ADVERTISEMENT

In Chicago the next few days

UL_1986

Sep 13, 2018
Here until Friday, catching Cubs game today. What’s everyone’s favorite eats and things to do? Weather is perfect here today.. might I add.

Lollapalooza was just last weekend, so I'm guessing you can get some good deals....and a winded windy city.

On it haha. There’s this place called “the Art of Pizza” about a mile from me that’s supposed to really good. If not that I’m thinking Giordano’s.

Giordano's is trash, IMO. Its more like lasagna on a crust. And a corporate chain (just opened one in Denver)

Piece pizza is really good, but not really deep dish style. Lou Malnati's is good and is more deep dish.

Giordano's is trash, IMO. Its more like lasagna on a crust. And a corporate chain (just opened one in Denver)

Piece pizza is really good, but not really deep dish style. Lou Malnati's is good and is more deep dish.
Sounds good, thanks for the tip.

Would love to catch a Bears game in Chicago sometime. Have fun, OP. You coming to Louisville after that by any chance?
Man I wish, gotta head back home Saturday morning. I’ll be in Louisville come late September to early October though! When I do, I’ll def holler, we’re long overdue for a beer.

Here until Friday, catching Cubs game today. What’s everyone’s favorite eats and things to do? Weather is perfect here today.. might I add.

Mandatory Wrigley experience: go to Murphy’s Bleachers before or after the game. Also go to Slugger’s on Clark. The sheer chaos of drunken batting cages upstairs above the bar after games is amazing.

If you’re looking to splurge on a dinner, check out Gene & Georgetti’s in Greektown. Has old school Chicago vibe and awesome steaks and portions. Is expensive but great experience.

Also a big fan of Santorini in Greektown.

If you’ve never been to Weiner Circle. Do that. Don’t think about it. Do it. Best after dark. Food is good, but the people who work the place are better. My friends and I sat there last week and laughed our asses off for a solid half hour.

Lou Mahlnati’s is best pizza fwiw.

While more touristy since off Mag Mile, the restaurant in the Ralph Lauren is probably my favorite lunch spot in Chicago. A little pricey but I like the vibe. Drinks on top of Hancock Building are also worth it. Will probably drop about $15 a drink but it’s cool.

Mandatory Wrigley experience: go to Murphy’s Bleachers before or after the game. Also go to Slugger’s on Clark. The sheer chaos of drunken batting cages upstairs above the bar after games is amazing.

If you’re looking to splurge on a dinner, check out Gene & Georgetti’s in Greektown. Has old school Chicago vibe and awesome steaks and portions. Is expensive but great experience.

Also a big fan of Santorini in Greektown.

If you’ve never been to Weiner Circle. Do that. Don’t think about it. Do it. Best after dark. Food is good, but the people who work the place are better. My friends and I sat there last week and laughed our asses off for a solid half hour.

Lou Mahlnati’s is best pizza fwiw.

While more touristy since off Mag Mile, the restaurant in the Ralph Lauren is probably my favorite lunch spot in Chicago. A little pricey but I like the vibe. Drinks on top of Hancock Building are also worth it. Will probably drop about $15 a drink but it’s cool.
Right near Murphy’s so I’m on my way there here in about an hour, game starts at 2:20. I’ve heard amazing things about Gene & Georgetti’s so I have to go there now that you’ve spoken your word. All the other stuff sounds amazing too. Good lookin out, gonna try anything and everything.

One other place I tried for first time last week after a hundred people told me to go there was Green Street Meats. Didn’t disappoint. Might stand in line 20 minutes but bbq was awesome. Pretty sure I heard there is also a good Ramen bar in the basement, but didn’t check it out.

Right near Murphy’s so I’m on my way there here in about an hour, game starts at 2:20. I’ve heard amazing things about Gene & Georgetti’s so I have to go there now that you’ve spoken your word. All the other stuff sounds amazing too. Good lookin out, gonna try anything and everything.

Yep. Stayed in AirBnB last week in same area. Had great time

Reactions: UL_1986
At Murphy’s currently..

It’s wild and fun af. Already pretty hammered.
giphy.gif

If you want a semi-fancy dinner, Maude's Liquor Bar is delicious. Great date spot.

I can't make any Wrigleyville suggestions since I'm never around there. Someone else mentioned Green Street Smoked meats, which I do like. It's located in the West Loop which has become a hot spot over the years. There's a bar nearby, Lone Wolf, that is ok. If you want to go to a small local bar, try Richard's....it's close to the West Loop. Be ready for the smoke though, they ignore no smoking laws. Unfortunately I'm in Covington, Ky so I can't bring out my flock of attractive uninhibited women.

I can't make any Wrigleyville suggestions since I'm never around there. Someone else mentioned Green Street Smoked meats, which I do like. It's located in the West Loop which has become a hot spot over the years. There's a bar nearby, Lone Wolf, that is ok. If you want to go to a small local bar, try Richard's....it's close to the West Loop. Be ready for the smoke though, they ignore no smoking laws. Unfortunately I'm in Covington, Ky so I can't bring out my flock of attractive uninhibited women.
Didnt' you used to bartend in Chicago? My bad if I have you confused with someone else.

Last time I was in Chicago I stayed in the West Loop near Greek Town. Really cool part of town.

Pizza - Pequods
Steak - Bavette's
Vietnamese Pho - Uptown Pho
Chinese - Chinatown

Majority of Chicago is safe. 5 areas make up like 60% of the murders. There are like 80 areas of Chicago. Biggest problem with Chicago is Gentrification. What happened was they moved all the poor people to the same areas which has caused high crime in those areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
On it haha. There’s this place called “the Art of Pizza” about a mile from me that’s supposed to really good. If not that I’m thinking Giordano’s.

Giordano's is terrible. best deep dish is Lou Malnati's.

Lots of amazing restaurants, basically would need you to list a type of food you want and we can go from there as far as recs.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
ADVERTISEMENT