ADVERTISEMENT

In Chicago the next few days

You can also get a "chicago dog" which is a hot dog with tomatoes and pickles and some other shit on it, if you're interested. Portillo's is a long running place that offers those and "chicago style vienna beef" sandwhiches

Don't go to Portillo's. Go to any of the many small ma and pop hot dog stands. Portillo's is very mediocre at everything they do. Not bad, but there's always a local option that does it better in Chicago.

If you want a hot dog go to Wiener Circle on Clark street, but only if you go after midnight. Don't go there during sober hours. After midnight the place becomes a show in itself. If you do go, here are a couple tips. NO matter how packed it is, the louder and more obnoxious you are the quicker you will get served. You can honestly cut the entire line if you walk in screaming and calling the people behind the counter mother ****ers. Tip #2: order the chocolate shake, you won't be disappointed. Here is a clue...they don't sell shakes there.

Right near Murphy’s so I’m on my way there here in about an hour, game starts at 2:20. I’ve heard amazing things about Gene & Georgetti’s so I have to go there now that you’ve spoken your word. All the other stuff sounds amazing too. Good lookin out, gonna try anything and everything.

Skip Gene and Georgetti's and go to Boefhhaus instead. That's the most hip steakhouse in town these days. G&G is very old school and not in greek town (unless they have a second location I wasn't aware of). It's good, don't get me wrong. But I doubt it's even one of the 5 best steakhouses in its own neighborhood these days.

Reactions: bkingUK
If you like fried chicken I recommend Honey Butter Fried Chicken. It's on the northside, west of Wrigleyville. the fried chicken with honey butter spread on it is addictive.

Giordano's is terrible. best deep dish is Lou Malnati's.

Lots of amazing restaurants, basically would need you to list a type of food you want and we can go from there as far as recs.

Chicago is truly an elite international culinary city.

Reactions: UL_1986
Skip Gene and Georgetti's and go to Boefhhaus instead. That's the most hip steakhouse in town these days. G&G is very old school and not in greek town (unless they have a second location I wasn't aware of). It's good, don't get me wrong. But I doubt it's even one of the 5 best steakhouses in its own neighborhood these days.

You are right about it not being in Greektown. Forgot about that. That’s also why we got lost on way there.

Now I’m imagining @UL_1986 going to Greektown and then realizing I don’t know what I’m talking about. Whoops

Santorini in Greektown is legit though

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
You are right about it not being in Greektown. Forgot about that. That’s also why we got lost on way there.

Now I’m imagining @UL_1986 going to Greektown and then realizing I don’t know what I’m talking about. Whoops

Santorini in Greektown is legit though
Haha I saw it’s right north east of greektown

Reactions: bkingUK
At Batter & Berries right now, and god damn this French toast is good!

Last edited:
Last week, I had deep dish at Lou Malnati’s for dinner around 8. I had been drinking all day at Cubs game, went to Malnati’s after, and then we made the decision to go to Weiner Circle around 12 AM, where I ate char dog and cheese fries. I woke up and ate cinnamon rolls from Ann Sather and later proceeded to eat from 4 of the largest T-bone steaks from Gene & Georgetti’s that I’ve ever seen. I likely lost at least a year of my life between the alcohol and food. Only saving grace is that I insist on walking and taking L anywhere in Chicago and consistently get lost. Always walk 10 miles a day there.

Last week, I had deep dish at Lou Malnati’s for dinner around 8. I had been drinking all day at Cubs game, went to Malnati’s after, and then we made the decision to go to Weiner Circle around 12 AM, where I ate char dog and cheese fries. I woke up and ate cinnamon rolls from Ann Sather and later proceeded to eat from 4 of the largest T-bone steaks from Gene & Georgetti’s that I’ve ever seen. I likely lost at least a year of my life between the alcohol and food. Only saving grace is that I insist on walking and taking L anywhere in Chicago and consistently get lost. Always walk 10 miles a day there.

@Starscream. we need a caloric breakdown

ADVERTISEMENT