ADVERTISEMENT

If you could trade your teams history for any other team...

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Let's take Murray St fans for example and they could trade their history away for another team, I wonder who that would be?

Fan favorite players, favorite momentments etc, who would you trade your teams history for?

I root for losers across all sports. UNC basketball is the only team that has had real and undeniable success. Don’t think I’d trade it for any other program when you measure the totality if it.

Reactions: tarwhiz
It would probably be UCLA
We could have been UCLA. John Wooden was grew up in Indiana and was a 3 time All-American at Purdue. Purdue's AD was stupid enough to ask Wooden to be a coach-in-waiting so some guy named Mel Taube could finish out his contract. Wooden refused and went to UCLA instead.

Yep, I'm still bitter.

PS - Obviously there are no guarantees Purdue would have been UCLA as the weather and uh...scenery are much better in Westwood, but still.......

And i wouldnt really care to trade with ucla seeing as how i wasnt alive during their run.

maybe duke, theyve prob had the best last 35 years(my lifespan) maybe unc idk

but if u wanna trade history with someone else why not just become a fan of that someone else.

Baylor has without a doubt the coolest rags to riches story in CBB over the past 40 years. I'll go with them.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Real question is did purdue have a sam gilbert. Doubtful. That was the perfect storm of doner plus insane celebrity setting in LA.
Purdue had donors buying players in the late 60's. Everyone did at that time because it was accepted. That's how Purdue played UCLA for the national title in basketball in '68 and our football team had it's first ever Rose Bowl appearance and a Heisman runner-up 3 out of 4 years from '66-'69.

I think Purdue getting out of the paying players game resulted from two things. 1) Purdue's always been a conservative school and the NCAA crackdown leading up to and including the SMU death penalty probably shared the shit out of them. 2) This was in part because the NCAA offices were in Indy and littered with IU grads, many of which I'm sure would have loved to put the screws to Purdue.

Kansas has the best history in basketball outside of title numbers. I wouldn't trade all time wins, conf championships, coaches and players for any other team.

Reactions: KisteK
This seems like an odd question, haha ... like, we'd all take histories "better than ours," no? Or was this meant as a Blue Blood circle jerk? :)

I don't think any fan of a blue blood would trade history/places with another. Now there maybe one that will try to use other schools success and attach it to his. I know.....Eyeroll

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
UCLA only has useless bragging rights. So I'd eliminate them. Duke has won all of their championships since I've been alive. So If I had to pick another it would be them, followed next by Kansas.

I think UK has a perfect balance of UCLA and Duke. Old and new championships.

• Haha
Reactions: jimmygoiu
UCLA only has useless bragging rights. So I'd eliminate them. Duke has won all of their championships since I've been alive. So If I had to pick another it would be them, followed next by Kansas.

I think UK has a perfect balance of UCLA and Duke. Old and new championships.
There is a reason that 90% of your average college basketball fans - outside of a few online posters who think only NCs matter and fans of other Blue Blood fan bases - ranks Kentucky as the greatest program of all-time.

Reactions: I am stupid
No one......And its not about the history, but about the memories garnered---and how I became an Indiana fan. Titles, FF's, etc, etc....they are great, and fun to use against your rival(s). BUt even though I don't root/like Purdue, I respect their fans, b/c at the end of the day, they root for Purdue for the same reasons I root for Indiana...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
No one......And its not about the history, but about the memories garnered---and how I became an Indiana fan. Titles, FF's, etc, etc....they are great, and fun to use against your rival(s). BUt even though I don't root/like Purdue, I respect their fans, b/c at the end of the day, they root for Purdue for the same reasons I root for Indiana...
This was basically what I was asking for with the misspelling of "momentments".

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT