ADVERTISEMENT

If it's too dangerous for a hundred people in an arena for the NCAA tourney

You really think these college players are just going to stay home and do nothing? They will be out going to places that have a greater chance of getting them infected than playing games with limited people.

That is a personal choice...

Playing basketball is an obligation.
I am familiar enough with your fanbase that if some of your players decided not to play some of you would have thrown a fit and most likely wouldn't have welcomed them back.

your problem is there are not hundred at these games as there 10,000 + fans at these venues,

100's don't make me RollLaughRollLaugh

I am talking about the plan to play the games in empty arenas with just officials and family. It is WAY more dangerous for us to be at work or walmart than these guys playing in an empty arena...

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I am talking about the plan to play the games in empty arenas with just officials and family. It is WAY more dangerous for us to be at work or walmart than these guys playing in an empty arena...
there is still the travelling to each arena, the risk is multipied by all the travelling.

Our lives and our economy revolve around work and places like Walmart. Those are much more vital to keeping things going than the NCAA tournament. If you shut down everybody from going to work + Walmart the we are essentially facing martial law. If that happens watch for the DOW to break 10,000, lol.

Our lives and our economy revolve around work and places like Walmart. Those are much more vital to keeping things going than the NCAA tournament. If you shut down everybody from going to work + Walmart the we are essentially facing martial law. If that happens watch for the DOW to break 10,000, lol.

One of the local walmarts just cut open hours.

Hearsay at this point, but his wife is a mgr there.

*went from 24 hours to 1-6 am closed

it won't happen today as the markets look like this today
DOW +1033.14
S&P +114.47
Oil +0.61
Gas +0.01

One of the local walmarts just cut open hours.

Hearsay at this point, but his wife is a mgr there.

*went from 24 hours to 1-6 am closed
my Brother manages a Walmart and he said that Wally world as a whole will be cutting back on their open hours. this is in line with their self check out as the plan is to start eliminating employees.

Bummer. I haven't been in years but 1-6 AM Wal-Mart is a very interesting place to be.
I'd honestly rather walk into a room of vagina crusted, plague fill room of dildoes than another Walmart. But just as I have to with the vagina crusted, plague fill room of dildoes, aka as work, I do anyways.

The only way my workers could get worse at this time is if they had a Corona....

*shit then I might like them. I got off.

I'd honestly rather walk into a room of vagina crusted, plague fill room of dildoes than another Walmart. But just as I have to with the vagina crusted, plague fill room of dildoes, aka as work, I do anyways.

The only way my workers could get worse at this time is if they had a Corona....

*shit then I might like them. I got off.
1-6 AM Wal-Mart. There's families shopping, drunk people, meth heads, crack heads, junkies, security guards, undercover security guards, people there for emergency purposes, people there who just got off the night shift and many many other types. It's just the craziest mix of people. You never know what random you're gonna come across.

It's the best time to go, IMO.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Then it's too dangerous for us to go to work, go to walmart or go to a gas station and we should all roll over and die as hermits and let the world go to crap...

Cancelling a fanless NCAA tournament is stupid. If you disagree and you're at work right now, then you're stupid too.
It is sort of like the twilight zone. We are apparently living in a world that one can't perceive what is real or unreal.

We live in a culture of wussies.

Our economic system requires us to risk exposure to an international pandemic. Yay, freedom.

NC Gov Roy Cooper shut down all public school and banned gatherings over 100. I don't know how the latter works Constitutionally, but I'm not inclined to engage in any civil disobedience over it.

Our economic system requires us to risk exposure to an international pandemic. Yay, freedom.

NC Gov Roy Cooper shut down all public school and banned gatherings over 100. I don't know how the latter works Constitutionally, but I'm not inclined to engage in any civil disobedience over it.

1st amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Reactions: mebeblue2
I 100% grasp what’s going on.
A family friend of mine is a senior baseball player for WKU.
He has having a great year so far & was getting calls from scouts about being drafted.
My heart breaks for him because the entire baseball season was cancelled.
Sorry but I feel for kids like that more than a tournament being cancelled
Is this your family's friend, or your wife's?

People aren’t being fired because they were told to stay home for a few weeks.

1st amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Stfu

it won't happen today as the markets look like this today
DOW +1033.14
S&P +114.47
Oil +0.61
Gas +0.01
LOL...no offense Gil, but you are the last person I would listen to when it comes to the economy and financial markets.

LOL...no offense Gil, but you are the last person I would listen to when it comes to the economy and financial markets.
wouldn't want you to. only been following the markets for the last 40 years. making graphs, flow charts to judge the ups and downs and invested what I had at the time, missed a few but hit on a couple. ones I hit on produced a small profit, the misses now those were bad misses but at the time didn't have the minimum they wanted to buy stock in,

My Parents had a chance to buy into Winnebago when they were just getting started with the Mobile homes, Motor homes, with just a minimum of $10,000, if they had would not need to worry about money after all the stock splits and dividends.

Then it's too dangerous for us to go to work, go to walmart or go to a gas station and we should all roll over and die as hermits and let the world go to crap...

Cancelling a fanless NCAA tournament is stupid. If you disagree and you're at work right now, then you're stupid too.

Awesome. Too many chicken littles.

1st amendment:

Wonder if college snowflakes know about freedom of speech or the fact that their grandparents protested, assembled, and were arrested trying to protect that freedom? Or do they even fvcking care? Burn the constitution right...

Got me, I was referring to keeping the fans out. They obviously cancelled the fanless tournament for the safety of players and staff since you're correct that wont do much to slow the spread, except to the players and staffs.

However, shutting down all office buildings would require federal intervention, while the NCAA tournament doesnt. Shutting down the tournament also doesnt completely cripple the economy, making it actually feasible.
But if the virus is that deadly then they shouldn’t be worrying about the economy, they should worry about the safety of all people.

The Swamp Fox?

Yessir. Father of American guerilla warfare. My best bud said the Army Ranger’s consider him one of their 2 “father’s”, and still study his tactics in fighting. My buddy retired a LT. Colonel and Ranger.

Also Apollos Revoire, Paul Revere.
My great grandmother married into the LeMay family. Cousin of Curtis LeMay, General US Air Force WWII.

Off the top of my head. We have family trees that go waaay back.

But if the virus is that deadly then they shouldn’t be worrying about the economy, they should worry about the safety of all people.
Do you have any idea how many people would die in a total economic freeze?

Really not sure what point you guys are even trying to make here. Are you trying to hint that it has been blown out of proportion because we aren't in martial law and they havent locked down the entire nation yet? Or are you saying that you wish that they had already instituted martial law?

Last edited:
Yessir. Father of American guerilla warfare. My best bud said the Army Ranger’s consider him one of their 2 “father’s”, and still study his tactics in fighting. My buddy retired a LT. Colonel and Ranger.

My great grandmother married into the LeMay family. Cousin of Curtis LeMay, General US Air Force WWII.

Red neck noise. Do everyone a favor and stay home.

I love history.

I remember the TV series about The Swamp Fox and the real stuff in College history.

Yeap, my family tree also goes way back. I work hours each week on it.

I love history.

I remember the TV series about The Swamp Fox and the real stuff in College history.

Yeap, my family tree also goes way back. I work hours each week on it.

Yeah I’m with you. History is fascinating. I just started on ancestry a while back. The dna was a surprise. Just read a good book on Marion that seemed to cut thru a lot of the myths. If you like reading, check “How Francis Marion saved the American Revolution.” Can’t recall the author. My branch of the family settled and named Marion county(Ocala), Fl.
Working on Chief Dragging Canoe now. Nearly impossible. Had between 1-7 wives and 6-100+ children. We all may have a bit of the Chief’s blood lol, kinda like Genghis Kahn.

What happens when players refuse to play? You really expect players to go out & play as hard as they acan when they have no idea if their opponent is infected?
I’m sure if it was your son & his future you’d have a different view.

I'm not going to argue about whether or not the tournament should have been cancelled, but I would be shocked if there was 1 player that wouldn't kill to be able to play, let alone refuse to play.
For many of them this will be their only chance to compete for a National Championship.

If it were my son I would let him make his own decision, because he'd be an adult.

My wife’s family is related to Madison. Your family must have originally been from Virginia.
12 of my ancestors fought in the Revolution. 10 of the 12 were from Virginia. Patrick Henry was my 4th great grand fathers neighbor and my great grand father was his attorney. The reason my family live in this area is because it was set aside for the Virginia Patriots. Patrick Henry's sister is buried in the Smiths Grove Cemetery.

Below is the warrant that my 4th Great grandfather John Elmore got for land about 3 miles from where I live:
181d7362-97f5-4e5f-89d0-a2a9d44e12b3.jpg

About Madison: the Taylor family has 5 Presidents. James Madison's grandmother was Francis Taylor. Zachary Taylor is Madison's cousin also. Zachary Taylor's son in law was Jefferson Davis, President of the CSA.

12 of my ancestors fought in the Revolution. 10 of the 12 were from Virginia. Patrick Henry was my 4th great grand fathers neighbor and my great grand father was his attorney. The reason my family live in this area is because it was set aside for the Virginia Patriots. Patrick Henry's sister is buried in the Smiths Grove Cemetery.

Below is the warrant that my 4th Great grandfather John Elmore got for land about 3 miles from where I live:
181d7362-97f5-4e5f-89d0-a2a9d44e12b3.jpg

About Madison: the Taylor family has 5 Presidents. James Madison's grandmother was Francis Taylor. Zachary Taylor is Madison's cousin also. Zachary Taylor's son in law was Jefferson Davis, President of the CSA.

I am currently recording all my ancestors that fought in the Revolution. About 1/8 thru the family trees, so far 4 Patriots, 2 Loyalists. Haven’t added in Francis Marion or Paul Revere yet. Fascinating. What category do I put Dragging Canoe in?

ADVERTISEMENT