what I do----I'll call shit like it is. And if that so happens to involve UK, a huge rival---rhen so be it. I rarely "attack" UK, unless provoked to do so. Them are the facts. I'm no different than you in that aspect, Bert. Only difference is, we defend different teams....

Note: And yes sir, I married a very good Kentucky girl..

WOW, that is the way I remember it: three time in Indiana and one in Kentucky.

Stick it IU.
Your dislike of IU doesn't allow to see but one side. Glass offered exactly what Cal said he'd do/want: Both games in Indianapolis. As part of a compromise to also get a home/home---what IU wanted, the offer continued with a game in Rupp, then AH. The offer was...

2013 and 14---Indy. Cal said he'd do that, MOF, he offered/proposed that. After all, where the **** was the game gonna be played at in Kentucky? Freedom Hall wasn't an option...And you think UL was gonna agree to let IU/UK play on their floor? Its why Cal said he'd play both games in Indy; not to mention the recruiting prowness it would have allowed..

2015---@ UK
2016- @ IU...

This is what IU wanted...

Tell me Bert, what the **** is wrong wit the above proposal?

A few years ago IU played UK @ Wells Fargo in Des Moines for the S16, where I live now. I can assure you this city has never seen anything like that game. The IU/UK presence was awesome.
These two teams could play in the ****ing Congo, and it would sell out. IU/UK is a network monster. And if/when it happens---and I think it will(Woody doesn't give two ****s where they play---nor does Scott)----it will be must watch TV.

These two teams could play in the ****ing Congo, and it would sell out. IU/UK is a network monster. And if/when it happens---and I think it will(Woody doesn't give two ****s where they play---nor does Scott)----it will be must watch TV.
2016 First round teams in Des Moines consisted of the 3 best traveling fan bases in the country. NCAA said build it and we will come. It was our #1 goal on the commission to host the NCAA tournament. We are now on our 3rd

I LIKE/respect UK basketball----I am by no means obsessed. Hell I'm not obsessed with my Hoosiers---much less UK. Here's what I do----I'll call shit like it is. And if that so happens to involve UK, a huge rival---rhen so be it. I rarely "attack" UK, unless provoked to do so. Them are the facts. I'm no different than you in that aspect, Bert. Only difference is, we defend different teams....

Note: And yes sir, I married a very good Kentucky girl..
Yes sir, let me talk to your wife the next time we talk, because I know she keeps you in line, she is from Kentucky bottom line!!!! 😎 😍
I realize you two have been married for a long time, but maybe I can help her fine tune some things, just offering a helping hand to a really great IU guy. 🤣

Yes sir, let me talk to your wife the next time we talk, because I know she keeps you in line, she is from Kentucky bottom line!!!! 😎 😍
I realize you two have been married for a long time, but maybe I can help her fine tune some things, just offering a helping hand to a really great IU guy. 🤣
shut up...... 😁

Okay, I will just get her number from @lurkeraspect84 🤣 😉
giphy-downsized-large.gif

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT