ADVERTISEMENT

In a game of one on one, who you taking?

imajericho

Aug 26, 2012
You can choose anyone who went to your favorite college team. Has to be their peak play while at your college. Don't argue what they did later on in the pros or such. Jordan is banned for UNC because duh.

The rules.

Game to 11. You get the ball at the key upon checking up. Alternating possession on made basket. Missed shot that hits rim has to be taken back past the 3 point line for opposing player if rebounded. Can be put back up right away otherwise. 3s worth 2. 2s worth 1.

Who you got?

Last edited:
I considered someone like Allen Houston but Chris was money from anywhere on the court

I think the main thing is... can they create for themselves. Can they get stops and/or outscore the opposition.

Like, Shaq might seem like a good choice for LSU, but Pistol Pete would obviously cook him by just outscoring him, despite never being able to stop Shaq from scoring.

Given the nature of 1-on-1, and the caveat it’s only what they did in college give me Jason Williams. Can get by you, shoot it well, excellent handle

Toney Douglas was my first thought. But shoot, given how valuable threes are, maybe Devin Vassell. He can rebound and pick your pocket too.

Could also consider George McCloud.

Interesting choice. The game is arguably biased to 3 point shooters, which isn't Walls strong point. You would think a big, especially Anthony Davis, would make things difficult for Wall.

It’s one on one. It’s not the same as taking jumpers in an organized 5 on 5. If you leave Wall in that setting he’s still probably going to hit most of his open jumpers. The best one on one players are always the most athletic.

And not many people have any hope of actually d’ing up on wall in that scenario.

He hit 32% in college too i think. Not great but not exactly dog shit.

Wall was too fast for anyone in college to stay in front of that year.

You can choose anyone who went to your favorite college team. Has to be their peak play while at your college. Don't argue what they did later on in the pros or such. Jordan is banned for UNC because duh.
Curious----why is MJ banned? He was NPOY(1984() 2X 1st team AA....

Definitely disappointing. Crazy how he blew up late in high school. Kudos to John Beilein for recognizing earlier than anyone else and locking him up.
Naaaah----I'll tell ya whats disappointing...

Kids like Stef, Smith, Loyer----and now Benter(going to be really good), going to Purdue, and Indiana insinuating---"not good enough". Uggggh.

That and when one of your greats, SCott may, whose son played at BLOOMINGTON fukin North, goes to UNC....

More uggggh...

Reactions: boilerzz

The rules.

Game to 11. You get the ball at the key upon checking up. Alternating possession on made basket. Missed shot that hits rim has to be taken back past the 3 point line for opposing player if rebounded. Can be put back up right away otherwise. 3s worth 2. 2s worth 1.

Who you got?
Michael Beasley. Good luck

Naaaah----I'll tell ya whats disappointing...

Kids like Stef, Smith, Loyer----and now Benter(going to be really good), going to Purdue, and Indiana insinuating---"not good enough". Uggggh.

That and when one of your greats, SCott may, whose son played at BLOOMINGTON fukin North, goes to UNC....

More uggggh...
That Smith kid got some Scott Skiles in him.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Somebody is going to guard Zion one-on-one? That's not going to end well for the opposition.

giphy.gif

At some point, he'll get injured and won't be able to finish. ;)

Nah. This is college Zion. Even when he went down to UNC, Zion said he was still ready to play. They were just holding him back to be extra cautious. His first game back against Syracuse he went for 29 pts (13-13 from the field) and 14 rebounds.

Jamal Mashburn! If you didn’t see him play at UK you missed out. He was 6’8” 240lbs. Could handle and shoot like a guard and had a nice post game. Best to ever play for UK imo

ADVERTISEMENT