ADVERTISEMENT

IMO Missouri and Kansas would fit the Big 10 perfect

Let me know when nebraska football in the mid 90s lost to teams like vcu, northern iowa, and bucknell
Let me know when KU basketball has a great decade then followed it up with 20 years of average to mediocre then flat out bad basketball.

Don’t get me wrong, Nebraska in the 90s was great. But football is also a different beast entirely. There are way too many variables in basketball that keep teams from dominating. There hasn’t been an undefeated basketball team in 40+ years. It happens nearly every year in football. You can’t dominate in basketball like you can in football. There’s too much left to chance in bball.

Last edited:
Let me know when KU basketball has a great decade then followed it up with 20 years of average to mediocre them flat out bad basketball.

Don’t get me wrong, Nebraska in the 90s was great. But football is also a different beast entirely. There are way too many variables in basketball that keep teams from dominating. There hasn’t been an undefeated basketball team in 40+ years. It happens nearly every year in football. You can’t dominate in basketball like you damn in football. There’s too much left to chance in bball.
Plus winning six straight in a tourney is a bit different than winning one game that a committee placed you in.

Just a dumb comparison.

Plus winning six straight in a tourney is a bit different than winning one game that a committee placed you in.

Just a dumb comparison.
No the Stupid comparison is seeing how you can lose tons of games in regular season in basketball while if you lose more than basically one in the regular season in football you are done. Uconn lost 8 games in 2014. Yes the tourney is hard but the regular season is in college football is basically its own playoff

Last edited:
Reactions: all4theillini
No the Stupid comparison is seeing how you can lose tons of games in regular season in basketball while if you lose more than basically one in the regular season in football you are done
But it’s a lot more difficult to get upset in football. In basketball all you need is for one team to get hot from 3 or the other team to have a bad night shooting the ball.

In football the more physically dominant team can run it down the other team’s throat most of the time. Unless you fumble the ball several times(in Nebraska’s case since they didn’t throw), you’re going to win most of the time. Inferior teams don’t pull off the upsets very often. So while it is true that losing a game can doom you(unless you’re in the SEC), it’s much easier to win the games you’re supposed to in football. I mean hell, look at Auburn. You guys were ranked #1 at one point and were one of the best 5 or 6 teams in the country. You lost to a middling Miami team in the tourney….you didn’t just lose, you got stomped. Middle of the pack P5 teams don’t just stomp conference leaders in football. You almost lost to Georgia….they’re worse in basketball than KU is in football. Those kinds of upsets happen every year in basketball, usually multiple times. They happen once a decade in football. They’re just different games. The best team in football usually wins it all. Almost always wins it all. In basketball the best team loses all the time. MOST of the time.

No the Stupid comparison is seeing how you can lose tons of games in regular season in basketball while if you lose more than basically one in the regular season in football you are done. Uconn lost 8 games in 2014. Yes the tourney is hard but the regular season is in college football is basically its own playoff
As he said, it’s easier to have a great record in football, for several reasons, which is why you see a bunch of undefeated teams but you never see one in CBB.

Since it’s easier to have a great record, it is/was easier to find yourself in the championship game.

Just a dumb comparison.
Injuries and weather are variables that are minimized in basketball. Injuries will happen in hoops but it’s a weekly concern in football. Weather is something hoops never has to contend with, ever.

So, yes, dumb comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: HawksJ
You didn’t set any record straight. I destroyed your argument every single time. All you ever did was show how bad you are at math.
You clearly aren’t intelligent enough, and if you are sticking by your obviously false statements, then you are doubling down on ignorance.

• Haha
Reactions: HawksJ
Injuries and weather are variables that are minimized in basketball. Injuries will happen in hoops but it’s a weekly concern in football. Weather is something hoops never has to contend with, ever.

So, yes, dumb comparison.
LOL. Weather. Right. And I suppose you think that inclement weather somehow hurts the superior team’s chances, let alone a run-dominant team? Last I checked, both teams are playing in the same conditions.

Injuries may not happen as often in basketball, but there are also way fewer players involved, so the injuries that occur are much more devastating, unless it’s a star QB. You can get by with a mediocre player at many positions in football. Not in basketball.

As he said, it’s easier to have a great record in football, for several reasons, which is why you see a bunch of undefeated teams but you never see one in CBB.

Since it’s easier to have a great record, it is/was easier to find yourself in the championship game.
If it’s easier to do so in football why is Kansas so shitty in football then?

If it’s easier to do so in football why is Kansas so shitty in football then?

Sweet Jesus. We're comparing the relative difficulty for great teams in their respective sports to win national championships. Obviously KU hasn't had a lot of great teams in football.

Aren't you in your 40s or something? Why do you have the arguments of a 12 yr old?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sweet Jesus. We're comparing the relative difficulty for great teams in their respective sports to win national championships. Obviously KU hasn't had a lot of great teams in football.

Aren't you in your 40s or something? Why do you have the arguments of a 12 yr old?
You literally just pointed out that you think football is easier. Self awareness is a very big issue for you. Basketball is easier because one player can literally change the trajectory of an entire team. In football one player does not do that

You literally just pointed out that you think football is easier. Self awareness is a very big issue for you. Basketball is easier because one player can literally change the trajectory of an entire team. In football one player does not do that

Right. Quarterbacks aren't important at all. Teams that lose their star QB usually don't miss a beat. 🤣

It's sad that you can't grasp the point. Which is that it was "easier" for a great football team in the BCS era to win a national title than it is for a great basketball team to win the NCAA tourney.

You clearly aren’t intelligent enough, and if you are sticking by your obviously false statements, then you are doubling down on ignorance.
I never provided a false statement. I provided numbers given by the ncaa itself. The facts are on my side. KU basketball has provided far more revenue to the conference than all ISU sports combined and quite frankly it isn’t even close.

KU’s title run this year gave the conference as much as your last two years of basketball and football combined. Our tourney runs over the previous 8 years garnered more revenue than your football and basketball programs combined by far. You can’t argue facts.

I definitely think its easier to win a football title than basketball.
It’s not even a legitimate question.

Only a couple morons ITT this thread think otherwise.

It’s harder to build a championship-quality team in football, but - once you have the best team - actually winning one is multiple times easier.

Last edited:
It’s not even a legitimate question.

Only a couple morons ITT this thread think otherwise.

It’s harder to build a championship-quality team in football, but - once you have the best team - actually winning one is multiple times easier.
Exactly … just thinking through my own lens, the 2021 Illini who got upset by Loyola in the Second Round just would have been placed in the Final Four to start, as one of the top 4 seeds. Who knows how differently they prepare and respond? Winning six in March is incredibly difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT