ADVERTISEMENT

Idea

hawkeye bb n fb fan

Nov 11, 2016
As you guys know by now, the BIG is playing their Conference Tournament one week earlier because it's at MSG and they can't interfere with the nBE Tournament. This made me think of something: What do you guys think about rotating the Power 5 CBB Conferences as far as who plays the week before all of the other ones? Here me out: As a die hard CBB Basketball fan, I love this idea because it is a whole week dedicated to one conference. Plus then the next week, that's one less conference you have to worry about when trying to watch all the games. And the fans would still go to the games if they liked CBB. As I said, they could rotate who plays a week earlier. It could go as follows:

17-18 BIG plays a week earlier
18-19 ACC plays a week earlier
19-20 nBE plays a week earlier
20-21 BIG 12 plays a week earlier
21-22 SEC plays a week earlier

Thoughts?

Off the OP subject...but what are you hearing about the possibility of Tyler Cook transferring to MU? TIA

Pretty terrible idea like the one Delaney had to make the B1G play their conference tournament a week early.

If Delaney couldn't cut a deal with the nBE to play the tournament in the normal week it should have never been done.

If Delaney doesn't want to always play in Indianapolis (the best spot for it) or Chicago (second best spot for it) move it to other B1G cities like Minneapolis or Detroit.

D.C was a dumpster fire and while I think MSG will be better than D.C. having to play it a week earlier makes it a horrible idea. Its all about that dollar though.

Off the OP subject...but what are you hearing about the possibility of Tyler Cook transferring to MU? TIA
Talking about Missouri I'm assuming. I don't know anything about that, nor do I pretend to. I doubt he does but if he's not happy at Iowa and wants to go home then it's certainly a possibility

Pretty terrible idea like the one Delaney had to make the B1G play their conference tournament a week early.

If Delaney couldn't cut a deal with the nBE to play the tournament in the normal week it should have never been done.

If Delaney doesn't want to always play in Indianapolis (the best spot for it) or Chicago (second best spot for it) move it to other B1G cities like Minneapolis or Detroit.

D.C was a dumpster fire and while I think MSG will be better than D.C. having to play it a week earlier makes it a horrible idea. Its all about that dollar though.
Because of the geographical footprint and travel considerations, it should never be further east than Cleveland or further west than Chicago. Indy-perfect. Chicago-great. Detroit and Cleveland-fine. No Minny (shout out to traditional footprint though), No Pittsburgh, No Philly (though they do love college basketball in Philly, just not Penn St.), No DMV (sorry Terps, love your program, but the fit is so awkward), no NYC.

Reactions: klize17
Because of the geographical footprint and travel considerations, it should never be further east than Cleveland or further west than Chicago. Indy-perfect. Chicago-great. Detroit and Cleveland-fine. No Minny (shout out to traditional footprint though), No Pittsburgh, No Philly (though they do love college basketball in Philly, just not Penn St.), No DMV (sorry Terps, love your program, but the fit is so awkward), no NYC.

Im fine with no DC, got used to the ACC being in Greensboro all the time anyway. Keep the tournament in Indy.

The rest of college basketball doesn't need to follow Jim Delaney's pathetic attempts at money grabs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT