If your current coach retired after this season

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by LockdownCard, Feb 25, 2015.

1. LockdownCard

LockdownCard Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Imo its because he's been just as good as the coaching greats like Pitino,k,cal,izzo and Roy.

Not to mention he's twenty years younger than them all. So much potential in this guy.

2. ManRoar

ManRoar Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Thank you.

3. Catonian

Catonian Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

1. Miller - You have to at least make him say no. He's the best recruiter not named Calipari, K, or Self.
    2. Stevens - Multiple Final Fours and NBA coaching experience. What's not to love?
    3. Next tier is probably Hoiberg, Marshall, or possibly an NBA coach.

4. ManRoar

Expand Collapse

Doesnt Stevens just have two FF's?

5. tw3301

tw3301 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

yes but that would still be multiple.

6. parke241

parke241 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I can't tell if you're serious or not. In what way has he been just as good as those guys? I'm not a hater or anything. I just can't figure it out. There are a lot of guys that have accomplished more than he has that don't get as much recognition. Recruiting is cool or whatever but if you cannot turn it into deep runs in March, it means nothing. I hate to pull this card but look at Michigan football under Brady Hoke. You can sign top 5 classes and beat your chest about it but when you let that talent squander by not winning in March, what is it all worth? Calipari gets the same guys and continuously brings them deep into March. That's why he is such a hot commodity.

7. F-Duke

F-Duke Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Miller wouldn't be a good fit at Kentucky. He absolutely hates dealing with the whole booster situation and the media annoys him. He couldn't be more different than Cal in that aspect. Taking into account the Arizona fan base and media is a billion times more relaxed than big blue nation, I'd think him leaving for Kentucky would be a long shot. Yes, Kentucky can offer things nobody else can, but I'm not sure Miller would want to deal with the insanity. It's just not his thing. Plus, he considers Cal a mentor and has already replaced a legend. Replacing another one with even bigger shoes probably doesn't appeal to him all that much.

8. Da_Bull

Da_Bull Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

9. JustinSphere

JustinSphere Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

10. Big_O.

Big_O. Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Good question. No idea.

Pastner? [​IMG]

11. AirZona

AirZona Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Thank you F-Duke for bringing some light. You would think some of the regular posters here would realize Punk is one of the biggest homers on the board. But jumped right at the bait any way.

There always been some talk about UNC for Miller. I hear that has died down a lot and is very happy with what he is building in Tucson.

If Sean left I think we go after Tony Bennett.

12. Big_O.

Big_O. Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Bennett Ball? I'd kill myself.

13. AirZona

Expand Collapse

Packline and who knows if he could recruit the kids out here. He is having great success in the ACC the past two years.

14. LockdownCard

Expand Collapse

First off let me say that football and basketball recruiting is nothing alike in terms of rankings and automatic success on the field, so your Michigan football reference doesn't mean much.

As far as him being good as the greats of the game today is simply true. The only thing he hasn't done at zona is make a final four since he's been there. What he has done since being there is putting them back in there rightful place in the college bball world similar to the legendary Lute Olson minus the title.

As far as recruiting, its more than "cool". You need talent to win and when it comes to assembling talent he is second to cal and that is one hell of a accomplishment. That means he is outrecruiting coaches such as Pitino,Roy,K,jim B,Donovan and many more hof bound coaches.

He's as good as advertised. He's on every top program's short list of coaches they would want some day.

15. parke241

parke241 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So the only thing that he hasn't done is win? Last time I checked, winning in March is the only thing that matters.

Plus, there is more to success than just recruiting stars. UConn had no McDonald's AAs on their title team. Coaching and player development is just as important. That's why the team with the most recruiting stars doesn't win every year.

16. AirZona

Expand Collapse

Arizona was such a mess when he got here. Love what he has done. Also, has been two shots away from two final fours while here. Hope he breaks through this year.

17. LockdownCard

Expand Collapse

Thats the part I dont think he quite understand about the resurgence Miller has given your program. Not to sound like a jerk but once that assistant coach took over zona became pretty bad. There was a drop off in every department. Miller has the program elite once again and he deserves credit simply where its due. People often say he is only a recruiter and he hasn't won in March there and that clearly shows the lack of knowledge for the game by some posters. Pitino didn't restore Louisville back to greatness overnight but what he has done is rebuilt the program and has since had long term success since he took over and Miller is doing exactly the same.

If this Sean Miller guy is a slouch, be sure to make sure all the top ten programs are aware of that once there's a coaching vacancy in the future.

18. SoundSlave

SoundSlave Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Coach Cal; all I care about is winning.

19. ManRoar

Expand Collapse

He wouldn't step foot in that dumpster fire of an Athletic Dept [​IMG]

20. LockdownCard

Expand Collapse

Hook,line and sinker...once again.

21. Jhmoss1812

Jhmoss1812 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I honestly don't think UVA can really ask for or expect anyone better than Bennett. If he left, I would not handle it well at all.

22. ManRoar

Expand Collapse

Do you not get it...I am a PART of the game BRUH. I realize what hes doing...

Keep up. You should be better at this since you are a troll. [​IMG]

Next! lol

23. Airizona

Airizona Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We have been within 4 points of the final four twice in the last few years and currently have the longest streak in the top 10 in the nation. If you think winning in march is all that matters, go check out a blue blood board after a bad loss. Miller is a great coach and will be pursued by any of the blue bloods when they need a coach

24. F-Duke

F-Duke Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

He's a superstar and the sky is the limit for him. Winning at Wazzu is next to impossible and he made it look easy. When he left, I knew he'd make UVA relevant but this has has exceeded all expectations.