ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois basketball

I would pay $100 to the Fighting Illini booster club right now if I knew the Minnesota / Rutgers game ended at 12:01 tonight

Reactions: MyNameIsDarren
Good thing Illini didnt offer their job to Cuonzo. He'd probably win the natty starting with a 20 win team.

Good thing Illini didnt offer their job to Cuonzo. He'd probably win the natty starting with a 20 win team.
Only Natty Cuozo will ever win, is a Light.
ci_10541.png

Cuonzo is shit. His x's and o's are trash. He gets exposed every season.

Illinois lost 5 seniors, including their starting center and number 3 all-time leading scorer from that 20 win team.

I know how stupid Mizzou fans are just in general. It's funny watching them talk about basketball.

Look out for their team to lose in round 1 of the tournament and return to awful next season. Lol Cuonzo.

When Groce was canned, something like 4 or 5 top 100 kids transferred out of there. In all seriousness, if they would've held on one more season Illinois would've been a tournament team this season.

I don't think Underwood is a bad coach per se, but he's basically starting over their development clock again.

When Groce was canned, something like 4 or 5 top 100 kids transferred out of there. In all seriousness, if they would've held on one more season Illinois would've been a tournament team this season.

I don't think Underwood is a bad coach per se, but he's basically starting over their development clock again.
That's not true. We lost our starting center. Sf, and pg (and a couple of backups no one misses) to graduation. We lost a top 50 sg, a top 150 sf, and had Tilmon recruited out from under us while signed with us.

Our SG and Tilmon would've helped this team, but in all reality, we held onto Groce a year too long. We likely make the tournament last season with any amount of competence from the HC.

Illinois lost 5 seniors, including their starting center and number 3 all-time leading scorer from that 20 win team.

I know how stupid Mizzou fans are just in general. It's funny watching them talk about basketball.

Look out for their team to lose in round 1 of the tournament and return to awful next season. Lol Cuonzo.
Did Martin steal your lunch money? Your criticism of him is over the top. Bordering on lunatic.

Every season. He has added 11 wins to an 8 win team. All while his best recruit is injured and the returning starting PG was kicked off the team for harassing the baddies.

Dude should be national coach of the year.

Every season. He has added 11 wins to an 8 win team. All while his best recruit is injured and the returning starting PG was kicked off the team for harassing the baddies.

Don't try to add on facts to a thread where an obsessed Illinios fan and Sammy Davis Beaker chime in.

Reactions: KCTiger75

Lorenzo Romar-lite.

National coach of the year? Hilarious.

About to make his 3rd ever tournament. He added 3 - 5 stars (1 injured). It shouldn't be that hard to make the tournament with 2 5*, but I guess he's missed it under those circumstances before.

Last edited:
Did Martin steal your lunch money? Your criticism of him is over the top. Bordering on lunatic.
You going to be my new shadow? Starting to get a bit obsessive.

Cuonzo was brought up in an Illinois thread by others. Maybe it's those jackasses you should be replying to.

Last edited:

Cuonzo was brought up in an Illinois thread by others. Maybe it's those jackasses you should be replying to.
Obsessed? Not really. I'm a Martin fan dating back to his Purdue days. Your criticism is over the top and not really supported by history. I don't see anyone touting Martin as a HOF candidate but you characterize him as garbage. Chill.

Obsessed? Not really. I'm a Martin fan dating back to his Purdue days. Your criticism is over the top and not really supported by history. I don't see anyone touting Martin as a HOF candidate but you characterize him as garbage. Chill.
Guy just called him NCOY. They are a likely 6-9 seed.

Not supported? How many times does he have to shit the bed?

Guy just called him NCOY. They are a likely 6-9 seed.

Not supported? How many times does he have to shit the bed?
There are probably 320 coaches who "shit the bed" multiple times. Underwood could be a meme for "shit the bed" this year. You are clearly obsessed with Martin and I was wondering why. My completely ignorant guess is he coaches at Missouri.

There are probably 320 coaches who "shit the bed" multiple times. Underwood could be a meme for "shit the bed" this year. You are clearly obsessed with Martin and I was wondering why. My completely ignorant guess is he coaches at Missouri.

I did a lot of research into Martin when Illinois was in the midst of their coaching search. I couldn't be happier that we passed on him. The short term prospects of the recruiting class he fell into do not outweigh his inabilities.

I like to hate on him to Missouri fans because I know it will pay off long-term. For me, it's the same as our board hating on McCaffery.

Reactions: KisteK
I did a lot of research into Martin when Illinois was in the midst of their coaching search. I couldn't be happier that we passed on him. The short term prospects of the recruiting class he fell into do not outweigh his inabilities.

I like to hate on him to Missouri fans because I know it will pay off long-term. For me, it's the same as our board hating on McCaffery.
Fvck...I love Fran.

Reactions: MGO1668 and Jaycg15
Stole this, but this is a list of some coaches as they started at their new school:

Mick Cronin - Cincy
11-19 (2-14)
13-19 (8-10)

Sean Miller- Arizona
16-15 (10-8) (Worst year since then by far)

Greg Marshall - Wichita St
11-20 (4-14)
17-17 (8-10)

Lon Kruger (At Florida)
11-17 (7-11)

Lon Kruger (At Okla)
15-16 (5-13)

Frank Martin - South Carolina
14-18 (4-14)
14-20 (5-13)

Tony Bennett - Virginia
15-16 (5-11)
16-15 (7-9)

Scott Drew - Baylor
8-21 (3-13)
9-19 (1-15)

John Beilein - Michigan
10-22 (5-13)

Mark Turgeon - Maryland
17-15 (6-10)

Jay Wright - Villanova
19-13 (7-9)
15-16 (8-8)
18-17 (6-10)

Matt Painter - Purdue
9-19 (3-13)

Underwood never should have left a real Bball program in OK State for the Big Slow conference.

Underwood never should have left a real Bball program in OK State for the Big Slow conference.

Are we talking about the same Ok St that's won 2 conference championships since 1965 (1991 and 2004)? I guess that's what happens when the real Kansas team is the only legitimate basketball threat each year in your conference.

Are we talking about the same Ok St that's won 2 conference championships since 1965 (1991 and 2004)? I guess that's what happens when the real Kansas team is the only legitimate basketball threat each year in your conference.

That’s fair but Okie State has been a consistent tourney team whilst Illinois has fallen off a cliff after Bill and Bruce left. Granted was a great program during and prior to. Still have A brand to work with just need to get it going

Last edited:
Bruce was fired, he didn't have a choice in leaving.
Honestly, I'm surprised a P5 team picked him up. I'll give him credit, he won't die, but he sure is mediocre.

Illinois would've been better off keeping him over Groce, but I'd rather have Underwood than either.

Bruce was fired, he didn't have a choice in leaving.
Honestly, I'm surprised a P5 team picked him up. I'll give him credit, he won't die, but he sure is mediocre.

Illinois would've been better off keeping him over Groce, but I'd rather have Underwood than either.

On the mediocre part, oh trust me we know

Reactions: Jaycg15 and cmore79

On the mediocre part, oh trust me we know
If he could recruit to his system, he'd be a solid coach, but he just doesn't. He has some trouble with in-game adjustments, but it's not glaringly bad.

He’s the “Brad” (Will Ferrell) in Daddy’s Home of the NCAA. Good, consistent and dependable. Like a Ford Flex. But overwhelmingly mediocre in all areas.

Totally Bruce Weber here:

Gulp Bruce

Stole this, but this is a list of some coaches as they started at their new school:

Mick Cronin - Cincy
11-19 (2-14)
13-19 (8-10)

Sean Miller- Arizona
16-15 (10-8) (Worst year since then by far)

Greg Marshall - Wichita St
11-20 (4-14)
17-17 (8-10)

Lon Kruger (At Florida)
11-17 (7-11)

Lon Kruger (At Okla)
15-16 (5-13)

Frank Martin - South Carolina
14-18 (4-14)
14-20 (5-13)

Tony Bennett - Virginia
15-16 (5-11)
16-15 (7-9)

Scott Drew - Baylor
8-21 (3-13)
9-19 (1-15)

John Beilein - Michigan
10-22 (5-13)

Mark Turgeon - Maryland
17-15 (6-10)

Jay Wright - Villanova
19-13 (7-9)
15-16 (8-8)
18-17 (6-10)

Matt Painter - Purdue
9-19 (3-13)
Lon Kruger first two years at UNLV was bad. He learned some new tricks while in Vegas and apply it to OU but his true colors is showing now. Good coach. Lazy as f*ck but good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT