ADVERTISEMENT

****, I WAS anxious, but all is well!:)

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Sorry, posting this here b/c I don't want to hit anyone in "real life" with this, but need to vent... the wife is going in for the results of a cancer scan in a few hours, and there have been a few things that make us nervous (her old cancer was a type that comes back, her lymph nodes are all swollen up) and then, to cap it off, she got this random text message a few days ago inviting her to a cancer support group... like, what? Turns out it was accidental, meant to be sent to someone else, but now of course we can't help but worry that it is a sign...

So yeah. I feel like I can't breath and have to throw up. Holy ****ing anxious.

Sorry, posting this here b/c I don't want to hit anyone in "real life" with this, but need to vent... the wife is going in for the results of a cancer scan in a few hours, and there have been a few things that make us nervous (her old cancer was a type that comes back, her lymph nodes are all swollen up) and then, to cap it off, she got this random text message a few days ago inviting her to a cancer support group... like, what? Turns out it was accidental, meant to be sent to someone else, but now of course we can't help but worry that it is a sign...

Prayers for you and your wife.

To ease that anxiety, you need to take your mind off of it. How much money do you think has been funneled to Duke recruits over the years? Has it reached 7 figures yet?

Reactions: jace4655555

To ease that anxiety, you need to take your mind off of it. How much money do you think has been funneled to Duke recruits over the years? Has it reached 7 figures yet?

It ****ing better have, with the amount of money we give that school! If not, I'd be disappointed:)

I hate to hear that, regardless of the results. It interjects stress into your life either way. Will certainly keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear this man. I hope all goes well. Praying for her, you and your whole family.

to cap it off, she got this random text message a few days ago inviting her to a cancer support group... like, what? Turns out it was accidental, meant to be sent to someone else

Jesus. That’s f**ked up.

Praying for you, man.

Hoping for the best for your wife @TheDude1. I wouldn't wish that disease on anybody.
Hopefully y'all get a negative result on that scan.
Sorry to hear about this.

Hey all, wife called, all clear. All weekend, just thinking about the kids not having a mom and all of that. FFS.

One bad thing, sort of... she went to the results alone, because I have a big day at work and we figured it will all be fine... a nurse came out before she saw the doctor and asked her "Mrs. B, are you here alone today?" She was like "Uh, yes?" And the nurse goes, "Oh, okay," and went into the doctors office. They've never asked that before, and my wife said she nearly burst into tears, assuming that there was bad news coming. FFS!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, everyone. Holy hell.

Jesus. That’s f**ked up.

Praying for you, man.

Right?! And my wife is BIG into "signs from the universe," and she GETS them. Constantly. Like, she will be sitting somewhere and be like "I am nervous about xyz... if the universe could send me a cardinal, that would be great." Literally ten seconds later the character on Eastbound and Down drives past a sign with a cardinal on it. And this happens CONSTANTLY, to the point where I, a devout agnostic, sort of believe in signs from the universe... so that one was a GIANT kick in the dick.

Prayers man! Cancer sucks. Lost my mom to cancer back in 03. I live in a really small town and there are two kids under the age of 3 that are going through cancer treatments. I hate cancer with a passion!!!

Prayers man! Cancer sucks. Lost my mom to cancer back in 03. I live in a really small town and there are two kids under the age of 3 that are going through cancer treatments. I hate cancer with a passion!!!

Kids going through it... come on now. You see that photo of that little kid with leukemia that went around a few days ago? Hardest thing to look at:(

Yep, seeing kids with cancer/leukemia is the worst shit ever!!!

I hope all works out for your wife Dude1. My thoughts are with you both.

Reactions: TheDude1
Hang in there dude. You have my thoughts and prayers for you and your family. God will pull you through

I had to laugh at this

Oh, and no one should ever feel bad about “hitting some in real life” with something like this. If any of my friends acted like be confiding in them over my wive’s cancer results then they can go fvck themselves.

I'm sorry man, prayers go out it's nothing serious.

No no, all good thanks!

Could a mod change the title, just so people know that things are okay? I don’t want people wasting energy worrying or anything, you know?

No no, all good thanks!

Could a mod change the title, just so people know that things are okay? I don’t want people wasting energy worrying or anything, you know?
You can change the thread title yourself. Look for a little wrench button above your OP.

Reactions: TheDude1
Hey all, wife called, all clear. All weekend, just thinking about the kids not having a mom and all of that. FFS.

One bad thing, sort of... she went to the results alone, because I have a big day at work and we figured it will all be fine... a nurse came out before she saw the doctor and asked her "Mrs. B, are you here alone today?" She was like "Uh, yes?" And the nurse goes, "Oh, okay," and went into the doctors office. They've never asked that before, and my wife said she nearly burst into tears, assuming that there was bad news coming. FFS!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, everyone. Holy hell.

Great news!

ADVERTISEMENT