If I'm Bob Huggins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
I would've gotten thrown out 15 times.

I don't care if they did foul that many times. There is absolutely NO way possible that the ft difference should be 35 to 2. I was shocked to see that number. Sounds like a hose job to me. Didn't watch though.

I don't care if they did foul that many times. There is absolutely NO way possible that the ft difference should be 35 to 2. I was shocked to see that number. Sounds like a hose job to me. Didn't watch though.

You are right it should be 70 to 2:)

Reactions: KUhawks34

Preach.

But again... he lost the game for us. Freezing the team with 9 minutes to go up 12.

The refs called it like that the whole game. If we dont quit running offense we win easily.

WVU fouls - that’s no secret. The issue is the lack of fouls called on KU. Game changing whistle swallowing to protect league darlings KU reeked of a fix. Wishing the undeserving Jayhawks all the worst going forward.

WVU fouls - that’s no secret. The issue is the lack of fouls called on KU. Game changing whistle swallowing to protect league darlings KU reeked of a fix. Wishing the undeserving Jayhawks all the worst going forward.
0wShhjApQiq8TTt8b8C3_Sudeikis%20Bite.gif

The no calls on Konate & Dax w/ under 2 minutes to go in a single possession game were ****in ridiculous. I’m glad Huggs got tossed after that bullshit. Even Self said after the game that he’d never seen a game with that big of a disparity. But, the truth is KU didn’t play that much different offensively from us. They shot a lot of jump shots too. Big 12 just gotta protect their blue blood. WVU fans hate this stupid ****ing conference.

All good though this is why KU gonna lose early in March again. Don’t have the normal whipping boys working the sidelines.

The no calls on Konate & Dax w/ under 2 minutes to go in a single possession game were ****in ridiculous. I’m glad Huggs got tossed after that bullshit. Even Self said after the game that he’d never seen a game with that big of a disparity. But, the truth is KU didn’t play that much different offensively from us. They shot a lot of jump shots too. Big 12 just gotta protect their blue blood. WVU fans hate this stupid ****ing conference.

All good though this is why KU gonna lose early in March again. Don’t have the normal whipping boys working the sidelines.
You mom should be proud. She raised a fine troll.

But, the truth is KU didn’t play that much different offensively from us. They shot a lot of jump shots too.

This is patently false. Say we got a favorite whistle, but at least be honest. The two teams had dramatically different approaches last night.
Lmao... WVU shot 4 more threes than KU & your only post player had a total of 8 shots. But, they definitely were two completely different approaches. You guys are a special breed. Years of whipping boys patrolling the sidelines has really made you blind.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer

Kansas apparently paid the refs.

That is cheating pure and simple. West Virginia fouls, but that differential is not right.

Last edited:
If you guys want the stats on reasons why the disparity was so large check out the game thread pages 12-14. I’ll agree that 35-2 is crazy but there were two completely different game plans used by the two. One team consistently drove the ball all night and the other didn’t. You’re gonna have a pretty big FT disparity when that happens.

If you guys want the stats on reasons why the disparity was so large check out the game thread pages 12-14. I’ll agree that 35-2 is crazy but there were two completely different game plans used by the two. One team consistently drove the ball all night and the other didn’t. You’re gonna have a pretty big FT disparity when that happens.

I know this doesnt count fouls, but Shot chart doesn't look much different to me.

22 of ku's 47 shots were 3's 47%

26 of wvu's 61 shots were 3's 43%

1538kso.png

I know this doesnt count fouls, but Shot chart doesn't look much different to me.

1538kso.png

I don't know the answer, but do they chart misses that result in foul shots? They don't count as attempts so I doubt they get charted as shots. Would add probably 8-10 shots around the rim to KU's chart.

Also, 2 mid range jump shots for KU and 18 for WVU. That's a pretty big difference in where shots are being taken.

1538kso.png

Actually those are pretty different shot charts. KU took a whopping 2 midrange jumpers. While WVU took 18 shots from midrange. Add in the 26 3s and WVU took 44 shots from outside the paint. Not to mention several shots from Carter in the paint he faded away from contact. This isn't rocket science.

honestly, in all seriousness, if you don't see the massive difference in those shot charts there's no hope for you.

He did the same thing a couple of years ago when Kentucky got jobbed at KU.

Nobody is saying WVU should have had 35 free throws. They should have had more than 2 and it doesn't take a blind person to see the screw job by two of the most incompetent refs in the business.

He did the same thing a couple of years ago when Kentucky got jobbed at KU.

Nobody is saying WVU should have had 35 free throws. They should have had more than 2 and it doesn't take a blind person to see the screw job by two of the most incompetent refs in the business.

Yes. My argument is that WVU should have had more than 2 fts. Sure, let KU have 35. But if you're going to allow that many ft attempts on one team, more than two for the other would probably look a little bit better.

Yes. My argument is that WVU should have had more than 2 fts. Sure, let KU have 35. But if you're going to allow that many ft attempts on one team, more than two for the other would probably look a little bit better.

Officials don't "allow" for fouls. They call fouls based on the rule book. The player commits the foul, the ref just calls it.

honestly, in all seriousness, if you don't see the massive difference in those shot charts there's no hope for you.

Just stick to reverse jinx posts about your team having no chance to win and quit trying to act like you know anything about basketball.

Both teams took a lot of 3's. I see 14 shots in the paint for wvu and 19 for ku. We have more midrange shots.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Just stick to reverse jinx posts about your team having no chance to win and quit trying to act like you know anything about basketball.

Both teams took a lot of 3's. I see 14 shots in the paint for wvu and 19 for ku. We have more midrange shots.

19 charted. A lot of uncharted missed shots that resulted in fouls. You keep glossing over really important pieces of information to help spin your narrative.

1538kso.png
It doesn't look that much different? Really? Wow. Look at the shots inside the arc, yet outside of lane for WVU. Then look for Kansas. I mean if you cannot see the difference, maybe your eyes are closed? Just a wuick count, shows WVU with 7 , maybe 8 shots at the rim. With KU? Well there are to many dots to count. Their shots look like a grape vine, TBH. Just to many. But a guess would be 13 or so? Then total shots in the paint. Maybe 10 or so for WVU? KU? Atleast 20.
Now look at shots outside the paint; i.e. mid-range. WVU a ton. Kansas TWO. yes, TWO.

This shot chart tells a story, doogie. I posted it last night. But the story it tells isn;t a good one for you, or your argument.

With that being said----35-2 is still a crazt stat.

More is an absolute understatement. Kansas took TWO mid-range shots. Shots in the paint don't tell a huge story. Its shots at the rim. That number is like 14 for KU, 6-7 for WVU.

Bottom line Doogie: WVU took a lot of mid-range, to 3 point shots. A lot. Like roughly 90% of your FGA. But even then, 35-2 is absurd. But when you start breaking the game down, it's not THAT absurd.

It doesn't look that much different? Really? Wow. Look at the shots inside the arc, yet outside of lane for WVU. Then look for Kansas. I mean if you cannot see the difference, maybe your eyes are closed? Just a wuick count, shows WVU with 7 , maybe 8 shots at the rim. With KU? Well there are to many dots to count. Their shots look like a grape vine, TBH. Just to many. But a guess would be 13 or so? Then total shots in the paint. Maybe 10 or so for WVU? KU? Atleast 20.
Now look at shots outside the paint; i.e. mid-range. WVU a ton. Kansas TWO. yes, TWO.

This shot chart tells a story, doogie. I posted it last night. But the story it tells isn;t a good one for you, or your argument.

With that being said----35-2 is still a crazt stat.

......and is prima facie evidence that the refs were not fair.

To help the folks who never had any business law classes: prima facie definition: (pry-mah fay-shah) adj. Latin for "at first look," or "on its face," referring to a lawsuit or criminal prosecution in which the evidence before trial is sufficient to prove the case unless there is substantial contradictory evidence presented at trial.

More is an absolute understatement. Kansas took TWO mid-range shots. Shots in the paint don't tell a huge story. Its shots at the rim. That number is like 14 for KU, 6-7 for WVU.

Bottom line Doogie: WVU took a lot of mid-range, to 3 point shots. A lot. Like roughly 90% of your FGA. But even then, 35-2 is absurd. But when you start breaking the game down, it's not THAT absurd.

We always take a lot of midrange shots. We don't have guards who attack the rim livke we've had in the past.

We've never only shot 2 ft's before.

And i won't even get Into how many fouls they got away with on cutters and away from the ball. Or all the offensive fouls by Azabuike.

The refs were horrible, but like I said before... We beat ourselves when we quit running offense and went to stall ball with 9 mins to go.

To help the folks who never had any business law classes: prima facie definition: (pry-mah fay-shah) adj. Latin for "at first look," or "on its face," referring to a lawsuit or criminal prosecution in which the evidence before trial is sufficient to prove the case unless there is substantial contradictory evidence presented at trial.

I looked at some stats this morning about fouls on 3FG in the NBA. The stats bear out that you get fouled nearly exponentially less shooting jump shots than driving downhill at the rim. NBA teams get fouled 4% of the time on 3FGA. If you triple that number to 12% for anything outside 10 feet, WVU would have been fouled on 5.64 attempts. So the refs potentially missed 2-3 shooting fouls against Kansas on WVU jump shots. At first blush the numbers look bad, but when you start digging, it isn't shocking that WVU didn't shoot a lot of FTs.

I really dont get why some think the officials are not "fair". I know a lot of these guys. I've never, not once felt any of these dudes showed any bias. Sure all officials are prone to being "influenced" by the home crowd. But hell even Huggins said he didn't think that was the case. I mean it seems like everytime we are having this discussion: Officials neing biased, or not fair. Well if that is the case, who are the officials fair with, and not biased against? It seems as if some of feel they are biased/not fair every game. If that is the case, then how does anybody ever win a game?

Officials have bad games. It happens. And when it does, ESPN makes sure to show a call, or calls, over nad over and over, and over. Write articles about it. Officiaitng isn't really any worse than it was 15 years ago. It just has more exposure now.

Example here with the OSU/UM game. A foul was called. They showed that play four times. Why? Is it that important? Why not show the good calls, four times?

Social media and technology have been the main reason officiaiting gets the scrunity it does. It's more visible today than it ever was. Back in the day Bert, you/we didn't have super-duper slow mo, with 18 different camera angles, on a 72" HD tv. Today we do. And that has played a huge role.

With that being said, there have been some ridiculously bad officiated games. And a ton of inconsistency. But no more today than there was 10-15 years ago. Biggest difference? Today those calls are more visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT