ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois

The Bucks went in dry, two pumped and shot Clorox chunks all over your overrated squad!

Illinois is such an enigma to me. I was in the camp that thought they were really good, but they don’t always play like it.

but they have a really nice group of players, ayo, cockburn, 5 star frosh Miller, 4 star heady pgin curbelo.

I thought they would be the class of the big ten, but not was I wrong, thats obviously Minnesota 😂

Illinois is such an enigma to me. I was in the camp that thought they were really good, but they don’t always play like it.

but they have a really nice group of players, ayo, cockburn, 5 star frosh Miller, 4 star heady pgin curbelo.

I thought they would be the class of the big ten, but not was I wrong, thats obviously Minnesota 😂
They're allowed to play too much street ball.

Watching their game against Maryland, they looked so much faster than the Terps, at least early on, but also out of control and not very disciplined. And when their shots aren't falling, then a more disciplined team that can put together a decent shooting night is gonna have a chance.

Dosunmu looks like Russell Westbrook out there at times, trying to act like an elite NBA baller.....with just a bunch of 'guys' around him.

And Cockburn, while a handful inside because of his strength and size, can be somewhat neutralized because he doesn't have the outside presence of a Luka Garza.

Here’s a tip - just try to pretend like you’re not enjoying it the next time your boyfriend goes in raw.
I don't get it... what would this help? Are they doing a BDSM thing? I thought enjoying it would be the point? Again, unless they're trying some BDSM thing.

Illinois doesn't play hard all of the time. They take teams lightly for some reason. That's why you get a squad like OSU that comes in, takes a lead, and then Illinois turns it on and makes it a game with ease. Too little, too late and too many missed calls down the stretch to beat OSU.

Reactions: all4theillini
You'd have 8 wins on our schedule. Not everyone gets to play 155 KSU and 100 ISU in conference.
😄😂🤣😂😄

Stop making excuses.

You were extremely overrated. No where close to being a Top 5 team

I told you and you denied and kept saying that Illinois was a legit Final 4 contender.

Nothing personal but there wasn't anything on the resume to say Illinois was elite.

Good to great team but not great to elite

😄😂🤣😂😄

Stop making excuses.

You were extremely overrated. No where close to being a Top 5 team

I told you and you denied and kept saying that Illinois was a legit Final 4 contender.

Nothing personal but there wasn't anything on the resume to say Illinois was elite.

Good to great team but not great to elite
Look at the Vegas odds, genius. We’re still i final 4 contender. Boomers never learn.

Reactions: Illinifans217
😄😂🤣😂🤣

Maybe because some of you are stupid enough to buy into the hype

Odds are set by betting action.

Need to learn some things.
All of the best analytics in the world or a guy that thinks Shaka is a good coach. Hmmm. Gonna go with the people that know their ass from their elbow. Sorry.

All of the best analytics in the world or a guy that thinks Shaka is a good coach. Hmmm. Gonna go with the people that know their ass from their elbow. Sorry.

Once again you are clueless how odds are determined.

They are determined by money..

Illinois had hype and was a sexy pick. With this Vegas protects their ass.

Smart money goes on teams that people aren't betting on....
Have to teach you everything.

Once again you are clueless how odds are determined.

They are determined by money..

Illinois had hype and was a sexy pick. With this Vegas protects their ass.

Smart money goes on teams that people aren't betting on....
Have to teach you everything.

KenPom, Torvik, Sagarin , Net all disagree with you. Vegas is just one part of that. Thanks for playing.

Smart money is against Texas, but you know that.

Reactions: all4theillini
KenPom, Torvik, Sagarin , Net all disagree with you. Vegas is just one part of that. Thanks for playing.

Smart money is against Texas, but you know that.

Whatever you want to believe?

What does Texas have to do with this...
I am not the one promoting them as a Legit Final 4 contender.

You are trying to hang onto the preseason hype.
Like I said it was hype. Illinois is a good team and should have started probably 13 or 14.

Whatever you want to believe?

What does Texas have to do with this...
I am not the one promoting them as a Legit Final 4 contender.

You are trying to hang onto the preseason hype.
Like I said it was hype. Illinois is a good team and should have started probably 13 or 14.
Oh God, now someone is going to have to explain to him that being a final 4 capable team and being ranked top 4 are different things.

Oh God, now someone is going to have to explain to him that being a final 4 capable team and being ranked top 4 are different things.

????

Final 4 capable team...

Whatever you want to claim to make yourself feel better.
In my mind Illinois isn't now or ever was a legit Final 4 contender.

Doesn't have anything to do with rankings.

It has to do with what I have seen on the court.

Difference with the word Legit. Meaning that if that team isn't playing in the E8 you are shocked.

????

Final 4 capable team...

Difference with the word Legit. Meaning that if that team isn't playing in the E8 you are shocked.
Illinois has two top 25 players. That alone makes them dangerous enough to be a final 4 contender.

If anyone needs verification for out of touch you are, tell them how good Kai Jones is. RollLaugh

Kai Jones by himself will play in more NBA games than youf entire roster.
Just saying
Because an NBA coach will take a kid with tons of potential that wasn't developed in college, and get him to play to his potential. Shaka can get talent. Unfortunate that he's incapable of doing anything with it.

Because an NBA coach will take a kid with tons of potential that wasn't developed in college, and get him to play to his potential. Shaka can get talent. Unfortunate that he's incapable of doing anything with it.

They have too many weapons to rely on someone scoring 20 points

Kai Jones could be a volume scorer at Texas if need be.
But there are too many weapons

They have too weapons to rely on someone scoring 20 points

Kai Jones could be a volume scorer at Texas.
But there are too many weapons
IDGAF about Kai Jones. Kid is a rotation piece.

He's Chris Bosh if he went on a hunger strike and had his talent stolen from the MONSTARS.

This is why you don't judge Top players by numbers...

Only one ball out there

Those Top 25 players you think you have at Illinois wouldn't be getting the ball that much at Texas...

We just have more talent
Ayo Dosunmu is a Wooden Award challenger. You're ignorant.

Where are all of the Texas guys at? I can't find them.

Great...
But Texas has 3 guys who can play the point
Any of them can score 20 on a given night

Therefore some of their numbers will be cut..
There is only ball on the court
I see you're not familiar with Illinois if you think that's different from our lineup. Go look at the usg on each team.

Again, you're ignorant.

I learned long ago to skip any string of posts where its just two guys going back and forth...especially if one of this is Sherriff.
You don't like a good ol' fashioned pissing match? Me either.

????

Final 4 capable team...

Yeah, thought you'd be quiet after Illinois' performance last night. Just another thing you've been exposed on.

Illinois and Iowa both looked good. I thought Illinois got a favorable whistle down the stretch. Most notably the GT. That was one of the weirder plays I’ve seen. They call a GT when it wasn’t, but wisekamp put the follow in immediately, he rebounded the blocked shot and made a basket befor he even landed. Had they been playin 21 someone would have went back to zero. But since they called the bogus goaltend when it wasn’t they couldn’t credit wisekamp with the follow up bucket, and just gave Iowa the ball back. What I don’t know is if Iowa got the ball back bc Weezy got the board like a clear recovery in football on a questionable fumble or if it was possession arrow. Regardless cost Iowa 2 points if the refs woulda just swallowed their whistle. Garza’s 4th foul was a joke as well imo.

But Illinois looked really good as well they weren’t just gifted the game. Ayo looked amazing, cockburn actually took it to Garza in the post a few times, and I really like curbelo he is savvy as can be and despite being a frosh has as the announcer put it “an old man game”.

From what I watched last night, I think Iowa or Illinois can play with anyone outside of gonzaga and Baylor.

Now obv both teams have had some clunkers, but at this point who hasn’t.

Wh
Illinois and Iowa both looked good. I thought Illinois got a favorable whistle down the stretch. Most notably the GT. That was one of the weirder plays I’ve seen. They call a GT when it wasn’t, but wisekamp put the follow in immediately, he rebounded the blocked shot and made a basket befor he even landed. Had they been playin 21 someone would have went back to zero. But since they called the bogus goaltend when it wasn’t they couldn’t credit wisekamp with the follow up bucket, and just gave Iowa the ball back. What I don’t know is if Iowa got the ball back bc Weezy got the board like a clear recovery in football on a questionable fumble or if it was possession arrow. Regardless cost Iowa 2 points if the refs woulda just swallowed their whistle. Garza’s 4th foul was a joke as well imo.

But Illinois looked really good as well they weren’t just gifted the game. Ayo looked amazing, cockburn actually took it to Garza in the post a few times, and I really like curbelo he is savvy as can be and despite being a frosh has as the announcer put it “an old man game”.

From what I watched last night, I think Iowa or Illinois can play with anyone outside of gonzaga and Baylor.

Now obv both teams have had some clunkers, but at this point who hasn’t.
If you bring up the goaltend call then you have to mention the 4 second call on Curbelo’s inbound play.

Wh

If you bring up the goaltend call then you have to mention the 4 second call on Curbelo’s inbound play.

I wasn’t counting with the ref, I’m not sure if the ref quits counting once the pass is released or if someone has to touch it like it is for the clock to start bc he threw a longish pass. Is that not reviewable? Regardless very middle school play to draw up to switch the inbounders and try to inbound to the original inbounder. That was our go to in 8th grade and Iowa read it like a book.

And we could go back to Garza’s fourth foul being an absolute joke. I get it refs miss calls both ways all the time.

That GT took 2 points off the board. That’s the type of calls I have a problem with. Just like when they call a foul on the floor when the offensive player has a clear lane for an easy layup or an easy drop off for a dunk. They call the foul on the defense when in reality it hurts the offensive team that would have had the bucket had the ref swallowed his whistle.

Last edited:
The lead guard for Illinois is a beast. Looks like a difference maker. He's hitting 50% from the floor overall and 41% from the arc. He's getting a lot of dimes too. He's experienced as well.

They got a solid big averaging a double double...it's obvious this is a good team.

Looking @ their stats, looks like 7 man rotation with 5 of the 7 capable of hitting 3s worst % is mid 30s there.

Kenpom has them T10 for anybody that values that.

I wouldn't dismiss them, and if these games are being played in Indy with or w/o fans it's a short commute for them in the NCAAs. Yeah, they could barf in the 1st round, anybody can not named Baylor and Gonzaga it looks like?

I’m fairly certain every tourney team is gonna bubble up in indy, so not sure the short commute will make much of a difference, but who knows.

I’d take ayo, cock burn, curbelo, and miller on my squad anyday.

ADVERTISEMENT